Katic

Lloyd

Gerrard doesn't strike me as the kind of character who would accept not being allowed to pick his strongest team for the majority of the season, penalty clause or not.

If he believed any agreements reached by the two clubs was costing us points he would have demanded the board found the funds to pay up or sent him back long before now.

Thought Katic and  Goodson  were immense on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Captain Hilts said:

It was well documented that Katic experienced personal issues from October onwards. Goldson even hinted at this during the last press conference when he said when he keeps his head down and keeps it simple he's a great player. 

The amount of people that think Gerrard just didn't play him for the sake of it is retarded. 

This was proven to be rubbish ages ago. Nottingham Forest could've recalled him in January if he hadn't played a certain number of games by that point, that was it. Then he continued playing until a few weeks ago, so it's bullshit. 

Just a coincidence he played 30 games then never again

Here’s my theory 

Gerrard knows all about playing football and the expectations placed on players at a big club. 

Mentally strong players he has no problems playing from the off (Kamara, Goldson for example) but ones needing more time to settle, grow into the club, watch and learn from the sidelines he will do this to build them as a player and better their character. Katic is a prime example of this treatment. Nurturing it’s called 

Others, Grezda, Barasic for example may not have the ability to grow so he rightly keeps trying and when he’s had enough they can go. 

This is a cracking theory btw and if you don’t agree then clearly you are a cunt. 

1 hour ago, fanaticCR said:

Very good game yesterday however was  skinned for their only chance of the game.

Love the big man.

True, he was skinned. I love him, but needs to watch that. Got his angles wrong which allowed that twat to go past him. Possibly just got too gallus after having an easy afternoon......

3 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

I thought it was bullshit as well until he never played after his 30th appearance for us which tied in with reports about his loan deal. 

Thing is no one will ever really know one way or another so no point arguing over it I guess

I think that may have been down to the season being over , Worrall returning to his club , so it was important to let Katic and Goldson (re)forge a partnership for the start of the season . 

7 hours ago, IpswichGer said:

I found myself chuckling away like an idiot each and every time he miraculously appeared and cleared the ball.

At one of their corners, he appeared from absolutely nowhere in the 6 yard box towering above everyone to clear it and I pished myself laughing 

The man loses nothing in the air I just wish more of our attacking set pieces found his head rather than Goldsons 

20 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

I thought it was bullshit as well until he never played after his 30th appearance for us which tied in with reports about his loan deal. 

Thing is no one will ever really know one way or another so no point arguing over it I guess

Worrall only has 29 appearances for us?

He loves it here, we all lamented the fact we didn't get Prso earlier in his career, well now we have signed another Croat who has fallen in love with the place but this time we have him at the right end of his career, lets hold on to this one 

58 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Powerful stats - "However when I add it up, I played 30 games in all competitions this season. We didn't concede in 15 of those games and only lost twice.

In the league we've won 71% of our games with Katic starting compared to only 58% with Worrall starting. It doesn't work out this way but over 38 games that's about 5 wins of a difference. 

He's bang on about the two losses, one at parkhead and the other in Moscow. In terms of the league starts though with Katic we lost 1 in 17 starts (6%) and with Worrall 3 defeats in 19 (15%). Again over 38 games that's a difference of 3 defeats over a season. 

The other stat that caught my eye was that in Katic's 28 starts we conceded 2 or more twice (7%) and in Worrall's 29 starts we conceded 2 or more five times (17%).

It might seem like fractions and that Worrall wasn't so bad but it's these small differences that could have meant we were going into Sunday with at least a chance of winning the league.

7 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

In the league we've won 71% of our games with Katic starting compared to only 58% with Worrall starting. It doesn't work out this way but over 38 games that's about 5 wins of a difference. 

He's bang on about the two losses, one at parkhead and the other in Moscow. In terms of the league starts though with Katic we lost 1 in 17 starts (6%) and with Worrall 3 defeats in 19 (15%). Again over 38 games that's a difference of 3 defeats over a season. 

The other stat that caught my eye was that in Katic's 28 starts we conceded 2 or more twice (7%) and in Worrall's 29 starts we conceded 2 or more five times (17%).

It might seem like fractions and that Worrall wasn't so bad but it's these small differences that could have meant we were going into Sunday with at least a chance of winning the league.

I think the game in Moscow was the only time I saw him bad. He was all over the place that night.

While i 100 pc believe Katic to be the better option to Worrall. first hes our player 2nd hes probably a better all round player and finally the most important part he forms a partnership with Goldson thats greater than the sum of its parts .I dont think its been the defense thats been most culpable in our league challenge .

For me we have slipped up more because of our front players not being able to break down packed defenses .

Next season i dont think we should be looking to get a top centre half at the expense of breaking up what could easily be the best defensive partnership since Weir and Bougie .Plus any cash spent on a centre half would be far better used in the final 3rd of the side .

By all means get the best back up defenders possible .but i dont want this part of the team tinkered with