The League

Just now, MrMckee said:

Get this thread to fuck we have done well so far and only had one window to build a team. Give me one manager who has got a whole new team in one window without ridiculous money to spend and got instant success. Everything takes time.

While I agree, the first thing Stevie said was it was obvious where our major problem was but our defence is still our major problem. 

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Season defining. Before that anything other than 6 points at home to Motherwell and Livi is an absolute must.

I guess the way I'm trying to look at December is, generally speaking we find it hard to break down stubborn, defensive minded teams. However most teams we will face in December will come at us so it should help us going forward. Whether our defence can hold up though will be another matter. We have to eradicate stupid, sloppy, unnecessary defensive errors to have an chance.

If we can beat Motherwell and then Livi followed by an away win at Hearts it would set us up very nicely. Certainly going to be tough though..........

We struggle against stubborn defensive minded teams

And tonight we proved (was already shown against the taigs) that we struggle against teams who come out and have a go at us with half decent players

McGregor/Morelos are the only 2 bits of quality we have in the whole squad, the rest are bang average players who will never win us anything

Folk thinking the league was realistic haven't been realistic from day one.

Cup runs are only successful if you beat your opponent. More often than not that'll beg the scum who will beat us 8 or 9 times out of 10.

EL we're really as likely to go through as go out. We're a Jekyll and Hyde team.

Get 2nd in the league, be proud of the EL performance, strongest team in every cup game and strengthen in Jan and the summer. Thats what's needed imo.

I also think there's an argument for SG to bring in / have as mentor an experienced manager as his game management is a huge fail so far.

7 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Get this thread to fuck we have done well so far and only had one window to build a team. Give me one manager who has got a whole new team in one window without ridiculous money to spend and got instant success. Everything takes time.

We spent the bulk of our money on our defence (rightly)

Look at the fucking mess it still is in.

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We spent the bulk of our money on our defence (rightly)

Look at the fucking mess it still is in.

Spent the bulk of our budget on Eastern Europeans who for one reason or another we can't play

13 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Europe was a bonus that hardly anybody expected in June. But no getting away from the fact that we should have got at least a draw tonight and Could still qualify. But the league is more important and i.m sad to say i just dont see it happening this season. But it is still possible so i still cling to some Hope. But some improvement is urgently required. Or any remote chance will be gone. 

Improvement is required obv and realistically 2nd in league unless there is a massive budget suddenly aquired by january.

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

We struggle against stubborn defensive minded teams

And tonight we proved (was already shown against the taigs) that we struggle against teams who come out and have a go at us with half decent players

McGregor/Morelos are the only 2 bits of quality we have in the whole squad, the rest are bang average players who will never win us anything

IMO Spartak are still a very decent regardless of what some say, regardless of their turmoil and would still beat most teams in Scotland fairly comfortably. They are still littered with multi million pound players. Both defences tonight were poor however, and we just had a huge amount of bad luck combined with poor defensive errors. I don't think there was much in tonight's game. It could have gone either way. It's just tough to take that we could easily have taken 4 or 6 points off of them.

In terms of teams coming at us this season, you would probably consider all European games and the tarriers. Against all those teams we've done okay, the tarriers game being the biggest disappointment. Otherwise we have competed well against better teams IMO. As mentioned previously though December will be season defining. The first biggy if you like is away to Hearts. That could pave the way for the rest of December depending on how that goes...........

46 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

One formation and tactic will be his downfall. Three times in the first half we were leading but the game was played at a pace dictated by the Russians. As soon as they took the lead they closed the space and it was game over. At half time he had an opportunity to shore up the midfield by bring one of the front three off and try and control the pace. But no we came out like a bunch of amateurs throwing bodies forward like we are chasing the game.

Yup, the management have a bit to learn when it comes to game management. Disappointing in that respect - blew it

10 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

IMO Spartak are still a very decent regardless of what some say, regardless of their turmoil and would still beat most teams in Scotland fairly comfortably. They are still littered with multi million pound players. Both defences tonight were poor however, and we just had a huge amount of bad luck combined with poor defensive errors. I don't think there was much in tonight's game. It could have gone either way. It's just tough to take that we could easily have taken 4 or 6 points off of them.

In terms of teams coming at us this season, you would probably consider all European games and the tarriers. Against all those teams we've done okay, the tarriers game being the biggest disappointment. Otherwise we have competed well against better teams IMO. As mentioned previously though December will be season defining. The first biggy if you like is away to Hearts. That could pave the way for the rest of December depending on how that goes...........

Completley agree about Spartak, they have far better players with much more experience across the park & that really showed in the 2nd half. Just really wish I could share your optimism mate about December but tonight was an absolute sickener.

Think this squad need everything to go right for them in a match as between them, they don't have the bottle to handle any sort of setback. Goldson standing with his face in his shirt tonight for a good minute was the worst thing for me, shake yourself down and get back into the game but naw, he just lost his head after that and was shocking.

6 minutes ago, james_85 said:

Motherwell would have watched that game and went fuck we have a chance on Sunday cos we can't defend for shit and don't have a back bone between them. 

Motherwell will just kick lumps out of us from the first minute with the full blessing of whatever referee is in charge. We will be knackered by 60 mins, we need to put the game to bed early