Ryan Kent - Would you have him back?

Ace

For all the ability he had, he got away with absolute murder with some of our support on how little he actually contributed. Sima was the proof that you can have a guy who plays wide left and can get you 15 goals a season. Not 3 or 4 like he did. And I was so buzzing when we got him permanently, but for the money and expectation, a total waste. Messed about his last season, didn't give a fuck and within a year and a half, some would happily just forget all that because he slapped Scott Brown 

I’d suspect for the same reason jota didn’t rejoin the taigs the tax implications would scupper this before anything else. Hes clearly had a massive pay off that hmrc would want their cut. 

Not going to lie a bit torn on this one...

On one hand, he was an inconsistent player who failed to deliver regularly and somehow managed to downtools in his last season or so and get even worse.

And on the other, he could have respected the loyalty we showed him by paying a large fee and giving him a long well paid deal..  for by not walking out on us for absolute nothing.

At least Davis and mcgregor produced on a regular basis 1st time round before they left under a cloud and rejoined.

Also I lied. Not torn at all, no thank you to signing him. I wish him well and he had some good moments, but ultimately didn't reach the heights he should have.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

In a fucking heartbeat

No! You are wrong we cannot have a crazed man with gun fingers in our team, as it will be detrimental to another team and their terrified masses and their wee toadays in the press, that were traumatised by his threatening celebrations.

Never heard how the counselling for the traumatised went last time tho..

I can understand the temptation but still a no from me. 

At the end of the day he wasn’t good enough, if we’re rebuilding we need to do it properly, not to back to signing somebody on high wages who is a step back and still won’t be good enough. People saying sign him on a short term deal until the end of the season, would him and his agent ever agree to that? On wages that make sense?

I would rather wait it out until January and sign another winger on loan if Cortes is still not reliable. 

16 minutes ago, Bigeasy said:

Put it this way, have we been better or worse since he left? The answer is clearly worse, a lot worse. We should never have let him go.

By that logic we have also been worse as a team since Jack Simpson left and should never have let him go.

That team with Kent and Morelos in it was absolutely finished. No pointing signing players we know we aren't good enough to fix other players who aren't good/available enough. Strive to succeed, not fail less

7 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He wasn’t “a disgrace” in his last season - he had a shit game against the fenians when injured and it’s stuck in everyone’s mind.

We played some of the best football we have in a long long time in away wins against Hearts and Hibs in ‘his last 6 months’ that he was one of our best players in. Hibs away in particular he was unplayable.

It rarely works going back so hope he gets a decent move somewhere else

Come on you're not using 2 games in 6 months as a benchmark to signing him again