*****Official Shkupi vs Rangers thread*****

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

For having an opinion and being disappointed at a lackluster performance? No one is calling for heads to roll. If anything the over exaggeration is coming from people like you.

Criticising a (comfortable) win is my problem - only the vatican would be up to that eh.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

The team doesn't look great, we're a bit boring to watch and there's a few players who really shouldn't still be here but the bigger picture is that we've just got through a European tie and kept a clean sheet over the 2 legs in the process against a team that, like it or not, could have been a potential banana skin for us.

There really is mate. 

However and I know many on here won't like this but this is going to take 2/3 windows to fix sadly. 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Spot on.

Shite final third. Good to hear that we will improve in the final third but tonight he was annoyed with the quality there. Doesn't sound overly happy so I'm.delighted with that 

Game management superb.

Through and that's it.

Pretty much this.

Job is done, that’s the main thing at this stage. 

54 minutes ago, broxi555 said:

I am sorry but my estimation of SG has dropped to rock bottom - he has made 2 subs and still left the worst player at Ibrox on the park he will never be a player in a million years.

Why do so many beasts come here to post, it's all about the Rangers

18 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Success is made on building from the back. I'd bet Fod would've let in the 1st half save in that McGregor made easily never mind the 2nd half save (that I never saw cause the link was down but heard it was a good one). SG has been in the job a matter of weeks and he HAS made improvements. The main players that are letting us down are not the ones the manager signed. That has got to be good.

Agreed but that doesn't mean we don't have concerns 

Thank fuck our defence seems more solid and Fod is out of the picture 

46 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Murphy has had an absolute stinker tonight

Still, this is effectively pre-season so I’m not fussed. If we play like this and win I just don’t care how turgid our style is 

Murphy has a first touch like Gordon Durie impersonating a brick wall

It wasn't the most exciting but we got through to the next round and that's the most important thing.  Also there will be players coming in to strengthen the attack so not overly concerned right now.  I think Sadiq will be a top player for us and I expect us to buy better quality for the right wing.

41 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Fuck I seem to have this all wrong.

Not to mention the fact that when all our players are available that won't be our first 11 either but we really should all go tonto here. It's the only way.

We can't all be measured and and calm like your good self 52 ?

Not going to complain about us drawing away from home inEurope and advancing to the next round of the qualifiers.

Would have been nice for the couple of thousand bears that made the trip, to see something better. Tonight was all about advancing though IMO, so job done.

Listening to the manager it's obvious he sees the problems. And the good thing is it's the same as what we see and know. He doesn't give sound bites to please anyone, he gives it as he sees it. He knows where we have to improve. Giving Morelos, Candeias, Windass and a few others a few games to prove themselves always had to happen. They're not taking the chance so they'll be off unless they improve massively.

That's why it will take time. New manager. Players dying to impress. If they're not good enough they'll be off but they need to be given the chance.

Just now, gogzy said:

Not going to complain about us drawing away from home inEurope and advancing to the next round of the qualifiers.

Would have been nice for the couple of thousand bears that made the trip, to see something better. Tonight was all about advancing though IMO, so job done.

According to the BBC there were only 300-400 fans there?!

16 minutes ago, gogzy said:

True 

I will take that every time 

Archived