Boxing and MMA

3 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Shut it ya roaster

:lol:

I was referencing something from earlier in the thread, I got told to fly over and wank off mcgregor cause I mentioned it being an easy fight.  I  just assumed you would have read it and knew what I was meaning. 

Just now, Super1872 said:

:lol:

I was referencing something from earlier in the thread, I got told to fly over and wank off mcgregor cause I mentioned it being an easy fight.  I  just assumed you would have read it and knew what I was meaning. 

That's how you should have responded to them mate.

Just now, ScottBF2 said:

That's how you should have responded to them mate.

Haha nah I've nae time for Internet fights,  especially at half 6 in the morning.

Was an easy fight for mcgregor,  I get why folk don't like him but to be honest I quite like a bit of arrogance in a fighter if they can back it up.   

Just a pity he's Irish as fuck. 

Just now, Super1872 said:

Haha nah I've nae time for Internet fights,  especially at half 6 in the morning.

Was an easy fight for mcgregor,  I get why folk don't like him but to be honest I quite like a bit of arrogance in a fighter if they can back it up.   

Just a pity he's Irish as fuck. 

He's a champion and he's confident in his abilities. Breath of fresh air compared to all the fake friendships that go on. He doesn't give a fuck what people think of him.

Well well well. That was like a man vs a boy. He totally bullied Alvarez and wobbled him any time he even got close to connecting with a left. 

At this point I'd usually say that Khabib would destroy him... but the fucker keeps proving everyone wrong :lol: 

if Johnson could wobble Khabib then he'd have no chance if McGregor landed. 

Great card otherwise. That knock out from Romero was :anguish: 

I dunno how I was surprised, Conor seems to dominate these brawler type wrestlers with ease. I doubt there will be many to challenge him at 155 as it's a division full of those brawler types who lack the stand-up to compete. I think the most interesting match for Conor is actually Korean Superboy, who is a very similar style in regards to speed and accuracy in striking, but it might be a few fights too early for Choi. 

4 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I'll ask again because it's been lost in the shuffle but has McGregor ever said anything rabid?

His persona is a moneymaker and it's completely understandable to dislike him for that. As far as him being a proud Irishman, who honestly cares?

I can't think of anything that rabid certainly.

He did say fuck the queen :lol:

But that was amidst him defending himself for wearing a tiny poppy badge and the taigs were criticising him for it

2DF0D05800000578-0-image-m-13_1446206111

He's just a brash shit talker as you say, that's pretty much it.

Rubs a lot of people the wrong way but god damn it sells.

People love him and tune in. People hate him and tune in to see him get his ass beat. Win win for his bank balance :lol:

Lefties (not the oleg type) are just better than righties its simple. 

Look at all the left footed footballers too, cant think of any thats not had a rasper of a shot too. Eother its highlighted because of the rarity or it is actually a thing where you can produce a little extra edge with the left of your body if born left handed/footed. 

:)

9 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Lefties (not the oleg type) are just better than righties its simple. 

Look at all the left footed footballers too, cant think of any thats not had a rasper of a shot too. Eother its highlighted because of the rarity or it is actually a thing where you can produce a little extra edge with the left of your body if born left handed/footed. 

:)

Im left handed

GIF--Staring-Look-Looking-wonder-wonderi

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

I can't think of anything that rabid certainly.

He did say fuck the queen :lol:

But that was amidst him defending himself for wearing a tiny poppy badge and the taigs were criticising him for it

2DF0D05800000578-0-image-m-13_1446206111

He's just a brash shit talker as you say, that's pretty much it.

Rubs a lot of people the wrong way but god damn it sells.

People love him and tune in. People hate him and tune in to see him get his ass beat. Win win for his bank balance :lol:

Wow, now see, when that poppy fiasco happened I had only heard those end lines: "You have a pint in your hand and a Celtic jersey on in your local. Fuck you and the Queen". I'll admit now that is the first time I've ever seen that in its full context and I did hold certain gripes with him over it. I thought he was another McLean but I had been told differently from friends so I became pretty indifferent towards him. Albeit I've always respected him as a competitor.

If anything, that makes me respect him even more. All those daft grey and green hooped mhanks piling pressure on him to voice their filth on an international platform, only for him to slap them down and mock them. You can't help but admire him for that.

From collecting his dole money to marketing himself to multi-million dollar contracts with barely a graze on his face. Hollywood couldn't write that and make it believable.

52 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Wow, now see, when that poppy fiasco happened I had only heard those end lines: "You have a pint in your hand and a Celtic jersey on in your local. Fuck you and the Queen". I'll admit now that is the first time I've ever seen that in its full context and I did hold certain gripes with him over it. I thought he was another McLean but I had been told differently from friends so I became pretty indifferent towards him. Albeit I've always respected him as a competitor.

If anything, that makes me respect him even more. All those daft grey and green hooped mhanks piling pressure on him to voice their filth on an international platform, only for him to slap them down and mock them. You can't help but admire him for that.

From collecting his dole money to marketing himself to multi-million dollar contracts with barely a graze on his face. Hollywood couldn't write that and make it believable.

Definitely! I like him and I like his shit talking stuff as well. 

He's far less over the top in the post fight conferences: