***** The Official Rangers v Dynamo Kyiv UEFA Champions League Third Round Qualification Match Thread *****

13 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Jefte was being pulled every 5 minutes by the ref in that first half. When he got booked and he continued being pulled he should have been taken off.

It was a really really obvious substitution to make at half time 

Not true.

Also. Was his red card deserved? 

Was it fuck.

I get the reservations about our manager but fans blaming him for not subbing Jefte is beyond batshit crazy. 

The ref cunted it, not our manager.

Not absolving Clement from any blame but regarding the red? Atrocious decision. Can't believe so many of our fans are blaming our manager for the red :lol:

3 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

What? Thats what the guy was saying. I have no reason to think he is lying. All I know is that we saw Dani in preseason and he looked so fucking far off it it was ridiculous. Maybe he just doesnt rate him? Maybe he is being careful with him? I dont know, but thats not what the question was.

He said he wanted to buy him for Brugges, and even overlooking that he played him ahead of Dessers before he got the injury against Hearts so it’s not that.

13 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Jefte was being pulled every 5 minutes by the ref in that first half. When he got booked and he continued being pulled he should have been taken off.

It was a really really obvious substitution to make at half time 

Said that to my son standing in Hampden at HT. When we saw Cerny coming on we both went great and then saw he to the wrong wide man off. 

2 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

So why is he on the bench if he's not fit? 

I dont know if hes fit or not. I suspect nobody does.. I think it might have been tactical. Dessers might not be perfect, but he holds up the ball far better than Dani. Take note - I didnt say he holds is up well, just better.

1 minute ago, RS4_wul said:

Not true.

Also. Was his red card deserved? 

Was it fuck.

I get the reservations about our manager but fans blaming him for not subbing Jefte is beyond batshit crazy. 

The ref cunted it, not our manager.

Not absolving Clement from any blame but regarding the red? Atrocious decision. Can't believe so many of our fans are blaming our manager for the red :lol:

It is true. I’ve no idea what game you were watching if you didn’t notice the referee constantly speaking to Jefte in that first half. It was blatantly obvious he would end up getting a second yellow 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He said he wanted to buy him for Brugges, and even overlooking that he played him ahead of Dessers before he got the injury against Hearts so it’s not that.

Yea he did say that. But he hadnt seen him up close then. He has now. Maybe he has changed his mind? Fuck knows - it might not be any of the above.

i dunno if being injured for so long has skewed anyones memory of danilo but he was fuckin gash before his injury too, missed some amount of sitters and wasnt setting the heather on fire with his goal scoring feats, we got bumped senseless with him and dessers tbh

Just now, ExiledWeegie123 said:

i dunno if being injured for so long has skewed anyones memory of danilo but he was fuckin gash before his injury too, missed some amount of sitters and wasnt setting the heather on fire with his goal scoring feats, he got bumped snesless with him and dessers tbh

Thank fuck someone else remembers!!

35 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

There's a snobbery in our support that says we shouldn't look at scottish based players I think some of the talent in the league are better than what we've got.

Agree with you here & also see some of the teams routinely referred to as ‘jobbers’  etc by some on here will be licking their lips at the thought of playing & beating us this season. 

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It is true. I’ve no idea what game you were watching if you didn’t notice the referee constantly speaking to Jefte in that first half. It was blatantly obvious he would end up getting a second yellow 

Actually thought he was gonna do it just before ht 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Didn’t read after this but it’s utter nonsense.

This is Clement’s approach to the game anyway, it’s not a pragmatic choice based on the players he has available.

Get it forward quickly, play long if you need to, get it wide and cross into the box, pick up second balls and shoot.

We need more quality yes but the players we do have could play a better brand of football than what Clement is wanting to do unquestionably.

So you believe getting the ball forward faster to guys like Wright & Matondo whose first touch is horrendous or get it even faster forward to players as slow as Lawrence & Dessers shouldn't be a problem when trying to play better football?

What a horrendous opinion that is, these guys are lacking basic abilities if we are to try and play fast attacking football, Matondo and Wright have pace but they couldn't trap a ball with a bag of cement as Archie McPherson once said

We need better players, the list of players we have all being saying need punted is there and the majority are still playing, take yer head out the sand ffs, the majority of those players are fucking garbage not Rangers class, I saw some poor to average players playing for us in early 80s but I'd take a lot of them over the majority of the shite in our squad today

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Every 5 minutes you said. 

I was watching the Rangers v Kiev game.

He did give away 2 or 3 free kicks after being booked, I'll give you that. Not every foul is a yellow though or deserves to be sent off.

Did he "foul" his opponent for his second yellow? No, it was one of the cleanest challenges you'll ever see :lol:

Should our manager have to sub every player that commits fouls on a yellow? 

No.

Ref was an absolute cunt.

The red card probably did fuck us, as I think we might have scraped a one nil win. 

Thought Kyiv were a pretty poor team tbh, which doesn't say much for us. Few years back we would have beaten them with ease. The downward spiral that's been allowed to happen is a disgrace, from top to bottom. 

1 minute ago, Amokachi said:

Fkd it !!
Was a good thought at the time. 

Think most of us probably thought along similar lines.

Shame nobody appears to be able to string two good halves (never mind games) together!