Tom Lawrence

5 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Dessers is complete dross but he’s not even on the same level of bad as Tom Lawrence for me 

He doesn’t offer a single thing and like you I cannot stand the sight of him 

People don’t like Cantwell and with good reason but Clement’s petty tiff with him is costing us by having to play this horse 

Cantwell is the other side of what's wrong with footballers these days, more interested in his own personal image, both media wise/physically than anything else.

But aye would agree, I think he had enough of Clement making him the scapegoat and has chucked it, few said it would come last season and it has.

His handling of both the Cantwell/Hagi situation has been pretty shocking tbh, we've basically alienated 2 highly paid players who at best will now leave on a low transfer/loan deal & at worst be in the outskirts for a season.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Cantwell is the other side of what's wrong with footballers these days, more interested in his own personal image, both media wise/physically than anything else.

But aye would agree, I think he had enough of Clement making him the scapegoat and has chucked it, few said it would come last season and it has.

His handling of both the Cantwell/Hagi situation has been pretty shocking tbh, we've basically alienated 2 highly paid players who at best will now leave on a low transfer/loan deal & at worst be in the outskirts for a season.

Don't know what else he should've done with both players?

Cantwell asked for the transfer last season. Clement turned it down and asked him to think about it, still played him in the mean time despite that. Cantwell comes back to him again and says he wants to go. Does Clement force him to stay and play for us when clearly he doesn't want to be here?

Hagi contract situation is nothing to do with him or Koppen and was a deal done by Beale while Hagi was recovering from his ACL injury. Should've been out of contract this summer.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Don't know what else he should've done with both players?

Cantwell asked for the transfer last season. Clement turned it down and asked him to think about it, still played him in the mean time despite that. Cantwell comes back to him again and says he wants to go. Does Clement force him to stay and play for us when clearly he doesn't want to be here?

Hagi contract situation is nothing to do with him or Koppen and was a deal done by Beale while Hagi was recovering from his ACL injury. Should've been out of contract this summer.

Cantwell wise, he got made the scapegoat by Clement last season, twice in particular, pulling him off first half of the European game and again in the cup final shoving him about...tbh I can't really blame him for not wanting to play under Clement...as much as I think he's a primadonna

Hagi, contract wise nothing to do with them both agreed.

The issue with both is the public comments from Clement and sticking them both to the B team, Cantwell isn't even featuring now at all for them, we've massively weakened our hand in any deal going forward.

11 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

You have to ask the question why Cantwell & Hagi want to leave Rangers when they know it is the biggest club they will ever play for. Even Goldson wanted to leave. Things are not rosy.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You have to ask the question why Cantwell & Hagi want to leave Rangers when they know it is the biggest club they will ever play for. Even Goldson wanted to leave. Things are not rosy.

Hagi imo is being influenced by his dad who seems happy to whore him out to everyone who wants to listen. Cantwell thinks he's better than he is. Goldson knew he couldn't keep up anymore and took a step down in level, at least he made the right decision.

7 minutes ago, Jelle1880 said:

Hagi imo is being influenced by his dad who seems happy to whore him out to everyone who wants to listen. Cantwell thinks he's better than he is. Goldson knew he couldn't keep up anymore and took a step down in level, at least he made the right decision.

It wasn’t that long ago his dad was being quoted as saying he hoped he would come back and ready to fight for his place at Rangers. I don’t think Hagi Snr needs to whore his boy about. Regardless of what we think it makes no football or business sense to banish Hagi and Cantwell to the B Team. Use them while they are being paid and they have the incentive of being in the shop window. It’s been really poorly managed. 

All these players failing at 10.

Granted all have their weaknesses but why are we persisting with this broken position. 

Is some of this due to the tactics?

cant hoof balls to someone in that position especially smaller technical players,  also can't pick someone that can't run - Press- Shoot or defend.

Again fucking up the  4 2 3 1 

11 minutes ago, CR3 said:

half-joked saying Hagi should have been playing in his place tonight, would he have been worse?

In this System most likely-

Hagi can't run, Press, defend from the front or get past the striker.

Can't take in high balls or carry the ball quickly. 

Needs Energy why players keep failing. 

Interesting watch is first 4 _ 5 games Clement came in. Lammers was decent in the role with the Inside forwards getting much closers, swapping sides, linking and passing. 

Just now, molesmole said:

In this System most likely

He'd probably have had a dig at goal at least. Off the back of an alright Euros and hat-trick in the B team. Lawrence tried to take a touch in the box, can't get much worse than that as a threat.

7 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Cantwell wise, he got made the scapegoat by Clement last season, twice in particular, pulling him off first half of the European game and again in the cup final shoving him about...tbh I can't really blame him for not wanting to play under Clement...as much as I think he's a primadonna

Hagi, contract wise nothing to do with them both agreed.

The issue with both is the public comments from Clement and sticking them both to the B team, Cantwell isn't even featuring now at all for them, we've massively weakened our hand in any deal going forward.

Shouldn’t have been taken off in cup final. He’s been a complete dick though. 

Can score goals, but they’re few and far between. Apart from that, he contributes nothing. The exact sort a player we can’t afford to play.

This is a transitional season, so I’d be happy to see a youth play in his position. If there’s nobody up and coming then this will only highlight that our youth setup is being mismanaged too.

I have no fucking idea what this useless cunt brings to the team.

Doesn't run, doesn’t tackle, doesn’t beat a man,  seldom finds himself  in a position to shoot, doesn’t track his man, doesn’t defend, doesn’t take set pieces, doesn’t cross the ball, doesn’t pass and move, doesn’t head the ball.

Offers fuck all.
Absolutely fuck all.

Type of player that we just need to release or something even if we’re still paying him so the manager doesn’t even have the option of playing him 

Much like Lundstram, he’d still be starting every game if he wasn’t punted. 

8 hours ago, CR3 said:

He'd probably have had a dig at goal at least. Off the back of an alright Euros and hat-trick in the B team. Lawrence tried to take a touch in the box, can't get much worse than that as a threat.

Agree would have let it come across his body and take a shot with his left foot.

But would have had to be in the box.

1 hour ago, GA1972 said:

Type of player that we just need to release or something even if we’re still paying him so the manager doesn’t even have the option of playing him 

Much like Lundstram, he’d still be starting every game if he wasn’t punted. 

If we had brought in an experienced midfielder I don't think he'd even be playing and Diomande would be further forward.

27 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

If we had brought in an experienced midfielder I don't think he'd even be playing and Diomande would be further forward.

Hopefully that is still the case going forward. 

2 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

With Clement I’m not sure tbh, there is no explanation for how much he loves this guy