Jordan rossiter

GOAT

8 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I think you'd be surprised, he is very talented and highly rated, there would be quite a few ready to take a chance on him as there was in the summer

Weren't willing to fork out a higher fee though 

Was excited by his arrival and still hope it'll turn out well but the injury problems seem horrendous for someone his age 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, simplythebest said:

Weren't willing to fork out a higher fee though 

Was excited by his arrival and still hope it'll turn out well but the injury problems seem horrendous for someone his age 

Well we don't know that tbh someone probably would have if we never signed him.

It's just because it's a muscle injury it was a problem for him last season till he had an extended period of time on the sidelines to try and fix it, obviously that hasn't worked so well so we'll be doing all we can to do that, I have no doubts that Rossiter will come good for us at his age time is on his side.

5 hours ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

I wish someone would bloody say something about it, all MW says about it is, "oh he wont be long now". If he is going to be out for 3-4 months just say so, hope he does eventually get fit so he can displace Halliday for the DM role. 

Agree.

Half expectin MW to say Rossiter being personally coached by Eustace. Similiar saga...

Seems to me he was brought in as a developing future prospect who, at the time of signing, had the ability and skill to step straight into the squad / team and be effective.   The injury.  

Nico at the other end of his career, should ideally have been able to make more of an impact when he signed but clearly needed time to get up to a level of fitness suitable for the Scottish game.   Then injury.

Two players who had the potential to be very influential this season but in one case (Nico) he is out for the season and in the other case (Rossiter) we simply don't know if / when he will find his way back to a level of fitness good enough for first team duties.   Warburton seems to keep on hinting that Rossiter is nearly there, only for him not to be nearly there at all. Persistently saying he is nearly there does Rossiter no favours and it does Warburton's reputation for clear, accurate, transparent information no good whatsoever.  

I hope he makes a full and complete recovery as fast as possible and that Warburton reports on the status of the injury with less of a eye on misplaced optimism and more of an eye on realism.  If he's injured and likely to be out for a while then is it not best to say so and reduce the weekly questioning about where Rossiter is.