Billy King - Welcome to The Rangers

eskbankloyal

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Turn the tables and imagine if it was us in their shoes.

It's not as if they're wanting £3-4m for him :lol: 

Where does it end? When do we say no we won't pay what you want because we don't think that figure is value?

Who decides what value a player is? Fans or the manager and head of recruitment?

54 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

In 2 and a half years since 2012, on one player. MW has been here 6/7 months. :lol:

Warchest, spfl players etc etc :lol:

I dont really care tbh, would have preferred an actual signing other than a loan but still couple days to go, hopefully we do get o'halleron though, i think he'd suot our system no bother

The new leeds boy i didnt care about, the clamour for a defensive mid has me laughing as i dont think we need one

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Turn the tables and imagine if it was us in their shoes.

It's not as if they're wanting £3-4m for him :lol: 

Does it matter how much they want, we pay what we think he is worth not what they think. It is Rangers that should be getting a good deal, not St Johnstone.

24 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Do you not think signing the boy with the most combined goals and assists in this league last year is more likely to get us out of it?

Not disagreeing the boy is talented, just find it wholly disappointing that the soundbites from the club has been about "over investing" "quality for next season" yet we've seemingly missed out on main targets and opted for short term signings.

Had this been a loan- permanent deal, then it has huge merit, but it appears not the case 

4 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Past performance is not a guide to future performance.  Don't forget he will have to learn the tactics and players style and prove his worth in training and then probably from the bench and just when he's done that he's off back to Hearts.  Why send Walsh out on loan if we are just developing a Hearts player? 

WIT? So what should we sign a player based on, if not their performances? :blink: 

Billy King is a far better player than Tom Walsh, sadly.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Warchest, spfl players etc etc :lol:

I dont really care tbh, would have preferred an actual signing other than a loan but still couple days to go, hopefully we do get o'halleron though, i think he'd suot our system no bother

The new leeds boy i didnt care about, the clamour for a defensive mid has me laughing as i dont think we need one

Warburton obviously does though given that he had Eustace in for that role then when that fell through tried to sign Diagouraga.

Just now, ClydebankBearWATP said:

Wonder if this sweetens any possible deal we may try and do for sow if we are helping develop the boy for 6 month. Imy sure MW will be asked why he's brought him in on loan after his previous comments

He will probably say he has good pitch geography.

2 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Where does it end? When do we say no we won't pay what you want because we don't think that figure is value?

Who decides what value a player is? Fans or the manager and head of recruitment?

Imagine if a team from the English Championship came in for Waghorn on the last day of the window and offered £500k for him.

There'd be uproar on here.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Because Walsh probably won't make it and isn't nearly as good as some think? IMO mate 

That's the word " probably " we don't know for sure who will make it and who wont.Unless any player gets significant game time we don't know for sure  who will and who wont.

This is definitely a MW kind of signing and even though he has only been with us a few months, he's gained my trust on the signing front in that short time.  It will not be a 'sexy' signing for a lot of our fans, there is no bragging rights with it, but it will be an effective signing if he helps us win the league.  Loan deal is a bit strange if there is no option to buy at end of it.  However, it gives us a relatively risk-free opportunity to assess his worth and, if the boy goes on to shine,  gives us a foot in the door when his contract is up (whenever that may be).

Take a breath everybody. 

Its pretty clear Mr Warburton's plan hasn't panned out for this window maybe an eye opener for him. So instead of throwing money away on players he doesn't fancy he brings in a talented young player on loan and gets on with the job. 

We do rememebr the days of Bain when it was panic buy for any price we don't want back to those days. 

Of course of it turns out the board have shafted the manager in this window then they should be chased down Edmiston Drive. 

3 minutes ago, ClydebankBearWATP said:

I would take a last minute deal for crooks right now and be happy with January business

I agree, even if it isn't Crooks, just a holding mid and I would be happy. It is possible though, I'm sure AS signed a defensive mid yesterday.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Surely you can see the similarities then?

If this hypothetical team value Waghorn at £500k and we obviously value him higher then aye. If this hypothetical team wants to offer over their valuation that is their prerogative. Doesn't mean that is how Rangers should do business.

Unless you're making another point I've missed...

6 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Does it matter how much they want, we pay what we think he is worth not what they think. It is Rangers that should be getting a good deal, not St Johnstone.

Tbh if this is the case then we can forget about signing real quality players from down south or in Europe who are still on a fair contract.