Kenny Miller to leave in January?

grfc1975

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont see it happening but if he did want to go I couldnt argue with him wanting to. He has to look out for himself and this will be his last big contract. The fact Rangers havent bn able to make a deal with him yet speaks volumes about how badly we need this takeover.

Well, it (the situation) be read as it's in both of our interests for Kenny to move on. With Jelavic returning who imho offers us a Prso/Boyd in one, we will still win the league. Kenny this year, has been sensational though. Has to be said. (tu)

But no one is bigger than the team. Not fussed either way to be honest. IF Kenny is the difference between us and that mob from the east, then we are in far bigger trouble than anyone would have you believe.

Just a paper trying to sell papers as per which is is probably more true than anything else. Haven't had any fitba' for a while.. so... go with a story that has the league's leading scorer offski.

Nonsense

papac , miller , Davis etc have all been offered new contracts

add in broadfoot , Alexander , mcculloch signing new deals already , where do you get the bank withholding deals

boyd was a lying bastard and always knew he was going but never had the bottle to tell us and blamed it on the clubs struggles

so bain and miller were lying when they talked about the two contract offers miller has had.

If miller wants more money and we can't afford it then he is free to leave, considering how well he has performed over the last three years he should go with our thanks.

no its similar to boyd they have been taken of the table.

the story looks like a walter plant to let us know the bank are playing silly buggers again

stays

By GARETH LAW

Published: Today

Add a comment Add a comment (0)

RSS Share it Email Print

KENNY MILLER last night edged closer to an Ibrox exit - as Rangers launched a bid to keep Stevie Naismith.

While talks to hold on to 19-goal ace Miller, whose contract is up next summer, hit the rocks a big-bucks effort was being made to tie down Scotland star Naisy on a new contract until 2015.

Now gutted Gers boss Walter Smith is facing the prospect of losing Miller in the January transfer window.

It's understood the talks on Miller's proposed two-year extension are doomed to failure now and that will alert predators from England and abroad when the transfer window opens.

Gers boss-in-waiting Ally McCoist, though, is desperate to prevent Naismith - who has 18 months left on his deal - joining Miller on the way out.

The Ibrox club have tabled a deal designed to keep 24-year-old Naismith at the club until 2015.

They are willing to offer him a long-term extension of at least four years after a stunning start to the season.

Naismith has been one of the most consistent performers in Smith's side both in the SPL and Champions League.

His form has also seen him become a regular in Craig Levein's Scotland team and he grabbed his first goal in the defeat to world champions Spain in October.

Those displays have alerted sides south of the border.

But McCoist is a fan of the former Kilmarnock kid's talents too. It's been made clear that Naismith is seen as a key part of the future success of the club.

Takeover talks with potential buyer Craig Whyte have delayed the club doing anything concrete with Naismith.

But it's believed they hope to move quickly in the coming weeks to iron out a deal.

Meanwhile, Smith is happy to have dodged a bigger fixture pile-up.

Tomorrow's lunchtime clash at Inverness WILL go ahead.

And Smith said: "We want to be getting games under our belts and we want to be playing again.

"We've got a busy enough period approaching without having it being made busier because we have more matches to rearrange."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3269744/Kenny-goes-Naisy-stays.html

If he stays he stays...If he goes he goes. the Rangers will carry on as before.

I hope he stays, but if he goes for one more big payday, then good luck to him.

Could anyone blame him if he did leave for one last big pay day? I'd probably do it if I was in his position. He's not as big a blue nose as he's been made out to be in the past.

If this stroy was just about Miller leaving then I might believe it but I can't fathom why they find the need to mention the bank demanding cuts at the business end of the season?

As I posted earlier we are in a much better financial position thanks to the CL income, have gave new contracts to Broadfoot, Alexander and McCulloch, have reduced the debt, are in a better position with Lloyds and could potentially have new owners in the near future.

:lol:

The Daily Rhebel at it again

Wonder how it made it on Kiddyfiddlestreet before any of the allegedly DR friendly websites like FF, RM or VB :rolleyes:

Not bothered if he goes anyway, im almost convinced hes off, which im not bothered about, but the bank statement....:lol: There is no limit to the bile papers will write about us!

Weve lost much better players than Kenny Miller and went onto win everything, we will do the same again.

The firesale stories will be out soon, followed by takeover collapse, debt bigger than we thought, tax case moved forward, bougherra wanting out, davis wanting out, mcgregor unhappy.....all the usual tripe from the rags to try and unsettle The Champions!

You should start a thread listing those then tick them off as they get to press and once again when they're disproven.

Could anyone blame him if he did leave for one last big pay day? I'd probably do it if I was in his position. He's not as big a blue nose as he's been made out to be in the past.

Kenny Miller isn't a bluenose if it's taken in the context of being a Rangers supporter.

Kenny has never tried to hide the fact that his first love as a supporter is with Hibs, but he certainly has a great affection for us as a professional footballer can have for a club he never supported as a youth.

I've always been a fan of Kenny Miller since I first seen him score for us against Killie in August 2000 and I was very disappointed he was shoved out the door in 2001, so when he came back to us in 2008, I was delighted he did so even allowing for his shirt grabbing exercise when he scored against us for the scum, so if he goes (which I'm not sure he will) I wish him all the best, because I love players like Kenny Miller, not because he is a great goalscorer against SPL teams (like Boyd) but because he works his guts out for the Rangers cause as a professional footballer should do. (unlike Boyd)

And that's all I ask of players...Do your very best for the club that's paying your wages.

If the rumour that Miller is leaving but Naismith is staying is true, i'm fine with it

Naismith is a much cleverer player than Miller and someone who i think will be a brilliant partner for Jelavic

It's weird, despite his goals, i've actually gone off Miller this season. His all round game has been shite and he's become the exact type of forward i dislike - the poacher who does little else. Naismith has been the one impressing me and i'd much rather he stayed than Miller

We've lost bigger and better players than Miller, if a new contract can't be agreed then getting some money for him would make sense, as long as a replacement can be brought in and the takeover could make that very possible.

It's good to see we've tried to keep him but at the end of the day no-one is bigger than the club, we can only stick to offering players wages that we can afford too.

I would rather play a half fit James Beattie than bring back a shitebag like Kris Boyd.

I hope he never steps foot inside Ibrox again!

He's already been back as a fan i'm sure i heard. :sherlock:

Can't be serious with the Beattie comment though Amac, subsiding the anger towards Boyd and you must see he'd be a much better option than a 32 year old journeyman who hasn't managed to get fully fit in nearly 6 months of being here.