Andy Halliday

Escobar

10 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Gerrard respects players who are willing to give everything for our Club. 

I admire that. 

What's more impressive is the level he's taken Halliday too. It will only help us.

:pipe:

Well said. 

in a way Halliday did have a good level in him somewhere .

the cup game where we beat the taigs in the semi he was outstanding .he dominated Lego big time .sayin that Kiernan had a great game too .

Apart from that season and his few appearances this season he has been brutal .

Hope he keep a up this level he is showing just now as he will be a flexible and valuable squad member 

Well done Steve, just shows that confidence and man management is just as important as ability and work rate. 

Which makes you wonder why Murty is still with our club. Love to know what Gerrard thinks on that. I've a feeling Murty is still only here as  courtesy for filling in last year rather than as a necessity.

37 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Brilliant. So fucking happy for him, never deserved the abuse, everycunt was shite last season. New era, new slate. Mon Andy 

This Tam:tu:

The abuse he got on here was ridiculous, cunts calling him "Copland" etc, petty as fuck man.

He's a decent, but limited, football player and can be part of things going forward if he keeps his current form up.

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

Well done Steve, just shows that confidence and man management is just as important as ability and work rate. 

I'm too young to have watched his Rangers teams, but Jock Wallace's former players say he was ahead of his time in terms of ensuring everyone knew their tactical role, and having dossiers on opponents and strategies based on that. Gerrard seems to be of the same ilk as Wallace and Souness; he's focused on the fitness, made sure everyone knows their specific role and builds from there. 

The effect it has on players is evident just by watching Halliday. A decent, albeit limited, player whose confidence had been eroded over the last few years; target for the boo boys, and closely linked to Miller and Wallace. Rather than boot him out we've seen Gerrard put him out with specific roles and tasks, and Halliday has, by and large, carried them out. He's a decent utility player for us. 

I understand the "we need better" point, but quality players aren't going to sign to be fourth or fifth choice central midfielder when everyone is fit, third choice full back etc. Most successful teams* are greater than the sum of their parts and contain those utility players that, on paper, shouldn't be in the starting XI, but can fill in for more than one position and play their part. 

*Bar the likes of the Galacticos era Real Madrid, or the current Madrid side. 

3 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

I'm too young to have watched his Rangers teams, but Jock Wallace's former players say he was ahead of his time in terms of ensuring everyone knew their tactical role, and having dossiers on opponents and strategies based on that. Gerrard seems to be of the same ilk as Wallace and Souness; he's focused on the fitness, made sure everyone knows their specific role and builds from there. 

The effect it has on players is evident just by watching Halliday. A decent, albeit limited, player whose confidence had been eroded over the last few years; target for the boo boys, and closely linked to Miller and Wallace. Rather than boot him out we've seen Gerrard put him out with specific roles and tasks, and Halliday has, by and large, carried them out. He's a decent utility player for us. 

I understand the "we need better" point, but quality players aren't going to sign to be fourth or fifth choice central midfielder when everyone is fit, third choice full back etc. Most successful teams* are greater than the sum of their parts and contain those utility players that, on paper, shouldn't be in the starting XI, but can fill in for more than one position and play their part. 

*Bar the likes of the Galacticos era Real Madrid, or the current Madrid side. 

Good post.

If AH  can keep improving as he has done under the guidance of SG then he will be a valuable asset as the season progresses.

If anyone can bring out the best in a player - I think it's Stevie G.

Credit to both Andy and the boss as there has been a big improvement  in Andys  performances this season and while I think he will struggle to get in the side if everyone is fit.If the boss is happy to give him a new contract that is good enough for me .It will also show all the reserve and younger players that if they work hard and play well  they will be rewarded

Alex Ferguson has made better, worse players in his teams.

As our manager has stated, he's the glue that holds the team together - just like Gary Neville has done for ManU. 

We're not all Real Madrid - there can be good sides with one or two workers in the team.