Lee Wallace testimonial

rabc10000

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

It absolutely baffles me how some of our support constantly talk about loyalty, respect and dignity but now here they are trying to diminish, undermine and downplay Lee Wallace even though he has shown nothing but loyalty to us since the day he signed for the club. Bears or not, there are some hypocritical cunts among our support who’s necks you couldn’t mark with a blowtorch. 

Spot on. 

Some on here give Wallace about as much stick for staying as they give the others for leaving.

1 hour ago, Del said:

Are you a fucking moron?

In his time with Rangers Lee Wallace has been injured, according to your source, for 697 days...607 of those days are the most recent "injuries" once of which your source has determined that the injury suffered is "Fitness". Never mind the fact that the club have confirmed he was fit or the fact that he actually played football for Rangers first team during that period? Are you sure I am the one that doesnt know my subject?

Lee Wallace did miss most of the 2017/18 season due to injury but that is the only season he had any injury problems at Rangers and does not deserve any suggestion that he is a "sick note"! 

He had problems the season prior and missed about 10-15 games. Returned to fitness. Got injured again. Missed practically the entire of season after that.  Got fit again. Played one game. Got dropped. Got injured again in January. 

8 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

No testimonial , doesn't deserve hounded , club should have wished him well etc and announced he was gone and everyone moves on 

👍

8 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Thats what I said basically just dif wording

Naw ye didnae

8 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Just seen this 

https://www.change.org/p/Rangers-fc-give-lee-wallace-a-testimonial

Do cunts seriously think he deserves a testimonial? 

IMHO cunt should be hounded however I suspect I just can't keep up with the times. 

Can you spot the difference?

Was the school you went to .... a "special school?"

:UK:

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Wallace was in the peak of his career and he had commanded a 1.5 million transfer fee less than a year before we had our problems.

Whether you think he was “bang average” or not he could easily have got himself a decent move with a pretty hefty signing on fee for himself in 2012 if he wanted it.

Fair enough but the best move he would’ve got is championship down south. We were the biggest it was ever going to get for him and that’s why he stayed thinking he’d be a captain and legend by the time we were back.

Nothing against Wallace, just didn’t rate him that highly and find the legend status he holds with some odd. I’ve always felt If he had anywhere better to be for his lifestyle/career like the rest of them he’d have been gone  

37 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He had problems the season prior and missed about 10-15 games. Returned to fitness. Got injured again. Missed practically the entire of season after that.  Got fit again. Played one game. Got dropped. Got injured again in January. 

In the 2016/17 season he played in 35 games missing 12...had a full pre-season the summer that followed, started the 2017/18 season then got injured and missed the rest of that season...

Its anyones guess how fit he was/wasnt this year, all I know is that the manager said on a number of occasions that Lee Wallace was fit. He seemed to go from "injured" to being on the bench against Ufa...then "injured again" but played against Motherwell. Then "injured again" but played against St Johnstone and was on the bench the few games after.

Im not denying the fact that he has had injury problems recently, but its not fair to call him "sick note" when he has played so many games consistently until the most recent injury and issue with Murty.

4 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Fair enough but the best move he would’ve got is championship down south. We were the biggest it was ever going to get for him and that’s why he stayed thinking he’d be a captain and legend by the time we were back.

Nothing against Wallace, just didn’t rate him that highly and find the legend status he holds with some odd. I’ve always felt If he had anywhere better to be for his lifestyle/career like the rest of them he’d have been gone  

We were the biggest that anybody that left played for and could have dreamt of playing for, didn’t stop them leaving

6 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

We rejected bids off 900k from Championship teams for him.

I'm not Wallaces biggest fan as a player. But find it odd people are going out their way not to praise for staying with us.

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

It absolutely baffles me how some of our support constantly talk about loyalty, respect and dignity but now here they are trying to diminish, undermine and downplay Lee Wallace even though he has shown nothing but loyalty to us since the day he signed for the club. Bears or not, there are some hypocritical cunts among our support who’s necks you couldn’t mark with a blowtorch. 

Actually makes me really angry. They will be the same ones who slated the rats but now sing about McGregor Davis etc and call that wee runt "naisy".

Wallace should be held in the highest echelon in our clubs history. He stayed for the fight when we were on our knees.

4 hours ago, Del said:

Yes he did, but can you honestly say to me that a fully fit Lee Wallace isn't better than Barasic, Halliday or Flanagan at left back?

Ultimately, we will never know how he could have performed in this team/squad, but it doesn't make sense to me , especially during the times we were struggling to fill that position, that he never got a chance!

I think his attempt to run in the few minutes he played earlier this month proved why he was never a pick or regular in the squad.

I think a testimonial is a tad ott , he could have got a move elsewhere so hats off to him for sticking around , good in lower divisions , very average in the SPL, showed a bit of passion and called out an arsehole  for what he is and it basically ended his Rangers career, if there is a testimonial Liverpool away please Waldo , demanding half the ground 👍🏻👌🏻

7 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Just seen this 

https://www.change.org/p/Rangers-fc-give-lee-wallace-a-testimonial

Do cunts seriously think he deserves a testimonial? 

IMHO cunt should be hounded however I suspect I just can't keep up with the times. 

I disagree Rab. 

He may not have the favourite player of the year status, but that's not on. 

The Murty incident was tipping point.  A lot of anger displayed by many for that game with the tainted ones. Much of it was justified though imo. 

Regardless of all that, I was under the impression a player had to be 10 years with a club before being given a testimonial.

I can see why some fans feel he should have one, considering he wasn't really given the chance at a proper send off for showing his loyalty to the club during the admin years. He didn't have to stay, but he did and that was nothing to do with stealing a wage imo. 

Deserves the respect & adulation he receives from the Rangers support but I think the farewell he was given against Hibs was probably about right! 

Whilst I'm a big fan of Wallace & his decision to stick by the club, better & more influential players have left without testimonials so not sure Lee should be gifted one, I also don't know that it would sell which would be a shame! At least this way he leaves with the memory of 50,000 singing his name in his last game for us!