Katic

Lloyd

He was described as a Colossus in the match thread and I can't think of a more accurate description. He bossed absolutely everything in the air yesterday and is now a much more 'no nonsense' defender. Still went on a few mazy runs which is good to see, but I found myself chuckling away like an idiot each and every time he miraculously appeared and cleared the ball.

Love the big man and sincerely hope he is now first choice CB.

8 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Perhaps it would have been number 55 if Gerrard had persevered with him at the start of the season?

Already been said a hundred times even before yesterday. 

44 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Gerrards biggest mistake bombing Katic out for Worrall honestly think we’d have won the league with Katic at the back, Goldson looks far more assured next to Katic aswell 

It was well documented that Katic experienced personal issues from October onwards. Goldson even hinted at this during the last press conference when he said when he keeps his head down and keeps it simple he's a great player. 

The amount of people that think Gerrard just didn't play him for the sake of it is retarded. 

42 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I firmly believe Worrall had to play a minimum amount of games or we’d have been charged on top of the loan fee. That is quite literally my only explanation as to why Katic had been bombed out for 6 months of the season. 

This was proven to be rubbish ages ago. Nottingham Forest could've recalled him in January if he hadn't played a certain number of games by that point, that was it. Then he continued playing until a few weeks ago, so it's bullshit. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

It was well documented that Katic experienced personal issues from October onwards. Goldson even hinted at this during the last press conference when he said when he keeps his head down and keeps it simple he's a great player. 

The amount of people that think Gerrard just didn't play him for the sake of it is retarded. 

This was proven to be rubbish ages ago. Nottingham Forest could've recalled him in January if he hadn't played a certain number of games by that point, that was it. Then he continued playing until a few weeks ago, so it's bullshit. 

I thought it was bullshit as well until he never played after his 30th appearance for us which tied in with reports about his loan deal. 

Thing is no one will ever really know one way or another so no point arguing over it I guess

27 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Perhaps it would have been number 55 if Gerrard had persevered with him at the start of the season?

Don’t think you can say that to be honest our problem in a lot of games was breaking teams down and he wouldn’t of helped that

Not sure what the story was behind Worrall and Katic but if it was contractural (can’t see it being down to form, perhaps it was a personal matter) then surely it’ll make Rangers more wary of entering loan deals with target appearances and hefty penalty clauses.