Chris Eagles - MultiMerge Thread

Ibroxblue

He didnt want to sign for us get over it! Ahttp://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=1&t=156145&qpid=1058108513t this point in time given the way our finances are, id rather not waste our money on the likes of eagles! Play witts on the right sign conway (1m) for the left and Gomis (1m) and get Brandon on a free!

Who the fuck is Brandon?

Think hes on about Pablo Brandan from Unirea?

Yes thats the cnut

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sun's take on it:

CHRIS EAGLES will jet out to Singapore with Burnley - and leave Rangers high and dry.

The Clarets wide man left Gers chiefs stunned when he rejected an offer believed to be worth £15,000-a-week basic - and demanded five grand MORE.

Rangers had agreed a fee of £1.5million with the Turf Moor outfit before opening contract talks with the player.

They were confident he'd be jetting to Australia with them for their pre-season tour next week.

Now he'll head to Singapore with Burnley boss Brian Laws and his squad after rejecting an offer which would have seen him double his Clarets wage.

SunSport can reveal the bumper financial deal which was sensationally snubbed.

I understand that Gers chief executive Martin Bain tabled a deal worth £15,000-a-week to the 24-year-old.

That's twice as much as the £7,000-a-week the ex-Manchester United kid currently earns.

He was on £14,000-a-week when Burnley were in the Premier League last season but those terms have been halved now they're back in the Championship.

Rangers felt the package they were able to offer would be good enough to land the winger. But former England Under-21 starlet Eagles demanded an extra five grand to take his weekly wage to a whopping £20,000.

Rangers were left stunned with his hardline stance, especially given he'd have earned bonuses on top of their basic offer.

But after a stand-off Eagles and his advisors refused to buckle before walking away from the move yesterday afternoon.

The official Burnley website released a statement which confirmed Eagles "had decided a move to Glasgow Rangers was not in his best interests. A fee had been agreed but he was unable to agree personal terms."

Gers will now look elsewhere to bolster their squad before they jet out on their pre-season training camp in Sydney.

But the loss of Eagles has been a hammer blow to boss Walter Smith and his plans for the new campaign. He's desperate to find an attacking wide player and saw Eagles as the perfect fit.

Smith personally got involved in talks with Eagles at Ibrox on Wednesday afternoon.

He was hopeful an agreement could be reached - but quickly realised Eagles was NOT certain to sign.

Last night it emerged there was interest from Sunderland. But Eagles has just 12 months to run on his Burnley contract and looks set to let that run out.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3056646/Golden-Eagles.html#ixzz0tnPPL92v

He can go fuck his self then we offer him a wage rise European football and the opportunity to win trophies every year and e knocks it back .Money grabbing cunt you wonder where the ambition has went in football at times

This is the bit that fucks me off thank fuck we never signed him well done bain for standing your ground. againt this dick

Unfortunately this is the world we now live in.

In the past we have usually always had to pay players over the odds in money / wages to come play in Scotland. The attraction has always been to be play for a great club. The major issue is that they are taking a massive downward move in quality.

Do you think Eagles would move to St Mirren, Dundee Utd or the Sheep even if they offered 20k per week? I think not!

Eagles and his type of decisions will unfortunately become the norm as our wage structure inhibits our ability to overcome our pish league despite the lure and glamour of regular Euro play plus playing for or great club.Youth and older players coming to ends of contracts will be the go for some time I think. Also obscure players liek Welcome or his type. More Sebo's, Stensas types

why do people choose to believe what they want when they read things in the paper , we have no idea if this is true , only people in rangers eagles himselfs and his agent will reallt know whats been offered

well then the question you have to ask yourself is why did the move fall through when both clubs had agreed a fee ? the only logical answer im sure most of us can think of is that he was asking for higher wages.

atleast this move shows us that rangers are in the transfer market and are willing to spend money on players.

but I would rather have someone who would rather play for the jersey and knows about the club and our financial state, than somebody who is only intrested in making as much money as possible before he`s 30.

Fuck all those English mongo players and their ridiculous wage demands, Rangers should stop focussing on the English competitions and look elsewhere.

France, Germany, Holland,... all have decent to good players who would jump at the opportunity to play for Rangers and in the Champions League.

Being honest, until the last week or so when his name appeared in various red tops linked with us and 'them' - I hadn't even heard of this Eagles guy, so his decision not to join RFC means sweet fuck-all to me.

I will however watch with interest who he does join, either now or within the winter and summer 2011 transfer windows when his Burnley contract runs out (assuming he doesn't move on now).

I'm willing to bet it won't be to a club in the EPL nor will it be to a European club playing regularly in the CL or Europa League.

Eagles - the no-mark with no ambition.

Fuck him! :angry:

why do people choose to believe what they want when they read things in the paper , we have no idea if this is true , only people in rangers eagles himselfs and his agent will reallt know whats been offered

well then the question you have to ask yourself is why did the move fall through when both clubs had agreed a fee ? the only logical answer im sure most of us can think of is that he was asking for higher wages.

or maybe he didnt wanna move his family up to here, the term "failed to agree personal terms" will just be the phrase used by the newshounds when a player doesnt sign for a club after a fee had been agreed

they know as much as we do (infact RM had the eagles move, along with the record before SSN did) about moves failing, and until we are told otherwise theres no point in arguing about it

Being honest, until the last week or so when his name appeared in various red tops linked with us and 'them' - I hadn't even heard of this Eagles guy, so his decision not to join RFC means sweet fuck-all to me.

I will however watch with interest who he does join, either now or within the winter and summer 2011 transfer windows when his Burnley contract runs out (assuming he doesn't move on now).

I'm willing to bet it won't be to a club in the EPL nor will it be to a European club playing regularly in the CL or Europa League.

Eagles - the no-mark with no ambition.

Fuck him! :angry:

Was there ever a realistic chance of him joining up though?

Deals are usually thrashed out with the agent beforehand, with the facilities tour taken before signing.

It's a strange way to do things, and not the first time that we would have seen a stunt of this nature.

To be fair, I can't understand the outcry in this thread.

He's a decent player, £1.3m is a decent price and I think he's what we needed. However, we have a set wage structure at the club and if Eagles wanted more then fair enough. He's entitled to ask for it and we're entitled to say no.

We'll move on. We know there's money there now and hopefully it will be used wisely. I forget how fickle some people are though, Eagles was a world beater until he said no and now he's not really that good. Bullard was shite when he was being linked with the scum, now he's not that bad because he's linked with us.

No need to panic, no need to worry. It's nothing to do with us not being able to afford a Championship player, it's to do with us not being able to compete with Premiership clubs who get £25m for finishing 14th in their league.

My only worry is - why didn't the club request a ballpark figure from Eagles before bringing him up here?

I'm not suprised at the outcome of this. I don't know why we continue to chase British based players, they certainly don't come 'cheap'. So we lose out on a signing target, who next :anguish:

The guy didn't sign because of personal terms Martin Bain has already came out and said it.

Stop whining its one player we have not got due to him not wanting to win any trophies in life. We will obviously go after more players so stop moaning about one guy we haven't got its not the end of the world and its not the end of Rangers.

A chance to play champions league or earn an extra £5k or so a wk at Wigan/Bolton when you already own a lambourghini. ? I know what I'd be doing

Can't expect a non-Rangers fan to think like you though.

Simples, the club needs to stick to their guns when it comes to a wage cap, I'm sure his agent and himself knew what our wage cap would be, so either we offered less than that per week and he wanted the top wage possible, or we did offer the top package and either himself or his agent tried to push their luck.

Anyway, it's time to move on and concentrate on other possible targets.

The guy didn't sign because of personal terms Martin Bain has already came out and said it.

Stop whining its one player we have not got due to him not wanting to win any trophies in life. We will obviously go after more players so stop moaning about one guy we haven't got its not the end of the world and its not the end of Rangers.

Just about sums it up (tu)

He will be lucky to finish his career with a league cup winners medal, but at least he'll have a few extra grand in the bank to tell his grandchildren about.

To be fair, I can't understand the outcry in this thread.

He's a decent player, £1.3m is a decent price and I think he's what we needed. However, we have a set wage structure at the club and if Eagles wanted more then fair enough. He's entitled to ask for it and we're entitled to say no.

My only worry is - why didn't the club request a ballpark figure from Eagles before bringing him up here?

Well said Papa.

Rangers probably thought they'd be a cert if they offered him 1k a week more than he had at Burnley plus showing him around Ibrox the Facilites they most likely thought he's be wooed by it all. Obviously not, annoyed we didn't get him 24 and he was fairly decent.

At the very least some of the younger guys will get a chance. I'm confident they can do a job for us. Although, that's just if we don't sign someone! Theres still time folks.

this wage cap policy could be the difference between first and second

guess the board dont think it makes much difference with no guarenteed champions league money if we win the league

Sunderland don't want him.....just have to stay with the mighty Burnley then ;)

Sunderland insist they have no interest in signing Chris Eagles after the Burnley midfielder rejected a move to Rangers.

The Clarets agreed a fee with Rangers earlier in the week, only for the 24-year-old to decide a move to Ibrox was not 'in his best interests'.

The Black Cats have subsequently been linked with a bid for Eagles, who has only 12 months remaining on his contract at Turf Moor.

However, Sunderland's assistant manager Eric Black has ruled out a swoop, telling the Lancashire Telegraph: "We have no interest in him."

SSN

this wage cap policy could be the difference between first and second

guess the board dont think it makes much difference with no guarenteed champions league money if we win the league

1st .... his wage cap thing is a good thing .. will protect the club from mercenaries ... in the long run.

2nd ... i can't believe this thread is still running.