Ricksen Tribute Match 25th Jan

greg_1987

Great turnout today, just home from the game. I'd play Ferguson, Gattusso, Mols, Klos and Buffell before our current lot.

I didn't think we'd have a worse right back than Foster but Durie, despite his goal, got turned every which way today :lol: shame he had to fill in at RB.

As for Fernando, great to see him over. I was moved at the ovation he got, fully deserved. When he lost his balance after the KO I felt really emotional for him. Really hard to see him like that. To his credit he looked fine afterwards and waved as he walked off (tu) thanks for the memories Fernando

A lovely occasion. Well done for supporting one of our own, Bears, and to all of the players out there who can all count themselves as Bears for life too.

Great to see those old stars. Klos. Jeeso. He has the beginnings of man boobs, which I never expected from such a fit, professional character, but my-oh-my did he become the Klos of 15 years ago in a instant! Some of those saves were top class. And wee Rino. Never the most talented player, but you can see why he became such an important one for some great teams. Midfield terrier extraordinaire. So many heroes out there. Enjoy it while you can, folks, because the next generations of legends might be a little different.

But, anyway. It was an emotional day. I hope it helps the man to stay strong. And on a secondary note, many thanks to Fernando (and the organisers), because despite your illness you've managed to do what many have failed to do recently - you made it feel like Rangers again. And it was great to see so many kids there, being taught what it means. Once all of our problems are over, make sure you keep bringing them, Bears, and teaching them what it's all about. They are the key to a healthy future for this club.

No Surrender, Fernando!!!

Really nice post.

Neil McCann and Big Ecks comments summed it all up for me,Mc Cann said driving to the ground was like the old days, Eck said it reminded him of helicopter Sunday , Fernandos illness is a horrible one and to see him like that is heartbreaking, approaching the stadium today there was a buzz about the place just like McCann said,like the old days, great to see so many bears there to support him in his battle , I too was shocked at how weak he looked , seems to be taking its toll on him , hopefully today gives him the strength to fight on, Thanks for the memory's Fernando,good luck in your fight, all the Rangers family are behind you....No Surrender Fernando

Very emotional day today, really proud of the supporters turning up in such numbers to give Fernando one last memory of Ibrox he will never forget. Every time they showed him on the big screen and you could see the tears in his eyes it was hard not to burst in to tears too for him!

Was impressed with the legends team, thought Kiki Musampa was brilliant, as was Sheringham, Landzaat, Perez and a few others. Few of our guys could still do a job in our team, Klos, Gattuso, Ferguson, De Boer, Lovenkrands, Mols to name a few.

I would put gattuso,albertz,fergusson and lovenkrands straight into the midfield next week and put klos in goals.

Also the movement of Negri would shame the "forwards" we have at the club at the moment. Unfortunately the legs were not as sharp as his mind

Great day today be a long time until we see 11 goals at Ibrox again. Great to see alot of ex players although im sure Ally had managed to sneak in when I seen Durie at right back :craphead: Some good goals today aswell. Only down point was Albertz not shooting :( and Bob Malcolm taking out Charlie Millar was tremendous. Although to sum it all up really when Ricksen fell over at the start broke my heart never knew how weak he had gotten. No surrender Fernando

My first game back in a while and it was amazing. Good crowd and an emotional day so proud of us all. Heart breaks for Fernando, such a warrior and when he fell i was bubbling, cant believe how much has changed...no surrender to Ricksen! WATP

Great turnout today, just home from the game. I'd play Ferguson, Gattusso, Mols, Klos and Buffell before our current lot.

I didn't think we'd have a worse right back than Foster but Durie, despite his goal, got turned every which way today :lol: shame he had to fill in at RB.

As for Fernando, great to see him over. I was moved at the ovation he got, fully deserved. When he lost his balance after the KO I felt really emotional for him. Really hard to see him like that. To his credit he looked fine afterwards and waved as he walked off (tu) thanks for the memories Fernando

the fall was scripted no?