***Official Rangers V Marseille thread***

MrMckee

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Gaz52 said:

Maybe I'm missing a joke here but why would Dorrans be put left wing? He's nae pace, the guy is a centre mid :confused:

He's not left wing he's left midfield

I'm hoping the first 45 or 60 we compete well and hold our own. That's when I'd imagine our strongest team is playing. After that it normally gets bitty with the squad players introduced and the flow of play lost.

So hopefully evidence the starting 11 are gelling well under the new system and at least showing some cohesion and chances created.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

To be fair mate if it's a bad result or a shocker Pedro will get slated so it's only right he gets praise if it's a good result 

You know what it's like though. For me he deserves fuck all praise at this moment. That Progres result is up there with one of the worst in our history. If they beat Marseille today what does that change? Nothing, but you'll get fans claiming he can lead us to the title etc if we do. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

To be fair mate if it's a bad result or a shocker Pedro will get slated so it's only right he gets praise if it's a good result 

I'm never actually like this towards a manager so early either :lol: I backed MW right until the 2-0 defeat at Tynecastle. 

This character has to win 8 of 11 of the first round of fixtures and not get beat in the other 3 for me to give him my full support. However my general feeling would be of surprise if we even won our first 3. 

Am just no looking forward to all the pish some of our fans come out with when David Bates stops Payet from scoring for 30 minutes, lauding him as some sort of hero. It's getting tedious now. 

15 minutes ago, stevotrueblue said:

Anyone know yet if the game is on RTV?  Just looked on KODI Sportsmania's listings for today and nothing on there yet.

It is but will be a fuck up if it's run as poorly as that site it's a fucking shambles and can't handle the volume on match day clicking the site.

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

Maybe I'm missing a joke here but why would Dorrans be put left wing? He's nae pace, the guy is a centre mid :confused:

You don't have be a pacy winger to play in the wider positions of a midfield 4. 

The 4 midfielders can play quite tight and centrally whilst your full backs use the wings to give width. 

I rememer this years ago when people used to freak out about McLeod playing out on the left and even back in the Smith era when Davis was played out on the right. 

It made no difference as these players still operated primarily through the middle.

Formations on paper are sometimes taken too literal.

12 minutes ago, Smile said:

It is but will be a fuck up if it's run as poorly as that site it's a fucking shambles and can't handle the volume on match day clicking the site.

never had a problem with RTV. although this is the first live HD stream and having ditched the flash player so there might be some issues but generally RTV is fine. 

1 minute ago, DeanMK said:

The 4 midfielders can play quite tight and centrally whilst your full backs use the wings to give width. 

I rememer this years ago when people used to freak out about McLeod playing out on the left and even back in the Smith era when Davis was played out on the right. 

It made no difference as these players still operated primarily through the middle.

People used to freak because McLeod and Davis were wasted not playing as true central midfielders. So was Charlie Adam. They were victims of their own talent. 

1 minute ago, DeanMK said:

Aye. Just can't imagine Dorrans being positioned out on the left as anytime I've watched him play he's always been in the middle 

1 minute ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

People used to freak because McLeod and Davis were wasted not playing as true central midfielders. So was Charlie Adam. They were victims of their own talent. 

This. To say Davis playing on the right 'made no difference' is daft really - of course it did. He was much more effective through the middle, as was Adam and McLeod. 

3 minutes ago, one55 said:

never had a problem with RTV. although this is the first live HD stream and having ditched the flash player so there might be some issues but generally RTV is fine. 

The site isn't even loading at the moment. I've a feeling this one is going to be a cluster fuck.