Shambles from top to bottom

5 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Not convinced by Muscat at all. Think it’s a bit of a red flag that he did what he did in Japan, and it would have been noticed enough to give him another opportunity in Europe, and he opted to take a job in China instead.

He's currently on course to break goalscoring records at Shanghai, already broke the league record for wins in a row (18) and their last 5 league results read 5-1, 5-0, 8-1, 1-0, 7-2 - i'd take him in a heartbeat tbh. 

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/this-is-the-highest-scoring-team-the-world-has-seen-and-they-re-coached-by-an-aussie-20240810-p5k1b3.html

22 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I dont think McInnes accepts the job of we offered it. I dont know who does. If I were a manager with any stock, I wouldn't. We're a poisoned chalice.

Depends what you mean by any stock? If you mean a manager who has won things at a good level, then no, he might not take it. If you mean winning things at a decent level, then no, he might not take it. If you mean mooching about the Scottish league winning precious little then he’d take it in a heartbeat unless he’s a complete and utter shitebag with no ambition or confidence in himself.

5 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If you look back at when we had to cut costs and downsize after the Advocaat years, we went with Alex McLeish (who at that point had nothing more than a first division title on his managerial CV) because we needed that reliable, steady hand who could just take us back to basics and get us motoring again, and I do think that’s almost where we are now. 

In an ideal world, McInnes wouldn’t be for me, and I think it’s an appointment which would divide fans, but he’s done everything he can in Scottish Football when you mange outside of us or them, and history has a tendency to repeat itself. That’s why I think he would be a cheap and viable option to the board.

Mcleish inherited a treble potential squad that had spent 6mill for arteta to come in the summer

Mccinnes will get about 6p and a cueoy wurly to spend

3 minutes ago, left winger said:

Depends what you mean by any stock? If you mean a manager who has won things at a good level, then no, he might not take it. If you mean winning things at a decent level, then no, he might not take it. If you mean mooching about the Scottish league winning precious little then he’d take it in a heartbeat unless he’s a complete and utter shitebag with no ambition or confidence in himself.

Which is why he never took it first time 

4 minutes ago, left winger said:

Why leave a club where you can mooch about the Scottish League winning precious little, but you can be considered to be doing a good job and the fans like you, to move to a club where you can mooch about the Scottish League winning precious little, but its not considered to be a good job,  it's a basket case, and the atmosphere will be poisonous when the fans eventually turn because the board don't can't deliver on their ambition?

Need to protest Ibrox/auchenhowie in huge numbers. 

wont happen we will all just accept this pish and half of the support will still say Dessers is a good player.

we are fucked as a club. As good as a hibs and hearts now. 

10 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Mcleish inherited a treble potential squad that had spent 6mill for arteta to come in the summer

Mccinnes will get about 6p and a cueoy wurly to spend

He still had oversee and guide us through a period of significant cost cutting. Do you not remember the quality of player we sold and the quality of player that they were replaced with after he won the treble?

See bringing up my son (he's 15) through this shite bar 1 season,I feel so sorry especially for the youngsters ,this isn't The Rangers we were all brought up with,I actually think some of thr younger generation just expect shite which is fucking sad to see.We had a chance after 55 to kick on and absolutely fucked it.

10 hours ago, The Godfather said:

The Rangers we all grew up with (if your over 20) is a thousand miles away. It's not the same

This is the beginning of another dark period due to the total incompetence at boardroom level since 55. 

There is no cunt in the waiting with millions to bail us out either. 

Sickening 

For me it just feels like the continuation rather than the beginning of another dark period.

55 was special and the europa league run up until the final, but other than that from top to bottom it has been horrific.

The only exception in all of this is our unbelievable fanbase, the only people that continue to make you feel pride in all of this.

11 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

He still had oversee and guide us through a period of significant cost cutting. Do you not remember the quality of player we sold and the quality of player that they were replaced with after he won the treble?

No i do, but mcleish had 5 trophies in the bank before we cut a single penny from his budget, which allowed him a lot of leeway 

Mccinnes will never get that, purely down to the squad he'll inherit if he did come in

Fwiw i dont see clement walking, i think the contract extension he got was to basically write off this season and start his project properly next year, whatever he can achieve this season is bonus achievements

23 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

No i do, but mcleish had 5 trophies in the bank before we cut a single penny from his budget, which allowed him a lot of leeway 

Mccinnes will never get that, purely down to the squad he'll inherit if he did come in

Fwiw i dont see clement walking, i think the contract extension he got was to basically write off this season and start his project properly next year, whatever he can achieve this season is bonus achievements

His way football is dire, worse than any manager I can remember.

Honestly think he doesn't have a scooby how to set us up and players who have left just confirm it

43 minutes ago, Goofy The Scot said:

He's currently on course to break goalscoring records at Shanghai, already broke the league record for wins in a row (18) and their last 5 league results read 5-1, 5-0, 8-1, 1-0, 7-2 - i'd take him in a heartbeat tbh. 

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/this-is-the-highest-scoring-team-the-world-has-seen-and-they-re-coached-by-an-aussie-20240810-p5k1b3.html

Yeah, not saying it’s not impressive on paper, and I don’t want to sound dismissive, but you have to caveat it by saying it’s Chinese football, which isn’t a high level. I know the SPL isn’t a high level either, but managing us is a different ball game entirely to anything he will have faced or tackled as a manager over there.

He had a spell in Europe previously, at a small club, and lasted six months. Most managers have a flop or a sacking on their CV’s these days, but isn’t it quite telling that he rebuilt his reputation and then moved sideways, maybe even backwards, rather than coming back to Europe to try and crack it agin?

51 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Why leave a club where you can mooch about the Scottish League winning precious little, but you can be considered to be doing a good job and the fans like you, to move to a club where you can mooch about the Scottish League winning precious little, but its not considered to be a good job,  it's a basket case, and the atmosphere will be poisonous when the fans eventually turn because the board don't can't deliver on their ambition?

Ambition. To be a success. To be at the top of your profession. To get loads more money. To potentially get an even better club To be a hero to literally hundreds of thousands of people. To do what others couldn’t do.

But you already know all that.

1 minute ago, left winger said:

Ambition. To be a success. To be at the top of your profession. To get loads more money. To potentially get an even better club To be a hero to literally hundreds of thousands of people. To do what others couldn’t do.

But you already know all that.

And the only thing Rangers could offer him from that list as thing stand is to make more money. 

But you already know that.

Investment is a hard thing to find especially in the Scottish game and finding a board who are all committed 100% to make the club run as a proper club again will be difficult.

Don't want to blow smoke up the Tim's arse but they are ran like an English Premier League club, they have a good football trading model, Everything at the other side of the city looks professional and the players seem to improve under their manager. 

At Rangers it's genuinely ran like a play thing or a semi-pro team. We need changes from top to bottom and we need the fan base to not be so judgemental with it either.

I believe someone like Derek Mcinnes could come in with trusted companions from coaching level to management level to ex playing level and bring a better dynamic to the club. We need stripped to the bare bones. We need rid of tav, Lawrence and loads of other guys and we have to sell Butland and any of the players we have on our books except Connor Barron and a few others. Any money we generate from player sales or freed up wages goes towards top talent in our country and loans of young players who are hungry to do well.

We need to be iron fisted with contracts and stop handing out daft contracts that will bite us in the arse after so many appearances etc. Every player who is sold needs a bare minimum of a sell on clause especially if they player is young. Would even be sacking the fucking commentators and bring in fresh voices. Everyone at the club should have the same goals and vision and if they can't keep up with the change then leave and find another job.

36 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

And the only thing Rangers could offer him from that list as thing stand is to make more money. 

But you already know that.

That’s clearly not the case, but you crack on if it makes you feel better about things.

9 hours ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

If anyone thinks that once a chairman is gone the cunt leading the charge in the digout will be worth it is beyond me 

Shouldnt have sacked GVB - shouldve rooted out the shite in the board, and its the same now.

19 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Shouldnt have sacked GVB - shouldve rooted out the shite in the board, and its the same now.

Same complaints from the same folk back then about Gio.

"Boring style of play" and "he's clueless" were the main complaints. 

No one gave a fuck about a style of play until Postecoglu went to the scum. Rangers fans were jealous and are still 'style of play insecure'.

21 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Think we'll sell Butland 

Hopefully. Awful since March and he’s banging on about assurances at boardroom level :lol:

Another amateur hour decision because it seemed he was flavour of the month at the start of the season so the manager bangs on about him and he gets assurances from the board

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

No one gave a fuck about a style of play until Postecoglu went to the scum. Rangers fans were jealous and are still 'style of play insecure'.

Can only speak for myself but can remember wanting a "style of play" e.g a proper identifiable plan on the pitch as far back as when McCoist was serving up dreadful football against part timers. Would be surprised if I was the only one.

I've seen this idea that it's something people only care about since Postecoglu come up a few times but I don't think it's really true. 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Everyone spoke about how big the rebuild was going to be, once it starts it becomes different.

People continually ignore the fact Postecoglou got a load of cash to spend on his rebuild including two new strikers and two goal scoring wingers yet it was still the New Year before they actually hit form.

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Trust me I want Rangers to win wether it's 1 0 or 15 0. But see when you've won 7 of 19 and you're playing absolute dugshit football then people will start to complain about not seeing anything that gives hope.

Absolutely fuck all to do with Fenians or that fat prick