Joey sent home

scottjf82

4 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Haw Plum, why are you turning on poor joey? Thought you were one of his apologists with yer pal TLT.

When did i turn on Joey?

Ps bobby died for nothing.

In saying that.....it would be a toss up to see what had the most shite on it....Joeys twitter wall or bobbys cell wall.

Poor bobby will be turning in his pencil case.

49 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I feel for the guy, he's being character assassinated on social media for defending himself  in a story that had been leaked.  Whoever leaked the story is responsible for this latest dig at one of our team members.

I think we are very much in the minority on this thread, but I agree it was who leaked the story that is to blame for Barton turning to what he apparently uses on a daily basis (I am not on twitter) to defend the stories that he had punched either other players or MW. Now if it turns out that he has then I will hold up my hands and say I got it wrong, but unless someone can prove that I think he is getting a hard time at the moment.

We need to remind ourselves that it was MW who signed Barton and both he and Frank McParland must have known what they were getting.

This is a clusterfuck and it is adding to my concerns about MW, I hope I am wrong because he seems a really nice bloke and will be hoping for a convincing win tomorrow but alarm bells are ringing in the distance, I hope they go away and we get back to winning ways.

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think we are very much in the minority on this thread, but I agree it was who leaked the story that is to blame for Barton turning to what he apparently uses on a daily basis (I am not on twitter) to defend the stories that he had punched either other players or MW. Now if it turns out that he has then I will hold up my hands and say I got it wrong, but unless someone can prove that I think he is getting a hard time at the moment.

We need to remind ourselves that it was MW who signed Barton and both he and Frank McParland must have known what they were getting.

This is a clusterfuck and it is adding to my concerns about MW, I hope I am wrong because he seems a really nice bloke and will be hoping for a convincing win tomorrow but alarm bells are ringing in the distance, I hope they go away and we get back to winning ways.

Agreed. I will hold up my hands up and say I got it wrong too if he's punched someone but I believe he is getting an hard time also. if anything it says more about the management why ask players for opinions on what's going wrong, the manager should have they experience to know what needs to be done.

Story is JB & Halliday were having a go at each other & MW stepped in to calm it down & Barton turned on him & started shouting at MW, at that point DW stepped in pulled Barton up & nearly got into a boxing match with each other.

At this pointJB was told enough was enough and go home.

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Agreed. I will hold up my hands up and say I got it wrong too if he's punched someone but I believe he is getting an hard time also. if anything it says more about the management why ask players for opinions on what's going wrong, the manager should have they experience to know what needs to be done.

(tu)

If what we read is true they tried to discuss it on Monday and it did not go well so they left it for another day and we now know the outcome of that doh 

If it was not so serious (in terms of bad publicity and who knows what else if it is not resolved on Monday) it would make you :lol: 

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

(tu)

If what we read is true they tried to discuss it on Monday and it did not go well so they left it for another day and we now know the outcome of that doh 

If it was not so serious (in terms of bad publicity and who knows what else if it is not resolved on Monday) it would make you :lol: 

yep. I don't think MW should have sent him home, maybe give 24 hrs to cool down and then sort the disagreement.  I don't think MW gets how important old firm games are, Barton seems to have taken the time to find out through team mates. I really hope MW gets his mojo back.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

yep. I don't think MW should have sent him home, maybe give 24 hrs to cool down and then sort the disagreement.  I don't think MW gets how important old firm games are, Barton seems to have taken the time to find out through team mates. I really hope MW gets his mojo back.

I am hoping to see a good performance tomorrow and if we play and win well then hopefully Monday will sort itself out as well.    (tu)

12 minutes ago, Ace said:

Story is JB & Halliday were having a go at each other & MW stepped in to calm it down & Barton turned on him & started shouting at MW, at that point DW stepped in pulled Barton up & nearly got into a boxing match with each other.

I'm sure there will be lots of stories why should we believe your one. ?

I honestly think this has just blown out of proportion. It sounds like just a usual heated disagreement on the training field between two players that care. Nothing more nothing less. I think as someone else said on here just to give them both the 24hrs to cool off and then get back on with it.  also didn't think anything Joey said on the radio was bad either. 

11 minutes ago, Ace said:

Seems fair enough.

Years ago it would have been a rumor, now it's on everyone's news feed as fact.

I'm far happier with this passion about the club than not.

Why is this such a big deal? He just sounds like he wants to win, they should all be fighting with each other over that utterly embarrassing display. They should all be ashamed of themselves. 

He should not be suspended either, stop treating him like a child. Get on with it for fuck sake.

27 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I'm with you on this one.