*****Official Rangers vs St Johnstone League Cup last 16 match thread*****

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

Wright and Lawrence haven't even made the squad which is odd considering there's not a lot of creativity on the bench if the game isn't going our way and we need to change things. 

He’s reacted  to the support for this one, wright and Lawerence out and Danilo starts after the phantom limp lol

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

I could be wrong but I can't think of a match under Clement where we've only had one sitting midfielder. 

The guy that does the analytics stuff on X has been posting about our players average positions this season and although it may seem we play with two sitters, it looks like the average is one sits and the other sits further forward.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

The guy that does the analytics stuff on X has been posting about our players average positions this season and although it may seem we play with two sitters, it looks like the average is one sits and the other sits further forward.

Still two sitters then.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

when dessers starts, i'm pretty sure we play with more than two sitters

Not sure we want to be 'resting' too many players the way we are just now and  the St Johnstone result last week . 

Still going for a tight 2-1 win though . 

Who's this Danillo character :lol:

10 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

20240817_163143.jpg

Positives:  No Lawrence or Wright.  Cerny and Sterling starting.  Hopefully Danilo starting means he's now closer to fully fit and take over from Dessers.

Negatives:  Dowell, Matondo and Tav starting.... I wish they'd just leave!  Still a reluctance from Clement to trust any of the youths even when they would be the better option, i.e. any youth midfielder rather than Dowell or Jefte at left wing and Fraser at left back rather than the waste of a jersey that is Matondo.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hopefully some daft bastards have made an offer for Lawrence and that’s why he’s out squad.

Probably due to the fact he’s utterly fucked after only a handful of games of the new season 

Just now, shaka said:

Positives:  No Lawrence or Wright.  Cerny and Sterling starting.  Hopefully Danilo starting means he's now closer to fully fit and take over from Dessers.

Negatives:  Dowell, Matondo and Tav starting.... I wish they'd just leave!  Still a reluctance from Clement to trust any of the youths even when they would be the better option, i.e. any youth midfielder rather than Dowell or Jefte at left wing and Fraser at left back rather than the waste of a jersey that is Matondo.

No cunt in their right mind will take Matondo off our hands 

3 minutes ago, Swagger said:

No cunt in their right mind will take Matondo off our hands 

We can only live in hope that someone watches a heavily edited YouTube video and buys him! 😂