*****The Official Rangers v Peterhead thread*****

OceanRain

Don't think it's wise resting players cause we've got a whole week to prepare for the mhuck.
Same starting line up as yesterday, as much as it pains me to leave Dom Ball on the bench for Wilson. 
Rangers 4-0. Forrester, Miller x2, Holt. 

i would start with the team he intends to start with against the tims  we have a full week before the semi final after this game so they dont need rested

dont see any point of starting o halloran and king when they cant play against the tims

my worry is that mcinally another rabid tim will try to get some of our players injured before the big game

Peterhead currently sit second in League 1 with Dunfermline already division champions. Up until their last two defeats they had been on a 19-game unbeaten run stretching back to November and accumulating 12 wins, 7 draws and 42 goals in the process.

Peterhead's road to Hampden also saw them score a hefty 13 goals over their four ties in the competition.

They've have netted 71 times in the league this season (averaging 1.79 goals per game) but have failed to do so in their two most recent outings. In the last four matches The Blue Toon have only managed to find the back of the net once.

Fullscreen capture 06042016 162036.bmp.jpg

They would love a cup, and to beat the biggest team in Scotland in doing so.

But they must know the truth. This isnt just Rangers they are up against. Its a rejuvinated Rangers, managed properly, on the front foot and full of confidence. (Read that in Marks & Spencer advert voice if u wish)

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

Peterhead should not be taken lightly.    They will be trying their damnedest to beat us and we need to be up for this game.  

They will def be up for it as it will be a full house  mostly us and they will be living the dream.

We need to focus on this game only and the following week will take care of itself.

20 hours ago, OceanRain said:

Peterhead currently sit second in League 1 with Dunfermline already division champions. Up until their last two defeats they had been on a 19-game unbeaten run stretching back to November and accumulating 12 wins, 7 draws and 42 goals in the process.

Peterhead's road to Hampden also saw them score a hefty 13 goals over their four ties in the competition.

They've have netted 71 times in the league this season (averaging 1.79 goals per game) but have failed to do so in their two most recent outings. In the last four matches The Blue Toon have only managed to find the back of the net once.

Fullscreen capture 06042016 162036.bmp.jpg

Brechin City haven't half went on a run

Could be next years Leicester :lol:

59 minutes ago, MuirhouseBear said:

Ticket office selling a limited number of restricted view tickets only. My mate phoned up an hour ago and got 2. Worth a try mate (tu) 

Cool. Cheers mate. Will try today. Only looking for 1 ticket so fingers crossed it isnt restricted view.

I was thinking about this earlier. I think Peterhead will sit in and try to hit us on counterattack and we may struggle to break them down for the first hour. Our superior fitness should kick in and I'd expect goals in the last half hour as they start to tire.