Chris Eagles - MultiMerge Thread

Ibroxblue

It all makes sense now.

On the day Rangers sell a good player they leak a story that we are after a player to appease the fans, even get him up here but the key factor is??

Did AJ and co already know we could not afford him?

We could not afford to keep Thompson, but we could afford to bid for a EPL player?

Smells a bit funny to me.

Lots of things in life smell funny.

:craphead:

Just think about it for a minute.

We cant afford to keep a SPL player, but we can afford to get a EPL player?

Hes not an EPL players hes a Championship player and hes only on 15k a week.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt MacArthur will be and Murray park soon I think this is a stick on transfer. :anguish:

Most likely but he wont be the signing instead of Eagles.

McArthur will be Thomsons replacment probably and they're will be another winger instead of Eagles.

No doubt MacArthur will be and Murray park soon I think this is a stick on transfer. anguish.gif

McArthur will be Thomsons replacment probably and they're will be another winger instead of Eagles.

McArthur would be a good signing.

Surely when we had a fee agreed we contacted his agent and gave him a rough figure before they travelled up?

I think Bolton/Sunderland/ A N Other have let their interest become known and he has used that to lever a few more grand out of us and we didn't budge.

Disappointing of course but hopefully it will teach us not to touch any EPL player until our finances are sorted. We should be targeting younger players in the Dutch/Belgian or similar leagues and move them on in 2-3 years hopefully for a profit.

Unfortunatley we disposed of our domestic and international scouting network to cut costs :anguish:

No doubt MacArthur will be and Murray park soon I think this is a stick on transfer. anguish.gif

McArthur would be a good signing.

I think that too and a cheap one at that.

Everyone seems to not rate him very much though.

Fair enough, we offered what we though he was worth, he's obviously asking for what he thinks he's worth in the current market, clearly the two dont match so lets just move on.

I think some people really have to start getting it into their heads that Rangers are just not that big a draw any more.

In the past we could make up for the shit standard of league by offering high wages, now we cant do that. I think Eagles will move to Bolton, and 6 Champions League games against the like of Unirea aren't much of a draw when a player can play in the Premiership against Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs etc.

If a player is not a Rangers fan, I just cant see why they would come to us unless they are a young player using us as a stepping stone. We're just going to have to be a bit more creative with our transfer targets.

Although I wasn't spunking in my pants like some people were over the prospect of signing him, I was looking forward to seeing a proper winger play in side for a change.

But, I wouldn't have broken the bank for him, and I think Bain/Smith have to be respected for not bowing down to his wage demands. Had it been a higher profile player then who knows, maybe they would have offered that little more, but lets face it, however good he maybe could've been for us, he has achieved NOTHING in the game so far.... so why should we bend over for him?

He's come across as a big time charlie IMO, and if that is the case, then we are better off without him.

Lets hope he comes to regret this decision come May when we are parading the SPL trophy around Ibrox once more

It all makes sense now.

On the day Rangers sell a good player they leak a story that we are after a player to appease the fans, even get him up here but the key factor is??

Did AJ and co already know we could not afford him?

We could not afford to keep Thompson, but we could afford to bid for a EPL player?

Smells a bit funny to me.

They wouldnt do that mate, plus Eagles was only on 15k pw we can afford that.

Why wouldn't they do that? Have they never stitched up the fans before?

The club are cutting the debt and the wage bill. Get used to this sort of stunt.

One average player turns the opportunity of signing us down and all of a sudden the board is in melt down. :lol:

"There are plenty more fish in the sea" or "ten-a-penny" are two particular phrases which spring to mind...

There is still plenty of time for us to sign a player or two, so everyone calm down!

:lol:

British Players are just greedy bastards for money nowadays. The English have ruined the sport, Early 90s no English teams could compete with Rangers in the transfer market. When it was on a level playing field, when teams spent their gate receipts and merchandise income. Thanks to sky its fucked the game up, even first division players who think there worth more than their worth is fucking us off. Greedy bastards.

Rangers should go to Romania and places like that. That wee team who skelped us 4-1 at Ibrox in the CL? Forget how to spell their name,lol. The Romanian champions? Their top player was 300 grand signing and he was outstanding. Fuck these greedy English and look elsewhere.

Eagles has asked for money rangers cant afford to give any player, so I am happy that the club are being sensible about it and just looking elsewere. we need to work within our budgets lads, if that means losing out on number 1 targets then so be it.

as i said the other night it was a bit strange how he was going home to think about it .

yet we where all led to believe by stories and reports coming out of murray park, that everything was rosy and deal was nearly done . :angry:

SO during the contract talks,they either knew they hadnt offered him enough then or eagles has went away and said hey these guys want me that much im gonna chance my arm here ..

one way or another it stinks tbh.

One average player turns the opportunity of signing us down and all of a sudden the board is in melt down. :lol:

"There are plenty more fish in the sea" or "ten-a-penny" are two particular phrases which spring to mind...

There is still plenty of time for us to sign a player or two, so everyone calm down!

:lol:

Yeah its amazing how he became a world beater the minute he was linked with us when in reality he has spent a large part of his career so far being shuffled around on loan to various crap teams.

I'm not too fussed about missing out, for all we know he was asking for 25 or 30 grand a week.

Not in the least bit surprised. I said all along that we won't be signing anyone and we will see a midfield of Davis-Edu-McCulloch-Fleck/Naismith/Lafferty once again.

The truth is we don't have that pulling power anymore of past years when it comes to signing players. Players would rather join a mid table EPL club and get £25,000 a week or stay in the Championship than move to the SPL.

Same old shit when it comes to us signing players. We tried but it just wasn't to be :rolleyes:

Its not that we dont have the pulling power anymore its the fact we have no cash.

We can offer a certain wage and we aint going over it.

Stop all this pish about we cant get players anymore when its clear we are fucked financially and will need to find a bargain.

Hopefully we can get out of this mess soon and start spending without wage caps etc.

Its not that we dont have the pulling power anymore its the fact we have no cash.

Stop all this pish about we cant get players anymore when its clear we are fucked financially and will need to find a bargain.

Hopefully we can get out of this mess soon and start spending without wage caps etc.

Just look at Liverpool! Their fans are on their knees praying that a Saudi comes in for them. Rangers, one of the most famous and biggest clubs on the planet fucking crippled over 30 million debt whilst Man City spend 250 million. The game is fucked mate.

Yeah, there's a simply equation though...

No cash = No pulling power...

Yeah, there's a simply equation though...

No cash = No pulling power...

You know what i mean :lol:.

We have no cash so we cant match wage demands but that will change once we are out of this mess.

I meant like the CL and winning trophies etc.

People are making out as if we are fucked and cant sign a player anymore when its simple that we don't have the cash just now.