Golf

kplfishtank

Great result for Rory McIlroy @ Wells Fargo event in NC .

Coverage ruined by ads every 10 mins Sky are just as culpable for being greedy bastards rather than give a stream that shows the full coverage of each hole easily covered over a 15 minute period .

They'd rather break away after two shots of a par 4 or 5 even happened during the par 3's in what was pretty much an even score between Rory & Zander for the opening front 9.

On 12/05/2024 at 15:53, dummiesoot said:

Handicap dropping like a stone gone from 6.2 in April last year to 2.0 only played for my handicap 10 times in that period 🏌️

What's the secret ? Am at 11.3 just seemed to go up last year but stayed the same the last few weeks. Feel as if am hitting the ball very good but my short game is a pile of shite. 

16 minutes ago, RFCRYAN1872 said:

What's the secret ? Am at 11.3 just seemed to go up last year but stayed the same the last few weeks. Feel as if am hitting the ball very good but my short game is a pile of shite

I think you've answered your own question there. Get practicing that chipping. Or as a high handicapper like me get the putter out from just about anywhere off the green 😂

52 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I think you've answered your own question there. Get practicing that chipping. Or as a high handicapper like me get the putter out from just about anywhere off the green 😂

Went to the chipping area at  strathclyde tonight and actually felt good leaving it, now all the shite will kick in on Saturday during the medal. My putting is actually very decent. Chipping is like a 35 handicapper. 

On 15/05/2024 at 21:07, RFCRYAN1872 said:

What's the secret ? Am at 11.3 just seemed to go up last year but stayed the same the last few weeks. Feel as if am hitting the ball very good but my short game is a pile of shite. 

Concentrated on hitting fairways and given up a bit of distance really that’s about it, certainly not practise as I hardly do any.

56 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Concentrated on hitting fairways and given up a bit of distance really that’s about it, certainly not practise as I hardly do any.

Played pretty badly last night and got one of my better scores due to my shanks scuttling down the middle and not being lost balls, defo something I need to look into doing. 

Could definitely do with going down a club more often too and taking some off it as I'm the typical amateur thinking I can beem the perfect 100% shot on every swing 😂

On 11/05/2024 at 19:51, born a blue nose said:

Just off of the Belfry. Class course, probably ma most enjoyable round to date. 

Pictures are shite never do it justice 😂

IMG_20240511_160305.jpg

IMG_20240511_163754.jpg

IMG_20240511_180350.jpg

IMG_20240511_190333.jpg

Won a Scottish team tournament in 2001 and the National Final was at The Belfry so technically representing Scotland. The Welsh, Irish and Northern Irish met in the bar the evening before and had a beer. Too expensive so we walked to a pub called the Cock Inn in a place called Wishaw about a mile away. £7 for a 4 pint jug of lager. Darts comps and pool comps till closing.

Every one of us was completely hungover on the day of the competition. The English scooshed it. We were third so not last.

All tees were exactly the same as those for the Ryder Cup that should have been played the week before but was cancelled because of 9/11.  Except for 2 because of the long carry over water. I think one was a 220 yard par 3 ? 

We do sometimes wish we hadn't got quite so miraculous the night before. 

One of the Welsh boys fell into a ditch on the way back to the hotel. What a mess he was in. 

1 minute ago, Dickie1963 said:

Won a Scottish team tournament in 2001 and the National Final was at The Belfry so technically representing Scotland. The Welsh, Irish and Northern Irish met in the bar the evening before and had a beer. Too expensive so we walked to a pub called the Cock Inn in a place called Wishaw about a mile away. £7 for a 4 pint jug of lager. Darts comps and pool comps till closing.

Every one of us was completely hungover on the day of the competition. The English scooshed it. We were third so not last.

All tees were exactly the same as those for the Ryder Cup that should have been played the week before but was cancelled because of 9/11.  Except for 2 because of the long carry over water. I think one was a 220 yard par 3 ? 

We do sometimes wish we hadn't got quite so miraculous the night before. 

One of the Welsh boys fell into a ditch on the way back to the hotel. What a mess he was in. 

Aye the par 3s a cracker, I drew the ball from the right, round the side of it pretty shit hot but never really meant it 😂

14 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

PGA has been a crazy tournament but great to watch. Bob MacIntyre has been impressive.

A superb 10 th place finish for Robert MacIntyre the fact he was paired with Justin Rose who moved up into top 5  contention for a few holes never received the due coverage as they moved to show US based players who at that point weren't exactly bursting ahead .

He's developing into a good player and should get to grips with the US circuit .

Once again Sky's continual repeats of shots played whilst at the behest of US TV coverage is a pain in the arse they could easily adopt the BBC strategy of  the groups broadcast in ascending order and still maintain an average of 15 minutes coverage between ad breaks but they took are Ripping the arse right out of.it 

It's been getting worse the last couple of years for PGA events .

On 18/05/2024 at 11:13, born a blue nose said:

Aye the par 3s a cracker, I drew the ball from the right, round the side of it pretty shit hot but never really meant it 😂

What did you shoot mate?

120?

Just got my new Callaway Smoke Max D and Smoke Max Fast 4 hybrid today. Game on now.

2 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

What did you shoot mate?

120?

Just got my new Callaway Smoke Max D and Smoke Max Fast 4 hybrid today. Game on now.

101, was equal with the boy a was playing going into the last n a hit par n he went 2 over. 

That's a shite score a know, but I'd like to think I'd take a good few shots off it if a went round again. 

Going round the par 9 mearns course low 40s consistently now, best av went round is 38. There's definitely a player in here just need to find him 😂😂