• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Meh 

we still need 4 or 5 signings in midfield and up front 

We need actual quality. 

This squad is far too weak to dominate games 

A least it gives Gerrard a reason to go to the board for more money.

Despite deserving a decent lead from the first leg the last minute penalty proved crucial. I'm not sure the game tonight would have been under our control so much if we didn't have a two goal advantage. Overall a pretty uninspiring performance, but professional nonetheless. 

I've bit my tongue here tonight and trying not to panic as i'm seeing much of the last three years tactics out there tonight, but when you see Andy Haliday come on then you have to worry.

All in all that was not a good performance tonight and better teams would have punished us. The result wasnt good or bad but the performance was lacking. What happened to all the high pressing we seen being worked on pre-season and against Bury? 

Its ok us all pointing fingers at individual players but at some point we need to look at the tactics and how they are being utilized. Is it coincidence that most "duds" we have leave us then do well or were doing well before coming here? 

Solid in defence.

Iffy in midfield.

Shite up front.

Too many passes going behind the intended target.

Ball control very poor.

Glad to get this one out of the way so we can get the improvements ready for next week.

2 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Clean sheet, only thanks to the keeper, our front four are fkn abysmal, concerned more than ever, we need another four players that can go straight into the first eleven or we are fucked. 

And by fucked you mean come a comfortable 2nd?

Just now, eejay the dj said:

King has played a blinder and we still haven't recruited anywhere near enough

It will be the same shite players from last season costing us big time this season 

Easy days when he's only spending Season Ticket money. 

3 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Fucking hell McGregor will think he's played against Werder Bremen 2008.

To put that into context Hibs won their first tie 6-1. 

Absolutely woeful and Gerrard better sort that utter shite out.

No excuses before anyone starts greeting. 

They were playing part-timers, we played full-time professionals.

No comparison.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Played in nearly 90 degree heat. Seen it out easy enough. Should've won by 2 or 3 however McGregor has proven what a good goalie brings you with 2 Good saves.

Alfredo needs a spell on the side and I think windass was coming into the game when he went off and thought he was better than Murphy.

End of the day these early rounds are brutal. Osijek drew 1-1 with a wide from Moldova after humping psv last season. 

I'm glad we are through but there will be much much better performances and many worse no doubt over the season.

Summed it up nicely. 

No idea what the complaints are about. Basically Pre-season in blistering heat with a job to do and we done it convincingly. On to the next one. 

Just now, Inigo said:

If you're looking for positives, the part of the team that Gerrard has actually changed looks largely good and has two clean sheets. 

So hopefully the soon to be introduced new arrivals further ahead have the same effect.

Hope he gets at least two attacking players. We will end up trophyless again otherwise.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I've bit my tongue here tonight and trying not to panic as i'm seeing much of the last three years tactics out there tonight, but when you see Andy Haliday come on then you have to worry.

All in all that was not a good performance tonight and better teams would have punished us. The result wasnt good or bad but the performance was lacking. What happened to all the high pressing we seen being worked on pre-season and against Bury? 

Its ok us all pointing fingers at individual players but at some point we need to look at the tactics and how they are being utilized. Is it coincidence that most "duds" we have leave us then do well or were doing well before coming here? 

He came on to shore it up for 3 minutes. Fucking hell man.

I'm done for the night on here. RM is fucking brutal on nights like this

Said it last week and got slaughtered but as it stands this side is finishing miles behind celtic. 

Definitely an improvement at the back but middle to front is nowhere near good enough. Could have played another 90 min there and still not scored 

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

There was high pressing, just the players were all over the place trying to do it.

4 minutes ago, Coplander2 said:

We hit the bar three times in Luxembourg.  Today we couldnt hit a coo's arse wi a banjo

Doesn't matter a fuck how many times we hit the bar. It's scoring goals that matters. We might not have managed it today but we're through

Archived