Burnley At Ibrox 21St July

I think most would have been encouraged by the first 20 minutes although I must confess I didn't see us scoring at all from open play, we don't have a striker to hurt teams that that have a step up in defenders

I expected us to start well, you have to believe that a new manager on his home debut would set out a team to start on the front foot and have a high tempo, we struggled to maintain that level which isn't entirely surprising, a lot of new faces too, I felt we struggled for leadership after the goal and thats why we went into a shell a little bit, I think it waa a good workout but we need to be realistic and know that unless we get a goalscorer then this League is going to be a scrap to the finish

Some nice play. Different day and it's 3-1.

Bounced over to a hibs forum to see if there was anything about Allan... There more interested to see how we are getting on rather than watch their own team vs East Fife. Apparently we are absolutely shite and will be easy to beat even though they have just drew 0-0 with East fife.

This team will be a cracker imo.

Just stick to the Gers there son. Show no interest in anyone else and you will be fine.

Only caught the second half and though I didn't think we created too many real chances , I think , in time that will come , once the team get to know each other better. The big difference was , at last , we seemed to play up and down the park instead of across it.

As Wawrinka said , these were no mugs we were playing against .

I still think we need a natural goalscorer . Not many about , but might be worth splashing out that wee bit extra to get one.

I think most would have been encouraged by the first 20 minutes although I must confess I didn't see us scoring at all from open play, we don't have a striker to hurt teams that that have a step up in defenders

I expected us to start well, you have to believe that a new manager on his home debut would set out a team to start on the front foot and have a high tempo, we struggled to maintain that level which isn't entirely surprising, a lot of new faces too, I felt we struggled for leadership after the goal and thats why we went into a shell a little bit, I think it waa a good workout but we need to be realistic and know that unless we get a goalscorer then this League is going to be a scrap to the finish

Agree with all of that

Don't want to say to much as you get called down as negative, but it was all quite flat after the goal. I expected a reaction after the goal, we had a chance just after HT but that was it. Defeat on Saturday will have a impact on our early season form and tbh I don't see us beating them at home. Just my opinion.

Plenty of time to sort it out, but I think Warburton first 6 or so results will put pressure on himself. Just hope he gets the time to put it right, because I have no doubt he will.

Let's just get a striker in Pronto

Fuck sake some people on this thread nearly want to make me go into the Boardroom section.

It's a fucking friendly and if people can't see the positives...they are trying way too hard not to.

I think most were quite positive, apart from a few bangers. And those pointing out that Law disappeared as soon as we weren't cruising.

Some nice play. Different day and it's 3-1.

Bounced over to a hibs forum to see if there was anything about Allan... There more interested to see how we are getting on rather than watch their own team vs East Fife. Apparently we are absolutely shite and will be easy to beat even though they have just drew 0-0 with East fife.

This team will be a cracker imo.

How did their game at Ayr Utd go?

Don't understand the negativity. Not sure how it comes across on streams or RTV but that was one of the most pleasing performances I've seen in a long time. There was an actual desire to recover the ball from the whole team and when we did, there were plenty of options.

The interchange between Halliday and Holt was tremendous. Off the back of this game I think Holts got a bright future with us, reminiscent of Ferguson with his demanding of the ball: ability wise there's still a long way to go, but I love to see a midfielder dominate the ball in possession like he did.

Waghorn looks the part, I can see exactly what Marky meant when he said he was a second striker though, his flick ons and ability to make space was fantastic.

Final mention is for Tavernier: wow. Stunning from him, one point he was battling for the ball, got tripped, back up and raced back to the ball before the Burnley player reacted, he'll be a star for us.

Encouraging signs IMO

Loads of positives from that first half, if Waghorn's header went in, it would have given us the shot in the arm we needed to keep that intensity up.

Really impressed with the tempo, play and desire in the first 45, you could see the players get knackered after that kind of intensity. Luckily, none of the teams this season will play with such a high tempo like Burnley, who I thought, played really well tonight.

Exciting times IMO, game died off towards the end, some tired legs in there.

First 45 gives me confidence and special mentions to every player, especially tavernier, holt and Halliday who looked very impressive.

We'll learn a lot from tonight. Like o say, Waghorn takes that chance and I think we should've had a pen tbh, it gives us that lift.

Good nights work overall

Don't understand the negativity. Not sure how it comes across on streams or RTV but that was one of the most pleasing performances I've seen in a long time. There was an actual desire to recover the ball from the whole team and when we did, there were plenty of options.

The interchange between Halliday and Holt was tremendous. Off the back of this game I think Holts got a bright future with us, reminiscent of Ferguson with his demanding of the ball: ability wise there's still a long way to go, but I love to see a midfielder dominate the ball in possession like he did.

Waghorn looks the part, I can see exactly what Marky meant when he said he was a second striker though, his flick ons and ability to make space was fantastic.

Final mention is for Tavernier: wow. Stunning from him, one point he was battling for the ball, got tripped, back up and raced back to the ball before the Burnley player reacted, he'll be a star for us.

This (tu)

I couldn't be happier with our efforts to play the ball around tonight, when it worked it worked really well, and when it didn't, it was down to a lack of understanding, which will come in time

Lots of positives and the window is still open, so who knows what is being worked on to bring in more quality players. I agree with the others that we need a top drawer striker, but they are hard to find and in our price range is a bit tougher. I am just hoping that we keep getting good news on the players in front.

Given how quickly this team have been put together, I thought it was an excellent performance.

The finishing wasn't happening tonight but it was easy to see how that will come (although I agree with others who are looking to sign another striker).

Would have liked to have seen how the keeper coped with more direct shots - don't recall him having to do much in the way of 'proper' shot stopping.

Very, very encouraging overall.

sick of this ball on the deck nonsense. Get it up the park. Get yer heid on it man!

I really liked this patient game and they all looked like footballers. My only niggling criticism is that we lacked a little bit of creativity in creating definite openings.

It's a small niggle about a new team. It's the first time I can remember real football since Advocaat.

Saturday is a very different thing and I really want to win it, but Warburton is right to emphasise that it is still only part of the pre-season. I too will have to be patient.

Great stuff overall today. Very, very encouraging.

After only 4 weeks of MW with the team, and considering we've not had a proper, traditional preseason, the team looks very good.

Things are looking up.