Chris Eagles - MultiMerge Thread

Ibroxblue

Too many people need to chomp down on a bit of realism and realise that 'outsiders' don't think like you and me.

They don't see Rangers for tradition or standards, they see it as another wage packet and if they think they can do better, they'll hold tight.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having not been here for a while i found this thread laughable. The amount of people wetting themselves over a player who hadn't even signed, i knew from the off we weren't getting him.

Walter is on a sell before you can buy basis, surprise surprise we sell KT (someone who i fucking rate) and magically we make a bid for a player. KT was forced out the club, he didn't make ludicrous wage demands, the board are a complete fucking joke as is our, and i use this term lightly, 'squad'.

Last season our squad was weak and it's got even worse to a point where it's just pathetic. We need to replace all the players that have left as well as signing new ones on top of that. That's something that aint happening since we are pennyless.

Only positives is that i hope Walter gives youth a chance because we have no other choice and the CL will be brutal for us next season, i dont see a Scottish team being in the CL for a long time after next seasons campaign.

Burnley fan and site editor here.

Hope you are all well.

I just wanted to put a few things straight, so that some of you will understand.

Eagles is earning around £10k per week at Burnley and has we don't need to sell anybody although somebody mentioned that we were having a fire sale we would not sell him unless we got our money back which was close to £2million. The only reason we accepted the offer was because he is in his last year of his contract and has he has only been a bit part player he does not want to stay at Burnley. That will change if he starts playing regularly and we go back up to the Premier.

He is only interested in playing in the Premiership, but he is not good enough. Well he is on his day, but he does not have many of them.

Regarding the fire sale comment. Burnley are debt free and financially secure for many years due to our wage structure and the parachute payments that have doubled. We are getting rid of those players that are now classed as deadwood or coming to the end of their careers. We also have a new manager unfortunately and he is bringing in his own players and happy to offload some of Coyle's signings.

A few of you mentioned Bolton would buy Eagles now.

I doubt it. Coyle soon realised that he had spent money on a player that was not up to it and barely played him in the Premiership. However, on his day like I previously mentioned Eagles is a top player. If he can become more consistant, then he can be a quality top flight player has he is very very talented.

I would suggest that you have avoided a bullet here lads unless he changes his ways.

Hope you are all well.

I just wanted to put a few things straight, so that some of you will understand.

Eagles is earning around £10k per week at Burnley and has we don't need to sell anybody although somebody mentioned that we were having a fire sale we would not sell him unless we got our money back which was close to £2million. The only reason we accepted the offer was because he is in his last year of his contract and has he has only been a bit part player he does not want to stay at Burnley. That will change if he starts playing regularly and we go back up to the Premier.

He is only interested in playing in the Premiership, but he is not good enough. Well he is on his day, but he does not have many of them.

Regarding the fire sale comment. Burnley are debt free and financially secure for many years due to our wage structure and the parachute payments that have doubled. We are getting rid of those players that are now classed as deadwood or coming to the end of their careers. We also have a new manager unfortunately and he is bringing in his own players and happy to offload some of Coyle's signings.

I doubt it. Coyle soon realised that he had spent money on a player that was not up to it and barely played him in the Premiership. However, on his day like I previously mentioned Eagles is a top player. If he can become more consistant, then he can be a quality top flight player has he is very very talented.

I would suggest that you have avoided a bullet here lads unless he changes his ways.

Thanks for that post (tu)

He stated in the papers down here just before Coyle left late last year that he wanted out of Burnley because he believes many of the Prem clubs would want him. None of them have come in for him although Everton and Fulham kept being mentioned.

Eagles thinks he is a world beater because he has played for Manure and seriously thinks he is the next Beckham. He is talented, but nowhere near good enough for his ego.

If anybody in the Premier come in for him he will go even if it is Blackpool. He basically justs wants to be on TV.

He stated in the papers down here just before Coyle left late last year that he wanted out of Burnley because he believes many of the Prem clubs would want him. None of them have come in for him although Everton and Fulham kept being mentioned.

Eagles thinks he is a world beater because he has played for Manure and seriously thinks he is the next Beckham. He is talented, but nowhere near good enough for his ego.

If anybody in the Premier come in for him he will go even if it is Blackpool. He basically justs wants to be on TV.

SNN0825G_682_840961a.jpg

Doesn't surprise me.

Nice for someone to come on and give us a good insight inti the player!

I was happy to be linked with him but now Reading that I think we have indeed dodged a bullett!

I could see this chancer hanging about all the trendy bars with mcgregor rather than concentrating on his football!

The boy doesn't realise what a good platform the old firm can give you!

Look at bougherra , going nowhere in charlton reserves , now being chased by some good clubs

Nice for someone to come on and give us a good insight inti the player!

I was happy to be linked with him but now Reading that I think we have indeed dodged a bullett!

I could see this chancer hanging about all the trendy bars with mcgregor rather than concentrating on his football!

The boy doesn't realise what a good platform the old firm can give you!

Look at bougherra , going nowhere in charlton reserves , now being chased by some good clubs . We do well with a good offer and he goes on to better his career and the fans have gave him a good send off

Hope you are all well.

Cheers for the post. (tu)

The more I hear about/see this geezer, the more I feel you're right.

I really don;t think this should be in BD, however since it is, do we really want a guy that has done fuck all in the game, yet drives a Lambo? Seems to me his self importance is more important than actually wanting to achieve anything in the game, so I am glad we dodged this chancer.

I know we gave him a good offer , but walter obviously thought he wasn't worth giving an extra few grand for

We have saved wages on .....

Ferguson

Novo

thomson

rothen

s smith

c dailley

Boyd

beasley

Where the fuck is all the money ?

I know we gave him a good offer , but walter obviously thought he wasn't worth giving an extra few grand for

We have saved wages on .....

Ferguson

Novo

thomson

rothen

s smith

c dailley

Boyd

beasley

Where the fuck is all the money ?

if daillys there we could add in darcheville and mendes, maybe some more

i think before bonus' that looks around 160 thousand pounds PER WEEK off our wage bill in/over/during the last 2 years, thats 8.3million per year saved on wages and maybe a million or 2 on bonus' too and not one single player signed!

yes we are downsizing, but the fans are still buying season tickets and strips in their thousands, companies are still sponsoring us, weve still got big bucks coming in from all over the place.

ive stated all along that i wont panic over not signing anyone, we have plenty time, (small side note) this wage cap bullshit makes me sick, it will force us to lose davis, mcgregor and bougherra in the near future if things dont change, which they dont look like changing

just how much have we to downsize? till our wage bill is the equavalent of a Hearts or Hibs, even though our turnover is between 5 and 10 times theirs!? :anguish:

weve been told we cannot resign any players whos deals are up next year, that will be around another 3 - 4 million saved on those wages too and Ally will be left with a squad full of kids and probably less than 10 first team regulars :(

somethings not right, obviously, we all know that, i just hope the club reinvest some of those huge wages weve saved, on players good enough to take us forward, not stop gaps, not short term fixes, no more broadfoots, velickas or mccullochs, no more costly mistakes, but proper players.

the money the club has saved in the last few years and money we will save next year too is incredible

i would love to know what our current debt level is and what it is likely to be when Ally takes over

anyone know what our current wage level is? before we lose the 8 next season

A rumour doing the rounds in the Burnley forums is that his agent advised him to turn down Rangers offer with the belief we would come back with a better one. One of the posters claims that Eagles is interested in getting some CL experience.

Ha well he will be waiting a while then.

A rumour doing the rounds in the Burnley forums is that his agent advised him to turn down Rangers offer with the belief we would come back with a better one. One of the posters claims that Eagles is interested in getting some CL experience.

Ha well he will be waiting a while then.

yep even Sunderland made it clear they are not interested

wonder if he will crawl back

• 2 weeks later...