***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Thread***

Muff

They players also need to get the support going. This constant pish we are watching is awful, watching players take 30 odd minutes to get into a game is no use, the constant poor performances and dropped points. Yes we have our job to do but at times we need something to lift us. It's like watching amateur football at times.

Doesn't also help when some don't know what songs to sing and what's going on at the club.

Fuck it, I'd start belting out every song possible - it's still ok for celtc to do it.

(tu) absolutely

I think that was the difference in the last 2 games, Fleck and Naismith looked so hungry to be there, they started very brightly, and, seems we need that, and, also need the rest to keep up. I still think the biggest miss is Thomson, theres something to be said for crunching into someone early doors, and, he was good at that. We have no bite without him

A cruching tackle in the first few minutes can set the tone and it certainly gets the players and crowd up for it. Sadly we don't have anyone bar Broadfoot, Adam, Whittaker and Mendes occassionally. I'm fed up on Ferguson pulling out or going in like a girl, fcuking through it.

Also it helps a lot when you have the likes of Naismith, Aaron, Fleck on.

We're not asking for world beaters, players to do tricks and flicks every minute but if we gave these players a chance, got the ball on the deck and played the football we are capable of, then it would be totally different. It's just ashame the management and players dont realise this at times. They are more worried about what the opposition are doing than setting up a side that's going to make the opposition worry about us.

Thats another thing, this season, like at Dundee Utd, when we play the ball on the deck, we look, to b fair, pretty damn good! Quick crisp passing, we slice through teams, but, it seems we only see that in glimpses

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depresses me how rampant the 4-4-2 still is in British football. It died on the continent back in 2000 and became extinct by 2003. Oh how i long for the day the majority see the light and the 4-5-1/4-2-3-1 becomes the norm.

I've always admired the dutch 4-3-3 and not the British bastardised 4-5-1 where folk say 'Its a 3 when attacking'. No its not.

The Dutch have their 3 always in the other half.

I had a dream last night that we beat Aberdeen 3-0, can't see it happening but I'd love it if we did. The worst thing is that in the same dream I also broke my laptop, so if it comes true then unfortunately I wont be able to log in to say "I told you so".

Walter Smith has already said how wary he is of Aberdeen so I think Adam or McCulloch will be brought back in to offer absolutely fcuk all even although Wally will think different. Good that Papac is available, going to Pittodrie with Steven Whittaker in the team would be a disaster.

McGregor

Broadfoot Weir Bougherra Papac

Davis Mendes

Fleck

Novo Velicka Naismith

Wally's team:

McGregor

Davis Ferguson Mendes McCulloch

Boyd Miller

Any one of these teams should be,and will be good enough to beat Aberdeen tomorrow. 3-1 Gers. (tu)

I'm feeling rather confident about this game for some reason, 3-0 win Ferguson Mendes and Boyd to score.

Hope we don't get any dodgy decisions go against us up here again, if we had a decent linesman last time then we would be going into this as the team top of the league :pipe:

I'm feeling rather confident about this game for some reason, 3-0 win Ferguson Mendes and Boyd to score.

Hope we don't get any dodgy decisions go against us up here again, if we had a decent linesman last time then we would be going into this as the team top of the league :pipe:

Im with you with the confidence mate but i see a 2-1 us

If anyone wants Ferguson then it should be a no brainer as to which player goes. Bougherra is generally solid defensively, McGregor still makes good saves and Boyd scores goals. What does Ferguson offer these days?
A very good point. (tu)

Walter Smith has already said how wary he is of Aberdeen so I think Adam or McCulloch will be brought back in to offer absolutely fcuk all even although Wally will think different. Good that Papac is available, going to Pittodrie with Steven Whittaker in the team would be a disaster.

McGregor

Davis Mendes

Fleck

Novo Velicka Naismith

Wally's team:

McGregor

Davis Ferguson Mendes McCulloch

Boyd Miller

My team:-

McGregor

Broadfoot Bougherra Weir Papac

Davis Mendes Fleck

Novo Boyd Naismith/Aaron

...with Naismith/Aaron dropping off to LM as & when necessary

Walter's team:

McGregor

Broadfoot Bougherra Weir Papac

Davis Mendes Ferguson Adam/Lafferty

Miller Boyd

One thing's for sure... Only 3 points are good enough!

Would love to see us giving them a tanking. :cheers:

McGregor

Broadfoot Weir Bougherra Whittaker

Davis Mendes

Fleck

Novo Velicka Naismith

Are yous mad

Whittaker will never get a game infront of papac because he never has started in front of him so why would smith change that now

Yous know Ferguson will start, Velicka is the forgotting man so why would he start in front of boyd Novo or even Naismith.

It will Be Mcgregor,Broadfoot,Bougherra,Weir,Papac

Davis, Mendes,Ferguson,Fleck

Novo Boyd

McGregor

Broadfoot Weir Bougherra Whittaker

Davis Mendes

Fleck

Novo Velicka Naismith

Are yous mad

Whittaker will never get a game infront of papac because he never has started in front of him so why would smith change that now

Yous know Ferguson will start, Velicka is the forgotting man so why would he start in front of boyd Novo or even Naismith.

It will Be Mcgregor,Broadfoot,Bougherra,Weir,Papac

Davis, Mendes,Ferguson,Fleck

Novo Boyd

ppl were only puttin whittaker in cus they thought papac was suspended but then rangers won there appeal against the red card lol

I don't care how we win but as long as we do then I'm happy :cheers:

Come On The Rangers.

Agreed. Just hope Adam or McCulloch are not playing. stick with Fleck, Naismith, Aaron or even Beasley.

Glad I came in to check the game time, I thought it was later. :cheers:

We better win today, I need it to improve my mood as I slept in and missed Saturday Kitchen.

Saving grace is its being recorded but its ruined my whole day, I'm the most annoyed and raging I've been all week.

Rumour is McCulloch will play in a 4-5-1 and Boyd is on the bench.

I wouldnt mind playing 4-5-1 and leaving Boyd on the bench...but McCulloch? Christ almighty Walter !!!!!! :anguish:

If we are playing McCulloch then.....well......:anguish:

In a 4-5-1 Fleck should be playing centrally off of Miller with a natural winger playing on the left.

That might happenv(obviously with McCulloch playing wide) but I suspect that Fleck will be asked to play out of position on the left, while McCulloch plays centrally to add some "muscle" to the midfield.

More of the rumour is that Fleck will not start and Novo will be on the right.

Sorry if it turns out to be BS! :D

So possibly...

---------------McGregor-----------

--Broadfoot-Weir-Bougherra-Papac-

-----Davis--Mendes--Ferguson----

---Novo-------McCulloch---Miller----

???