*** The Official Greenock Morton V Rangers Match Thread ***

G.E.C.

Morton with 10 men behind the ball us banging away, let's just hope they don't have a pacey forward who can finish.

A tight 1-0 win for us.

We do have 20 year old Alec Samuel on loan from Swansea. Played his first full game against Motherwell mid-week and scored 2. Apparently the fastest player on the books at Swansea - certainly none of the Motherwell defenders came close to matching him for pace.

Morton won't put 10 men behind the ball. We took the game to Motherwell and will probably set-up much the same on Sunday. Will be a few different players in for us though - our manager rested several regulars against 'Well.

Pretty confident Morton will score, just need to wait and see how many Rangers get! A lot of confidence in the Morton team at the moment, a hard working lot that will be well up for Sunday. Rangers favourites, but it could be one of your toughest games of the season so far.

We do have 20 year old Alec Samuel on loan from Swansea. Played his first full game against Motherwell mid-week and scored 2. Apparently the fastest player on the books at Swansea - certainly none of the Motherwell defenders came close to matching him for pace.

Morton won't put 10 men behind the ball. We took the game to Motherwell and will probably set-up much the same on Sunday. Will be a few different players in for us though - our manager rested several regulars against 'Well.

Pretty confident Morton will score, just need to wait and see how many Rangers get! A lot of confidence in the Morton team at the moment, a hard working lot that will be well up for Sunday. Rangers favourites, but it could be one of your toughest games of the season so far.

Strange that a Morton fan has been on here since 2012.... :lol:

It'll be a comfortable Rangers win.

Jim Duffy is a woeful manager and it took them to last day of the season to win League One and have retained majority of that squad and lost the key striker.

Aye they've made a decent start this season and surprised a few but they'll fall away IMO and will be fighting to avoid a relegation play off place.

Wes

Tavernier

Kiernan

Ball

Wallace

Law

Halliday

Holt

Walsh

Waghorn

McKay

I would go with this also .i think the dynamic of the team has changed since the arrival of the two young loan players.we need to get back to as near the team we fielded at the start of the season.the problem MW has is that Spurs and arsenal will be on the blower if these youngsters are not getting game time and development,hence endangering his relationship and further deals down the line

I'm still expecting the players to step up and right their wrongs from Tuesday. I see this being a high paced goal frenzy game. I understand that Morton are in form and they may even score but I don't doubt for one minute we'll be deserved winners.

I'm still expecting the players to step up and right their wrongs from Tuesday. I see this being a high paced goal frenzy game. I understand that Morton are in form and they may even score but I don't doubt for one minute we'll be deserved winners.

The players were dying for Sunday to come in the dressing room after the st Johnstone game, I deffs think they will put on a show

Start with the same team that played on Tuesday and see if they have the character to bounce back and regain some credit.

Man mark the Swansea loanee out the game as SJ did to Zelalem, if he proves to show any danger.

If we are not getting the results with this then change at half time, that should give us enough time to win the three points.

We have the players, they just need to prove they are up for it and have the ability to regain the front foot.

Main thing is, we have to sharpen up in all positions, especially at the back, as this reduces the pressure up front that can cause bad decisions being made, and chances at goal being squandered due to over playing.

We should not be worried about Morton or any other team in the championship.

This will be an easy win for us, maybe not a high scoring game, but an easy enough 3 points.

:uk:

Spoke to a Motherwell fan in my work and he said that boy on loan from Swansea looked decent.

He also admitted Well were shite but said keep an we out for that young boy.

He's rapid as well from what i've heard, doesn't bode well for Kiernan and Wilson, id expect Ball to start.

Strange that a Morton fan has been on here since 2012.... :lol:

It'll be a comfortable Rangers win.

Jim Duffy is a woeful manager and it took them to last day of the season to win League One and have retained majority of that squad and lost the key striker.

Aye they've made a decent start this season and surprised a few but they'll fall away IMO and will be fighting to avoid a relegation play off place.

Winning the league after going down is rarely done. Morton are no mugs.