Windass.

tannerall

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's quickly winning me over.  All I've ever wanted of this guy is for him to score and create goals and finally he's doing it.  His athleticism has got to be his biggest asset and he must be one of the quickest players in the SPFL.  

Pay careful attention to this goal:

You see the pace of Windass leaves the defender for dead and there's nothing they can do to stop him.  Teams will be afraid of this and sit deeper as a result.

38 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Been doing pretty well recently.

Will probably have the usual suspects shouting 'shitebag' at him after 10 minutes on Saturday though.

Aye, on good form right now. If we're winning games and scoring goals, I can live with the patchy performances. For the moment anyway. 

There was a beautiful moment in the match thread where 4 posters in a row called him out just before he banged the goal in. 

He’s improved vastly but when his form evens out we will probably see the old Windass again.

Weird because he usually does one or two really impressive things but then will jog back or make wrong decisions at crucial points, hopefully continues to get that out his game but we’ve seen it before with a few players who can’t keep it up long term.

Also needs another player to come in at LM so he isn’t expected to perform and be our only rapid first team winger in the entire squad.

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Misses the Motherwell game due to his stupid booking though 

We need one final push to the end of the year. It's looking like Miller, Dorrans, Rossiter and probably Wallace may miss out. Windass & Jack are missing a game each. We really can't afford to lose many more in these next 4 games.

The January break gives us a chance to regroup and hopefully get some bodies back. Hopefully silly bookings don't cost us though. Luckily, touch wood, I think Jack and Windass are missing home games which makes it a little less bad albeit it's something we could do without.

3 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

He’s improved vastly but when his form evens out we will probably see the old Windass again.

Weird because he usually does one or two really impressive things but then will jog back or make wrong decisions at crucial points, hopefully continues to get that out his game but we’ve seen it before with a few players who can’t keep it up long term.

Also needs another player to come in at LM so he isn’t expected to perform and be our only rapid first team winger in the entire squad.

You can't teach raw talent but you can coach a young player how to backtrack, tackle etc. I think he is improving and perhaps some of that is down to Murty who seems to be able to teach young players.