Boxing and MMA

Lots of boxing this weekend.

James DeGale fights on channel 5 while Huck-Afolabi is on BoxNation.

Early hours of the morning there is Maidana-Lopez on BoxNation and Dawson-Stevenson on Sky Sports.

Anyone know of any good boxing podcasts to download on my phone for work?

I enjoy the weekly toe to toe podcast hosted by Skys Ed Robinson and Spencer Fearon. http://www.skysports.com/podcast/0,20494,26084,00.html This week they chat about James DeGale and Chisora. Another is HBO Boxing podcast where you can listen to full commentary of old bouts. https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/hbo-boxing/id265631612

Alvarez doesn't throw enough punches to beat Mayweather in my opinion. If he goes in there just looking to land one big shot then the fight is going to be incredibly one-sided.

Alvarez won't, he believes he's a boxing purist. He boxed very well vs Trout but alot of defensive stuff & head movement that he done was just for show. A bit like a footballer doing pointless step-overs.

I was convinced if the fight happened that Alvarez would knock Floyd out. His power is outstanding at 154 and he has the skills to get the shots home & cut off the ring (nearly all his opponents have resorted to running).

The catchweight however is making me hesitant to pick Canelo. He had a catchweight of 150 for Matthew Hatton and couldn't get down below 151.5 and that was about 3 years ago. He's 23 and filling out, i was already starting to think 154 was getting to much and he needed to move to middleweight at 160. Alot of people have been critical of his stamina in his last couple of fights, which again i think is to do with the amount of dehydrating & draining he's doing to reach 154.

With catchweights you can never tell if they have an effect or not until the guy gets between the ropes, but it could ruin a great fight if Canelo has weight & hydration issues from the start from boiling down to 152.

Alvarez won't, he believes he's a boxing purist. He boxed very well vs Trout but alot of defensive stuff & head movement that he done was just for show. A bit like a footballer doing pointless step-overs.

I was convinced if the fight happened that Alvarez would knock Floyd out. His power is outstanding at 154 and he has the skills to get the shots home & cut off the ring (nearly all his opponents have resorted to running).

The catchweight however is making me hesitant to pick Canelo. He had a catchweight of 150 for Matthew Hatton and couldn't get down below 151.5 and that was about 3 years ago. He's 23 and filling out, i was already starting to think 154 was getting to much and he needed to move to middleweight at 160. Alot of people have been critical of his stamina in his last couple of fights, which again i think is to do with the amount of dehydrating & draining he's doing to reach 154.

With catchweights you can never tell if they have an effect or not until the guy gets between the ropes, but it could ruin a great fight if Canelo has weight & hydration issues from the start from boiling down to 152.

:lol:

Alvarez doesn't throw enough punches to beat Mayweather in my opinion. If he goes in there just looking to land one big shot then the fight is going to be incredibly one-sided.

This^^^

Mayweather is going to put on a master class of defensive skills and pot shot him all night

Not sure his power is outstanding to be honest. It's good, but I'd say Floyd has faced harder hitters than Alvarez in his career.

He's not exactly fast either and he doesn't use his jab an awful lot - two components many say are the way to beat Floyd.

It's the best fight out there that can be made right now for Mayweather, but I don't care how much he has regressed Pacquiao would still be the toughest fight for Floyd.

Not sure his power is outstanding to be honest. It's good, but I'd say Floyd has faced harder hitters than Alvarez in his career.

He's not exactly fast either and he doesn't use his jab an awful lot - two components many say are the way to beat Floyd.

It's the best fight out there that can be made right now for Mayweather, but I don't care how much he has regressed Pacquiao would still be the toughest fight for Floyd.

His power is very good. Take Lopez for instance, Victor Ortiz hit Lopez with everything he had and couldn't budge him. Couple of months later, Canelo slapped him around the ring like a man beating his wife. For me, that's an indication of the power difference between Victor Ortiz, who is touted as one of the biggest hitters at 147 & Canelo. The only fighter who Floyd has faced that is a bigger hitter is maybe Mosley who hurt him in round 2, but he was well past it. Chop-chop was ab ig hitter but that was 140, this is 154.

Canelo is pretty fast, not as fast as Floyd but still has decent hand speed, and is a pretty heavy-handed combo puncher.

imo there's a couple ways to beat Floyd. Castillo beat him, and a rangey outside fighter is probably the best suited to the job, in a boring fight. Paul Williams for example, at 147, if he opted to just jab and move, could outpoint him. Canelo & Pacquiao is the other way, they are both technically inferior, but explosive enough to stop anyone in their weight classes. I think Canelo needs a big punch, he's good enough to find it, like i say though, the catchweight is a curveball if Canelo looks fucked.

aye just seen that as well should be a good one! young Fury looked quite handy as well!

Fury has a face you wouldn't tire of smashing wae a meat cleaver. People with speech problems should be locked up until they get it sorted

But Haye will KO him of that I'm sure. He has a glass chin