Board Issues

the goal machine

I’m in favour of it. There is lots about King that has annoyed me over the years. His desire to be centre of attention, grandstanding etc. But he’s always stepped up when needed. I like that he’s recognised the issues of current poor governance and that investment is clearly needed. Our current board seem blind and incapable of seeing this. I also like that he’s been clear in seeing this as a limited period to sort these issues. That timeline makes it palatable for me. 

In an ideal world it would be a totally fresh board that comes in and takes us forward, however I think at present that is extremely unlikely given the mess the current board have made.

To give him his due I think Bennett had probably recognised that we would need new leadership but with the way we have been run and the losses we had incurred over the last 3/4 years we weren’t exactly an attractive proposition. Trouble is I think he went about trying to rectify it in completely the wrong way.

I have my reservations about King coming back, however if the alternative is us continuing to stumble along with the never ending cycle of fuck ups then I would be open to it.

I have a sneaky feeling that when King talks about introducing new investment he's leading a charge for this Fox character. It's no coincidence to me that their investment stories were ramped up recently.

I don't want capitalists anywhere near our club. They'd want a return and therefore we'd be most likely be streamlined or asset stripped in order to return a profit. We're already in danger of being left behind the orks and this would seal it (without being too dramatic :lol:)

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Without being to dramatic about this but see without fresh funding we are toast. King has said there is investor fatigue basically they are putting fuck all else in. If that is true how do we operate long term? Serious question. 

Self sufficiency. Basically what we've been aiming for over the past 3 years

5 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Self sufficiency. Basically what we've been aiming for over the past 3 years

And what we have been doing over the past 3 years. Only running on King's then Bennetts £10m loam as an overdraft facility. Thing that's been suffocating us is poor squad management and a wage bill that's 3/4 of our turnover.

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

So what's the plan for long term success? Or have we just to pay up and shut up. 

We are downsizing in all areas. Our long term success plan is simply to hope they make a cunt of it and we have another 55 moment. 

The gimps in charge have us in turmoil again