Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

Really.

There is only something like eighteen months between them in terms of age yet,

Lafferty is far more experienced at club level

Lafferty has alreday won more in the past three years than Goodwillie will win in his entire career

Lafferty has alreday has 28 more caps than Goodwillie does internationally

Lafferty is already at the club, and much like Goodwillie, last season was his most productive yet.

Lafferty has shown more signs of maturity than Goodwillie has.

Add to the fact that he was forming a formidable partnership with Jelavic at the tail end of last season aswella s the idea that if you put Lafferty into the Dundee Utd team tomorrow he would be their best player by a mile then I truly think we aren't any worse off.

Sometimes some people just cannot see the woods for the trees :pipe:

I think Lafferty is much better than Goodwillie and he's not got a court case hanging over his head

however trivial it is

Pretty fucked off with this.

I am dreading this season TBH

The level of players we are going to end up with by the end of the window are going to be sub standard I feel

We do not have the squad to sustain a good title defence, we JUST made it over the line last season

We will not be able to pull that off this year with this squad and a few shitey signing

And if jelavic gets injured again........ We are in trouble

its actually quite smart what blackburn have done imo.

they know who goodwillie wants to play for - rangers, so by putting in a higher than asked for bid, they have taken us out of the running for him.

there's no chance we can match 2.8m, so goodwillie will know there is no way hes going to rangers now - this is why he'll sign for blackburn.

good work by blackburn, they outsmarted us, will we learn?

Suppose but we'd probably never offer £2m anyway, Blackpool won't offer that much either so if Blackburn had offered the 2 mill then they'd be first to talk to him...there's no way he's going to reject the kind of money they throw around down there.

We will make another bid and it will come down to where Goodwillie prefers to go. He's been our number one target all summer, we aren't going to give up easily.

I'm not sure. We've only made 1 bid for him and it was a bid which was always destined to be rejected, ie. less than £2M.

HOW? he was told the valuation of players and fanny'd about for long enough, no one to blame but himself and the rest of pound stretcher transfer teams we've installed at Ibrox.

Its not mccoist that puts the bids in he identifies the players he wants, its down to smith, or are you one of these people that aint gonnae give ally a chance before u want him out.

I would rather this was over! Goodwillies is NOT an amazing player, he's good but this thread is pushing on 300 pages and it's been for nothing.

I would like to see us get him but I'd rather we move on to other targets!

Goodwillie will rot in the EPL probably!

Pretty disgusted with the way we have went about this transfer. Fucked about like goodie certainly wasnt our top target and now pretty much lost out on him.

Craig and Ally better have a fucking ace up their sleeve and bring in a good striker because i and im pretty sure most other wont settle for bringing in over the hill dross to make up for losing out on scotlands most promising young player.

Poor show. Pretty fukin raging right now (td) Get it fukin sorted ya dithering tits doh

I agree with you that Lafferty was excellent at the end of last season.

However, we have seen him do well at the tail end of the season before and come back and be awful.

I would still say that we need another striker in ASAP, Lafferty is injured, and we look really short of numbers up front.

Hopefully we will get someone young with a bit of potential, hate it when we sign 30 something has beens who turn out shit!

Oh yeah mate, we defiently need another striker. Lafferty and Jelavic are good enough, but if anything happens to either of them we are struggling (as we have already seen)

I just think it's amusing how everybody thinks Goodwillie would have come here and steamrollered Lafferty out of the first team :lol:

Where does it actually say they offered "2.8m.Latest blurb on sky sports transfer center , that they had a bid turned down.

The Arab trust have also posted it on there twitter.

twitter2_normal.jpgarabtrust1909 ArabTRUST A bid for David #Goodwillie of £2.8 million has now been accepted by United from Blackburn Rovers #P2BAA52 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

what if Goodwillie knocks back crapburn because he want to hang around big bad glasgow just to see if

he can tempt someone into stabbing him

who knows how the modern footballers brain works