Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Redemption80 said:

Yeah, don't get that the congratulations.

I would grudgingly accept it if this was done by all leagues in Europe at the same time, but when we are doing it first and the whole thing has stank of corruption since the start i really can't.  

I

This.

If this was a blanket call by Uefa. Absolutely - take it and sadly have to go with it.

BUT as we've all noted many times this is being rushed through by one club and one cunt alone; for the favour one club and one cunt alone.

This will play out the way we all suspect it will,  it has so far and will not change.  We will do fuck all, moan and groan a bit to appease fans but they will be awarded their tainted title and we will do fuck all about it.  Then Hertz and Partick will get their reconstruction to stop them from being relegated and we will actually worsen the leagues by moving to 44 clubs in a tin pot country. They will retain playing us and them 4 times to get our money, if Sky pull out suggesting we're not attractive, BT or the corrupt BBC will pay enough money to keep it going.   

The quality of product will reduce by increasing the league size but lets put reconstruction in the hands of those being relegated?  Couldn't make it up. 

They have all fallen over themselves to get this through when people are dying around us, an utterly disgraceful act of self-indulgence for fear of UEFA stepping in and saying "null and void" across the board. There are much more important things to concern ourselves with than this debacle, a laughing stock. Going back to my original point, it is only ending one way. 

Surely SPFL cannot declare the vote complete. They allowed Dundee to change their vote after last Friday at 5pm as it appeared they had 28 days to vote. Surely any other club have the right to change their vote anytime up to that 28 day deadline so in theory a club could change from yes to no. 

10 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

It's put a downer on my brother sending me a pic of my dad tucking into a fish supper from the comfort his lazzeboy chair back in Glasgow. 

It was always going to end this way as regards the Spfl. But I'm still hopeful it's not over. Not by a long chalk. 

Fucking get intae them Rangers. 

I hope you’re right. 

And I just hope Rangers are aware that a significant number of season ticket renewals are dependent on what they do now. 

You want our money? Go out and fucking earn it. 

1 minute ago, Moody Blue said:

This will play out the way we all suspect it will,  it has so far and will not change.  We will do fuck all, moan and groan a bit to appease fans but they will be awarded their tainted title and we will do fuck all about it.  Then Hertz and Partick will get their reconstruction to stop them from being relegated and we will actually worsen the leagues by moving to 44 clubs in a tin pot country. They will retain playing us and them 4 times to get our money, if Sky pull out suggesting we're not attractive, BT or the corrupt BBC will pay enough money to keep it going.   

The quality of product will reduce by increasing the league size but lets put reconstruction in the hands of those being relegated?  Couldn't make it up. 

They have all fallen over themselves to get this through when people are dying around us, an utterly disgraceful act of self-indulgence for fear of UEFA stepping in and saying "null and void" across the board. There are much more important things to concern ourselves with than this debacle, a laughing stock. Going back to my original point, it is only ending one way. 

I guarantee in the near future UEFA does null-and-void every league around the world. BUT legally as ours has been agreed upon and rushed through... they can't touch it.

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

It's also worth mentioning that celtic have been vocal opponents of league reconstruction for years but I wouldn't be surprised to now see them back it in order to get their tainted title

They will accept that 14 team top flight abortion for one season just to get this done. Thatll appease hearts then the following season itll be back to 12. As transparent as fuck whatll happen.

This whole episode has been a farce from the get go and should've been approached with the current global situation of a pandemic in mind. Instead it's been scapegoated and put to the side, so that some clubs can get silverware regardless of league standings/games left to play and for some clubs to get a bargaining chip to get themselves a bit of money.

This is a shame and dark day for Scottish football. As to my knowledge, with the exception of 1 league (the Belgium one if i'm not mistaken) no other country or footballing body has had their league finished not only in a way that benefits and hurts clubs within that body but also in such a unprofessional way. 

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Need to get somewhere to go confirmed, okayed by uefa, and work our 2 year notice period.

Not an option to resign tonight then work on a solution.

Hand notice in tonight then 

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

As to my knowledge, with the exception of 1 league (the Belgium one if i'm not mistaken) no other country or footballing body has had their league finished not only in a way that benefits and hurts clubs within that body but also in such a unprofessional way. 

There's one reason, and one reason only.

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I honestly don’t understand why it’s such an issue not to go. I get people enjoy away games and have shown loyalty beyond words travelling here, there and everywhere - but if you hate the rest of Scottish football the way you say you do then it shouldn’t be an issue taking a season out.

It would kill clubs.

Got to agree if the fans cud just do it for 1 season just support our club  ignore the rest hit them in the pocket.

As they still have to pay for security etc  even if they try and sell direct at reduced  prices it will still hit them over the season.

Archived