Union Bears

Captain Hilts

2 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Would I be correct in believing that uefa have never before actually singled out a select section of a support for being the sole reason for a partial or full stadium closure?? I certainly can't find any article anywhere at quick glance where they have done so. If not why would we be targeted this way

Do we think they have this time or do we thnk it was the board?

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Fair enough.

I am fine with them choosing to close that section, they had to close a section, it makes sense that it's the section that "lead the singing" that got the brunt of a punishment for singing.

They have been hung out to dry a bit, yes I agree with that.   The board had to be seen to be doing something though.

Someone earlier in the thread made a good point though, that they could have taken 3k tickets away from the general sale and relocated the UB.  I can't argue with that.

I agree mate, they were always going to shut BF1 whether The UB lead the chant or not. 

As Ive said in the thread not to offer them another ticket is childish and as we learn more about this can only lead you to believe the board are after the The UB. 

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

One of the worst things about this whole situation is that we have went from all pretty much ( excuse the pun) snging from the same hymn sheet, to arguing like fuck.

Everyone was getting along well, there was a real feelgood factor about the club and the direction it is heading.

Now it's like we have went back a decade,and we are all fighting each other again.

You can tell by the threads started that some posters saw it as a chance to put the boot in.

20 hours ago, Dickie said:

Show us the proof that Uefa singled out the ub because if this is the case why didn’t they order bf1 closed as they usually do when naming guilty parties. It’s all one having talks wit the ub but what if the singing didn’t originate from them? As has been stated Rangers first was closed down as they were seen as a threat now it is the ub meanwhile you have c1872 and our slo making statements on behalf of our pathetic board and I don’t see this as part of their remit, problem is no one speaks up for the ordinary punter and those that did(or should have)are bought off with a club tie.

There is an absence of proof that UEFA singled out the UB's,  furthermore, I have never alluded to that.

What is clear that the club believe the offending chant started in BF 1, hence why I believe the subsequent retrospective action took place .

The original point I was making is that the original UB statment & the comments of the SLO are contradictory. Perhaps if there wa a minute kept of the meeting that should provide some clarity.

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I wish folk would read the whole thread then go back and quote. 👍👍

You’re (spelt correctly just for gogzy) expecting admin to pay attention to what is going on in here,a lot to ask for. There has been taigs all over the forum for days on end.

2 hours ago, Blumhoilann said:

Great post Reform Bear. Maybe part of the Chairman's strength is the alleged 14k waiting list for STs? They seem happy to throw loyal supporters under the bus by their directive.As CB said earlier,why not offer the fans in BF1 seats elsewhere? I agree,they've been targeted.I'm guessing this closure will cost the Club about £150k,how much has King cost the Club in the never ending rows wi Ashley,that seem impossible to win but hey,don't sing a naughty work or we'll kick you out of the Club you've supported long before King thought he could make money out of it.

It’s going to be a full house. There’s nothing to offer anyone 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

One thing that’s came out of all this that really concerned me is  I’ve been imagining unbelievable atmospheres right through the 90s and early 2000s coz ibrox has never sang until 2006 

Very rarely sings now though.

37 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

One thing that’s came out of all this that really concerned me is  I’ve been imagining unbelievable atmospheres right through the 90s and early 2000s coz ibrox has never sang until 2006 

People just leave it to the UB's now though and have done for years. No-one's saying there was never great atmospheres before they formed but it can't be denied the atmosphere is pish without them now.

19 hours ago, gogzy said:

One of the worst things about this whole situation is that we have went from all pretty much ( excuse the pun) snging from the same hymn sheet, to arguing like fuck.

Everyone was getting along well, there was a real feelgood factor about the club and the direction it is heading.

Now it's like we have went back a decade,and we are all fighting each other again.

Look no further than the board in how they have handled the whole matter. Nothing new there!

Rather than do their fucking job and trust the fans to engender unity with good governance and transparency, they rule by division and have done from day one. A tried and tested strategy by political leaders. 

Good leaders engender trust and unity through openness and clarity and trust grows from that. We are a million miles away from it. This board operate in bigger secrecy than Freemasonary and TBH I understand why, in their continual fuck ups and failure to defend this club. They can't deal with bad news, that if they looked closely enough they would see the root cause is staring each of them in the mirror.

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

It’s going to be a full house. There’s nothing to offer anyone 

They managed to offer tickets to the people in the club deck whose sections have been closed.

They specifically CHOSE not to offer the guys from BF1 an alternative seat.

Shocking decision. 

7 hours ago, Dickie said:

You’re (spelt correctly just for gogzy) expecting admin to pay attention to what is going on in here,a lot to ask for. There has been taigs all over the forum for days on end.

Has there?  have you taken a second to report any of them so we can have a look?  

Nah, much better to just bitch from the sidelines eh.

The UB believe that they are integral to the atmosphere in the stadium & I somewhat agree. I also agree that they aren't entirely responsible for the singing of certain songs at Ibrox and to target them specifically seems unfair, however....

I also think they are the catalyst for much of the singing & song choice in the stadium & in that respect,  where they lead, most follow.

The UB do get given special treatment & the club do use their displays in promoting the club, there is very much a symbiotic relationship for the 2.

The UB must realise the responsibility they carry, given thier role in helping to create the atmosphere. They can very much help to generate the same atmosphere by NOT singing certain songs & if those songs do get started, help to overpower them by singing something else.

Promote plenty of other songs that still celebrate our heritage & traditions but just dont carry the same negative impact.

The club can also do it's duty by clearly defining what they believe would get us punished again, make it clear that those songs are no longer welcome and don't rely on "every one knows what sings we're talking about".

I think everyone who sings the songs we are supposedly not supposed to sing, is guilty in this instance.  But the UB can't keep claiming that it is them, and solely them that bring any and all atmosphere to Ibrox, then take a huff when we get sanctions against us.  They DO bring the atmosphere to home games, they DO stop it being a library, but they also DO dictate almost 100% what songs are sung. 

I think generally they are a good thing, I get annoyed when a song starts outwith them but they stick to their hym sheet and often do their own thing regardless of what is happening elsewhere song wise.

But the bottom line is, we have been warned, we've now been punished, and the punishments will get worse if it doesn't stop . There is no getting away from that regardless of what WE think can and can't be sung.  We need to either change some of our songs, or change some of the words in said songs.  I would go with the latter.  

I do disagree with BF1 being shut for the game.  It should have been a total ballot as to what 3000 seats / sections were closed, and if BF1 was picked out, so be it.  But that obviously didn't happen.