*****Official “we want our land back” lol vs Rangers match thread*****

1 hour ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Is this a serious post?

Yes i would have left propper out as he was a "new signing"

In reality i would like to line up the back 4 and shoot one of them.  

Its football. If someone asks you to play you do it. Clement is pish, so are all his signings. Lets wake up. We are mince atm

Would you have left out Cerny, Jefte and Barron as well? He's an experienced centre half that was captain of his previous club and he's been here a month now.

2 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Our defence isn't good enough to absorb pressure tbh. Also to play a counter attacking game we would need pace up front, which barring Matondo we don't. 

And whilst he has pace, he doesn't have much else. 

All sadly very true.

What really grinds my gears though is being out-worked all over the park.

I can take other teams having more expensive players or even better players than us ,but today we - collectively - never ran as fast for as far or as long, nor worked as hard on or off the ball as they did.

Beaton didn't like being criticized today. Booked Rae and Dessers for complaining. Only the captain can talk to a ref nowadays, but we haven't had any influence over officials for years. McGregor is constantly in their face.

Is it another negative of our captain? I suppose it is. We are far too soft.

Having watched that pile of shite today it was yet another error prone performance and still the basics are not demanded in passing short or long and yet again underlines why they lose possession and ultimately goals through the  lazy arse approach to those missing basics .

If the manager can't or won't address the slide then he has to go there is absolutely no excuse for a continually piss poor approach he's been here long enough and in the game long enough to know the slack arse  approach just isn't on for him that puts his job on the line he should be demanding they yield to his ideology to implement even a basic standard  in approach to basic technique and fitness .

It underpins everything any manager should be utilising to get them up to speed and functional as a basic unit.

Right now he's flattering to deceive as is that lazy arse approach from that squad of players with little or no analysis on their continual errors that gift goals because they aren't being forced to rectify the fuck ups that they alone cause .

8 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Who would have started in place of them?

Honestly? I wouldnt have been in that situation in the first place. My business would have been done and dusted early. 

Lets no kid on. Clement was on pennies and ready to walk. The board have mahbe trebled his wages and he now stands to lose more by leaving than staying.  

We are a basket case and every day proves it more and more. 

Hagi - bin

Jefte - bin

Alex Rae - bin 

The list goes on and on. Ive just watched us vs Leeds in 1992 again.  Ian Ferguson, Stuart McCall, these guys are still out there. We just choose not to scout them. 

3 minutes ago, BelfastWillie said:

Twice, a Rangers player assisted a scum player who had taken a mild knock. As if they didn't have their own teammates. Enough of this friendly-in-Australia shite. 

Same when Matondo went down, the only player who went over to him was Hatate, he even signalled to Hatate that he pulled something, and we still keep him on for another 20 minutes, then wonder why our injury list is wild.

1 minute ago, NixonRFC said:

Same when Matondo went down, the only player who went over to him was Hatate, he even signalled to Hatate that he pulled something, and we still keep him on for another 20 minutes, then wonder why our injury list is wild.

I think the person who most wanted Matondo to go off was Matondo, for more than one reason. Not the first time we've let a player play on with an injury. 

5 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Honestly? I wouldnt have been in that situation in the first place. My business would have been done and dusted early. 

Lets no kid on. Clement was on pennies and ready to walk. The board have mahbe trebled his wages and he now stands to lose more by leaving than staying.  

Hagi - bin

Jefte - bin

Alex Rae - bin 

The list goes on and on. Ive just watched us vs Leeds in 1992 again.  Ian Ferguson, Stuart McCall, these guys are still out there. We just choose not to scout them. 

He wasn't on pennies and we haven't trebled his wages. Absolutely nonsense. 

We can go on about tactics, shape etc all day and there were plenty of problems with that but if players aren't doing the basics like working hard and putting in a shift then the rest all crumbles to fuck.

All 3 of those goals could have easily been prevented today. Players just dropping men and not running. Absolute basics.

8 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Hagi - bin

Jefte - bin

Alex Rae - bin 

Tbh, if we can improve our recruitment as we go along, then Barron can be our modern day equivalent of players like Ferguson and McCall.

21 minutes ago, BelfastWillie said:

Twice, a Rangers player assisted a scum player who had taken a mild knock. As if they didn't have their own teammates. Enough of this friendly-in-Australia shite. 

Propper tried to drag one of them off the floor, don't think that was the same.

2 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

We can go on about tactics, shape etc all day and there were plenty of problems with that but if players aren't doing the basics like working hard and putting in a shift then the rest all crumbles to fuck.

All 3 of those goals could have easily been prevented today. Players just dropping men and not running. Absolute basics.

Agree mate, all week giving players instructions & advice on what’s expected of them and what they’d be facing.  

Don’t think we’re asking them for miracles, just do the basics first & foremost.  

Fed up seeing players not match their man’s run, put us on the back foot by not managing/controlling a simple pass, keep their position and lastly zero gamesmanship from any of them. 

Alarmed at the lack of personality & intelligence in the team.  

1 hour ago, Arrowtown Pie said:

All sadly very true.

What really grinds my gears though is being out-worked all over the park.

I can take other teams having more expensive players or even better players than us ,but today we - collectively - never ran as fast for as far or as long, nor worked as hard on or off the ball as they did.

Is easy to outwork a team with little pace in the front three. That lack of forward line pace means midfield have to work so much hard to supply the service. Cross that with having dodgy fullback(s) that midfielders need to cover for and any team will struggle. 

45 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Beaton didn't like being criticized today. Booked Rae and Dessers for complaining. Only the captain can talk to a ref nowadays, but we haven't had any influence over officials for years. McGregor is constantly in their face.

Is it another negative of our captain? I suppose it is. We are far too soft.

Tav does not do the influencing refs thing.

4 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Agree mate, all week giving players instructions & advice on what’s expected of them and what they’d be facing.  

Don’t think we’re asking them for miracles, just do the basics first & foremost.  

Fed up seeing players not match their man’s run, put us on the back foot by not managing/controlling a simple pass, keep their position and lastly zero gamesmanship from any of them. 

Alarmed at the lack of personality & intelligence in the team.  

It's just the basics.

I thought in the cup final we did those basics and were unlucky to lose even if we weren't spectacular.

Today though was straight back to the last game at parkhead when we had 45 minutes of players jogging about and twiddling their thumbs.

celtic played well but they fucking worked for it and we gave it away so easily.

33 minutes ago, BelfastWillie said:

They help us up occasionally so as to not pro one what little anger we have. We help them cause we are pansies.

1 minute ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

True. We should be able to go toe to toe on fitness tho. Don't think that is the case. 

We look very ponderous in midfield apart from Barron and two stiffs playing CB