Philippe Clement views amongst the support post-Kilmarnock

Philippe Clement  

177 members have voted

1. 1. What do we do?

• Keep him
    • Sack him

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 22/10/24 at 21:05

Assuming we can afford to sack him - we should.

Have seen people say “but who do we get to replace him”. Regardless of the answer to that question, this isn’t working with Clement - it’s going to cause more and more damage by keeping him longer term. It’s insane to keep him - the fans have turned - there is no way back when this happens. 

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

No we aren’t :lol:

They’re halfway down the league, spending hundreds of millions and their stadium is falling apart. There’s comparisons to be made but when you put it into context they’re in a much worse position than us.

Us winning our league again is nowhere near as far away as them doing it

They have an executive board in place with clear direction, constant investment, a youth academy that works, they haven't been homeless for a period of time.

They've got a manager issue that they tried to sort in the summer and didn't. They aren't in a 2 horse race league and coming 3rd.

We are a train wreck compared to them.

I voted keep him solely for the reason that I think it's really detrimental to keep sacking managers mid-season.

We don't have the funds to a) pay him and his staff off; and b) fund another rebuild for the new manager who wants his own players.

Plus, unless we're going for someone who's sitting around out of a job (which would indicate he has been sacked from a previous job) then we'd need to pay off his current club.

I don't know what Clement is doing continuing to play Tav when there's a really good replacement in Kasanwirjo. It's that kind of decision which is troubling me but I think we'd be even worse off sacking him right now.

I can only, naively, hope this is our bad spell and he can turn it around. But I appreciate that seems like fairytale stuff.

26 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

What’s the opinion on FF? Usually if they turn on there it’s a fair indication of where the support is as a whole 

They did a poll and 80% want him gone, and it seems pretty unanimous going by posts (other than one or two utter roasters) as well.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They have an executive board in place with clear direction, constant investment, a youth academy that works, they haven't been homeless for a period of time.

They've got a manager issue that they tried to sort in the summer and didn't. They aren't in a 2 horse race league and coming 3rd.

We are a train wreck compared to them.

Ours is a much quicker fix than theirs. We are in a hell of a mess but ours gets resolved much quicker 

Its Man Utd we are talking about here. A club that is built on winning silverware. You’re mentioning shite there that would make them seem ok if they were West Ham 

6 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

We've sent out feelers to Roy Keane and I'm not even joking :lol::headwall:

Wouldn't even surprise me at this point. The board have zero clue what the fuck they're doing.

Badly let down by the mess that is the board above.

McInnes rejected us previously when we thought the board was in a state - in an amazing turn of events, the board was in better shape than it is now.

I would like to see Clement here, with the right structure and network around him. I would sooner see the board be overhauled than the manager be sacked yet again.

Yesterday was the turning point for me too. 

I accept dropped points before a season even gets underway, but that yesterday after the Saville's dropped points on Saturday is just unforgivable. He does not get it at all. 

The board are still the cancer though. With them in charge there'll be no change, regardless of who's manager. 

18 minutes ago, BigDak said:

I voted keep him solely for the reason that I think it's really detrimental to keep sacking managers mid-season.

We don't have the funds to a) pay him and his staff off; and b) fund another rebuild for the new manager who wants his own players.

Plus, unless we're going for someone who's sitting around out of a job (which would indicate he has been sacked from a previous job) then we'd need to pay off his current club.

I don't know what Clement is doing continuing to play Tav when there's a really good replacement in Kasanwirjo. It's that kind of decision which is troubling me but I think we'd be even worse off sacking him right now.

I can only, naively, hope this is our bad spell and he can turn it around. But I appreciate that seems like fairytale stuff.

I agree with a lot of that but we again find ourselves in the position where the patient continues to deteriorate and we delay any decisive action until it’s too late.

Having backed him until now, I think he’s done all he can. He was dealt a shit hand in the January window (“no money to spend”), a different story from what he was told when joining a few months earlier and the transfer carnage of this summer was just too much to ask in such limited time, again with pennies to spend.

As we are supposedly seeking new CEO and DOF, there is no way he will be sacked before one or both are in place. To act before our new ‘leaders’ are in place would be mismanagement that even our board wouldn’t consider.

The priority has to be to get hard nosed men of substance, presence and authority on board ASAP, men who will tackle this decisively.

He needs to go now, once the fans turn it’s rare the manager wins them over again.

but this board need to go too as they have taking us as far as they can!

this will get worse before it gets better.

and for who replaces Phil for me there is no outstanding candidate and I don’t trust this board to finally appoint the right manager.

How many attempts do they need to get it right?

2 hours ago, Swagger said:

I see Clement as a clown now and he’ll not take us forward 

Problem is whoever were to come in might get a bit of a bounce out of this lot but at the end of the day we are lumbered with poor, heartless, uninterested shite. 
It’ll take a long time to turn this around 

Mate most of them are new.

We could play a just arrived 11, they shouldn't be jaded or poor mentally form previous campaigns. 

I genuinely believe there are managers even in the Spl that get a tune out of this squad.

There are a few good players and a few decent ones...also a good few under 25 that can improve with the right appointment. 

Good thing about football managers is the majority have an ego of I can fix something he couldn’t. 

Muscat would jump at the chance to say told you it should’ve been me from the beginning. He’d take it no problem and to be honest it seems like our only option. 

In order for the “trading model” to actually work, you need players racking up goals, assists, and trophies. It’s the reason why O’Riley went for what he did. 2 solid seasons, multiple trophies and goals every week all because he was playing in a team who attack every opponent they play. We need that identity otherwise it’s more of the same

Right now, with our squad what it is, we need a manager that can get the absolute best possible outcomes out of limited players. 

McInnes has been doing that pretty much his whole career.

It's not what I would have said a year ago but I think he is exactly what we need right now.

31 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Badly let down by the mess that is the board above.

McInnes rejected us previously when we thought the board was in a state - in an amazing turn of events, the board was in better shape than it is now.

I would like to see Clement here, with the right structure and network around him. I would sooner see the board be overhauled than the manager be sacked yet again.

I thought that before but hard not to compare to aberdeen. Playing much better than us with a much smaller budget.

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Right now, with our squad what it is, we need a manager that can get the absolute best possible outcomes out of limited players. 

McInnes has been doing that pretty much his whole career.

It's not what I would have said a year ago but I think he is exactly what we need right now.

Our squad should and can do better than current levels.

Football is turgid with a lack of style/identity