Second Statement

RFC55

7 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

Is anyone else totally fucking confused by the part which states that employment was immediately terminated (paraphrasing) yet Warburton was taking training and having a press conference as Rangers manager on Friday? 

Possibly took them that long to confirm they were in the right legally consideeing there was no letter of resignation.

More to come on this IMO.

Horse shit statement IMO. more bullshit about how he's stuck to his investment plan. Have you dave? We recruited has beens and freebies and have invested next to nothing in transfers

Pack your bags and fuck off you absolute snake in the grass bastard. Sick of this cunts pish. It's tiring. 

5 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I think it's the timeline, it had been agreed mid week the the agent comes back at the end of the week to try and change it.

But surely if it was accepted on Monday then the whole process should have been underway before the agent got back to them later in the week. 

5 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

The roof is still bogging , other than a few banners I have not noticed any major changes at ibrox under the board 

No, me neither. I'm not defending anyone or anything. I'm merely putting the question out there because I just don't know.

Electrics, plumbing, IT, etc? Perhaps improvements in these areas?

12 minutes ago, Dlydon81 said:

F£&K ME!

First part is complete BS and DK thinks we're all idiots by putting that out there.

Second part, as much as probably true, confirms to me that no formal resignation has been received and we are going to end up paying MW and Co the full compensation for breach of contract.

DK is a complete Moron and we are a F£&King laughing stock!

Not strictly true. It reads that their Agent offered their resignations which the Board accepted.

Exactly what was offered will be subject to scrutiny but it's not immediately obvious that compo will definitely be payable. 

"After discussion the Board accepted this offer and employment was immediately terminated. In order for us to achieve our ambitions we need employees that, like your Board members, will always put Rangers first.

While we were dealing with the admin and press releases relating to the resignation the agent again contacted us and asked to defer the resignation until the management had secured a new club. I assume that the new deal had somehow collapsed at the last minute. The Board met to consider this request but resolved to hold them to the original agreement."

Someone help me out here, I'm not understanding the time frames involved. Did this all happen last night? If not, how can the bolded part be true?

7 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

The resignation was never given in writing. It was verbal, which is still a resignation albeit slightly more dubious territory. 

They'll end up settling at a much lower amount than the £1.2m they would have gotten next week when they were sacked. 

What makes you think they were getting sacked next week?

25 minutes ago, Mols94 said:

He must be including the wages of the new players when he says we've spent 18 of the 30 million, disappointing if that's the case.

Of course he does, and it includes investment in the stadium. You can't just invest in fees to other clubs for players. That's only investment if the players improve whilst at the club. That's the managers job to realise those as assets. 

Anyone who thought he was going to spend £30m on speculative transfers fees needs to get real. 

1 minute ago, Jb85 said:

Good statement. So second this year with at least Euro qualifiers and next year challenging for the title. Need a very good manager to come in and spend a bit of money. Can only hope we'll get some money for some players even if it isn't  much. We can't let any players go for free. 

Watch us give them away to Dundee Untd just to get the wage bill down

As Dunny said, not 1 bid for a Rangers player in the January window 

2 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

It's very confusing. The statement intimates that a discussion took place early in the week and the board agreed to terminate employment. If that is the case, why the fuck have we waited until Friday evening for this to be announced to the support and more importantly why is Warburton taking training and fulfilling other responsibilities. I smell shite - is my gut instinct. 

Maybe the board were giving him the SC before announcing it, like I say it seems the agent came back at the end of the week to try and get out of it, maybe after Warburton's visit to London 

4 minutes ago, pcbear said:

This, all is never as it seems is it,? I can imagine the three rats atm sitting round a table with a team of lawyers scheming their next ratty move, one thing that has come to light that may affect any future employment ( apart from being a shite management duo) is that they are fragile, thin skinned, bollockless and would be prepared to do the dirty on any future employer, take that ya fuckers.

Hopefully the board exposing them will mean they struggle to get another club now 

19 minutes ago, RossRFC1 said:

People actually thought 30m investment meant on player fees only? :duh:

Ofcourse it includes wages!

Wages, money spent fixing things in the stadium, money put into things like RTV and the media guys and general infrastructure of the club and replacing what had been stripped away and restoring what was neglected by the previous regime.

I've always got the impression from some people that they thought King was going to deposit £30m into the club bank account in one go to be spent on players. It was never ever going to work that way, at least that is never how I would have expected it to be.

What I will say though is that I do find it disappointing that a larger sum of money hasn't been made available up until now to be spent on transfer fees similar to that of the Joe Garner transfer. I'd have liked to see us spend that kind of money on at least a couple of others and that absolutely has to be improved upon if we're going to be even dreaming about challenging for the title any time soon.

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

The Nottingham Forrest CEO or Chairman (can't mind which) confirmed he held talks with warburton last week. 

held "talks" and actually negotiating a contract are way different mate, im not blaming anyone yet but i feel there is way more to this than what we are being fed