Jim Gillespie, rumoured new CEO.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I'll post nothing else but my only thinking is this guy will be a complete and utter disaster. 

Can’t go any further down than we already are so just wait and see.

People go on about having not hit rock bottom yet. This is it. How anyone thinks you can go lower than no money for new signings and a season wrote off 4 games in is beyond me

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

We didn't exactly search far and wide for that, did we? :lol:

Personally, I wouldn't have been against Leeann Dempster. 

I hope he is good. He has a lot of work to do.

Think the board would have been too scared of here .

I think she would have been good as done well before .

13 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Guy is a CEO of a charity and has been an embarrassment as Vice Chairman at St Mirren. 

Going from getting young offenders jobs to heading a company with a turnover of £84m? All because he's mates with Bennett and "one of us". 

Bennett determined to bury us.

Know nothing about the guy but I’d have liked someone with experience of running a football club our size not 2nd in command at St Mirren, another cheap punt from the board that could potentially cost us millions.

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

I get it, everyone deserves a chance, but contacts on the board, friends with them etc. 

It does seem a bit jobs for the boys, and it's a gamble by a board already under fire.

Every appointment is a gamble, 

St Mirren are doing ok at the moment, 

I know Rangers are a world apart from St Mirren,  but we also need scottish business minded people to deal with the other arseholes in scottish football

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Know nothing about the guy but I’d have liked someone with experience of running a football club our size not 2nd in command at St Mirren, another cheap punt from the board that could potentially cost us millions.

Thing is I don't see him being a cheap punt either. Would have to quit his CEO role at the charity to take up our role. From what St Mirren fans are saying he ran alot of the club. 

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

This can’t be another CEO like Robertson/Bisgrove who has to run things by Park/Bennett before deciding.

They should be letting the CEO run the company.

Spot on. If this guy is as intimated a lifelong Rangers fan, then he'll know how much sh1t and pain, we the fans have been enduring. He'll also be fully aware of how Bennet and the rest of the Blazers on the Rangers Board have fooked things up with a plomb trying to manage this club. 

I would love to think his first answer to the interview panel, in demonstrating what his first actions would be if successful, would be to tell the rest of the useless baskets and hierarchy to stay the fOOK away from him and allow him to manage the club correctly.

27 minutes ago, Cooperson said:

Every appointment is a gamble, 

St Mirren are doing ok at the moment, 

I know Rangers are a world apart from St Mirren,  but we also need scottish business minded people to deal with the other arseholes in scottish football

While true, some gambles are more of a sure thing than others.