Philippe Clement views amongst the support post-Kilmarnock

crmpicco

Philippe Clement  

276 members have voted

1. 1. What do we do?

• Keep him
    • Sack him

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 22/10/24 at 21:05

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

Gio over achieved getting us into the CL, while it's what we all wanted and the club badly needed, we were in no way prepared to play against that level of opposition, and it just meant we were whipping boys for six nights, that has to demoralise you as a player, if we had a good showing against PSV and narrowly lost out in that Play-Off by the odd goal, we could've probably had a decent Europa Campaign and that feel good factor would've likely carried on into the League, but we just couldn't get any kind of momentum at all because the UCL games came thick and fast due to the World Cup being played in November, so we never had any genuine opportunity to build any decent form.

Spot on👍

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

Gio over achieved getting us into the CL, while it's what we all wanted and the club badly needed, we were in no way prepared to play against that level of opposition, and it just meant we were whipping boys for six nights, that has to demoralise you as a player, if we had a good showing against PSV and narrowly lost out in that Play-Off by the odd goal, we could've probably had a decent Europa Campaign and that feel good factor would've likely carried on into the League, but we just couldn't get any kind of momentum at all because the UCL games came thick and fast due to the World Cup being played in November, so we never had any genuine opportunity to build any decent form.

Don’t think you can say he overachieved tbh, we were just in the EL final, and only lost out on penalties, we absolutely belonged there.

Him not being given any money after making it there, and then players chucking it, and bad luck with injuries, plus his own mistakes absolutely fucked us.

2 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

The money Clement’s been given would buy a bench warmer for an average EPL team, celtic spent 11 million on one player and 6 million on another who only plays when another is injured. 
I’m not arguing that we’ve been shite, I just don’t see the point in sacking him when he’s had to deal with losing the players he has and not been given anywhere enough funds to replace them never mind making us stronger.

The players Clement has bought bar arguably Jefte, wouldn’t make the tarriers match day squad.

I‘ve no idea why people try justify by holding up the tarriers buying a player for 11 million. Our fans need to get real, we aren’t in competition with them at moment, we’re in competition with rest of SPL teams for the crumbs.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Don’t think you can say he overachieved tbh, we were just in the EL final, and only lost out on penalties, we absolutely belonged there.

Him not being given any money after making it there, and then players chucking it, and bad luck with injuries, plus his own mistakes absolutely fucked us.

The squad we had was nowhere near good enough for the UCL, that's what I meant by overachieving.

33 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

What’s this?

Interested to know how Graeme Souness a Liverpool fan has managed to haunt us 

If you think we are in s better place, without his experience, contacts and charisma, so be it.

59 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

This is spot on, people forget we were fucked by injuries during that CL campaign.

11 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Gio I feel was slightly different . He fucked the league post winter break in his first season but actually finished the season strongly with a run to a European final , beating celtic at Hampden and then going on to win the Scottish cup. Was ultimately too little to late to salvage the title though and we also put in a really good performance at parkhead post split and in second half probably deserved to win the game and were a sakala shot off the post from doing so and probably take the title to the final day if that happens

The following season we started off fairly consistent but not overly inspiring bar a draw at Easter road where collum made a total cunt of sending Lundstrum off and qualified for the champions league. It was the parkhead 4-0 and the manner of it that completely derailed that season , didn't even have time to recover or regroup from it before another tanking was on the cards in the champjons league every other fortnight. Paired with injuries and his tactics then became even more cautious and predictable as the run went on confidence was in total tatters

It's poor that we never backed Gio with money to improve the squad the way we did with Beale. I'm sure we would be sitting in a much better position right now.

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Yeah, but we need to include Gio in the chucking it bit.

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

1 hour ago, Amato said:

It's poor that we never backed Gio with money to improve the squad the way we did with Beale. I'm sure we would be sitting in a much better position right now.

Why do people continue to make out like we didn't spend money that summer? 

That window was the start of the shit show we currently find ourselves in and you could argue that it was even worse than the following year under that cunt Beale. 

Davies, Ridvan, Matondo and Colak cost us something close to 15 million. Souttar and Lawrence were frees but Lawrence will be on a decent wage plus the deal to bring in Tillman on loan. The first 3 having given us fuck all in return, and Lawrence and Souttar are squad players at best and nowhere near good enough at worst. 

As much as I hate him, at least Dessers has scored us some goals. We got our money back for Lammers and Butland and Sterling are ok. Danilo has been a disaster and so was Cifuentes. 

Neither window was anywhere good enough but to say Gio wasn't backed just isn't true. Whether he got the players he wanted or whether he was backed enough after the finances we'd brought in that summer is another story. 

We have pisses away so much money between transfer fees, wages and pay offs is fucking criminal to see what we've got in return. A clueless manager and a squad we all very much dislike with barely a sellable asset to be seen. 

5 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

The money Clement’s been given would buy a bench warmer for an average EPL team, celtic spent 11 million on one player and 6 million on another who only plays when another is injured. 
I’m not arguing that we’ve been shite, I just don’t see the point in sacking him when he’s had to deal with losing the players he has and not been given anywhere enough funds to replace them never mind making us stronger.

So it's unfair to compare against how Aberdeen are doing with their new manager/ rebuild, but OK to compare with budgets and transfers at Celtic and the EPL?:confused:

The ire is largely off the back of domestic results not the EL ones. Can we compare how much managers at Hearts, Killie and probably very soon the sheep have to spend compared to us? Does the "not enough funds" include enough to beat some of the shit in our league?

3 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Can’t believe there’s people still backing Clement ffs, we’ve dropped 8 points in 8 games and are expecting a scudding from fucking Aberdeen, how bad does it need to get? 

There will sadly be those among us who will say "win every game we win the league" I mean cmon. There is clearly no belief within the players so I can't see how there is any in our support.

While we have a terrible right back and 2 poor central defenders and a goal keeper who imo is vastly over rated then we will struggle to win games, especially those tight games that require good tracking or a good defensive block or a save at a crucial time. Too many times I've seen questionable goals being conceded amd I'm left scratching my head at Butland.

5 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Why do people continue to make out like we didn't spend money that summer? 

That window was the start of the shit show we currently find ourselves in and you could argue that it was even worse than the following year under that cunt Beale. 

Davies, Ridvan, Matondo and Colak cost us something close to 15 million. Souttar and Lawrence were frees but Lawrence will be on a decent wage plus the deal to bring in Tillman on loan. The first 3 having given us fuck all in return, and Lawrence and Souttar are squad players at best and nowhere near good enough at worst. 

As much as I hate him, at least Dessers has scored us some goals. We got our money back for Lammers and Butland and Sterling are ok. Danilo has been a disaster and so was Cifuentes. 

Neither window was anywhere good enough but to say Gio wasn't backed just isn't true. Whether he got the players he wanted or whether he was backed enough after the finances we'd brought in that summer is another story. 

We have pisses away so much money between transfer fees, wages and pay offs is fucking criminal to see what we've got in return. A clueless manager and a squad we all very much dislike with barely a sellable asset to be seen. 

We made the Champions League, brought in millions and he got no more money to spend, I never said he wasn’t backed, he was. The money was just given to Wilson to spunk away on shite.

2 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Whether he got the players he wanted or whether he was backed enough after the finances we'd brought in that summer is another story. 

This is the thing I've always wondered with gio did he really get the players he wanted. 

At one point we were being linked with guys like Doekhi and Xavi simons. 

He got ridvan and davies as his big money deals. 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We made the Champions League, brought in millions and he got no more money to spend, I never said he wasn’t backed, he was. The money was just given to Wilson to spunk away on shite.

Yeah you're right. I think we all expected a signing or two after we made it past PSV, Gio included. 

Clement hasn't had it easy, don't think anyone can deny that.

But even though its only 8 games in, we should definitely not be almost on par in the league with Dundee United, a team who were in the Championship last season.

He probably has time as I don't reckon he gets the sack anytime soon, but unless he turns things around quickly, we could be watching a two horse race for the title this season, except we won't be one of them.