Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

We didnt want to pay 2, why the fuck would we pay 2.3 ?

Regardless of other clubs, fundementally we didnt think he was worth 2m

if we weren't wanting to pay £2m we should have left him ages ago, were never getting him for less

FFS doh 10 pages of over reaction to a story posted by Jim Spence!

Lets look at some facts shall we??

Jim Spence broke a story that Rangers had made TWO bids for Goodwillie. Ally McCoist interviewed on SSN this morning said that was incorrect and that they had only made ONE bid.

Jim Spence also alleged that Celtic were about to launch a £2m bid for Goodwillie, this was on the back of a story printed in the Daily Record. Peter Liewell was also interviewed on SSN saying that they had NOT made any bid, nor were preparing one, but that the funds were there for such a deal.

Now, I may well be proven wrong on this one but I'm willing to bet that Spence is at it. If he is, he's just committed career suicide breaking this 'story'!

I'll wait until there's at least one more official statement before over reacting! (tu)

This is not Goodwillies fault, it our fault, we have known for months what utd wanted for him. So instead of fuckin about and thinkin "he won't go to anyone else, he's a rangers fan" we should have either put the money down or just said no and walked away. I and other bears have tried to be patient, but i posted last week we were in danger of falling behind in the league and getting fucked out of europe at the first hurdle if we didn't get some players in, and it gives me no pleasure that i'm very close to being proved right. In the last couple of days we have put some decent bids in, but why could we not have done that 2 weeks ago so they were eligible for europe, we just seem to have stumbled from one knockback to another in this window, and i'm afraid i feel a wee bit disappointed.

i think its now clear that Whyte does not have the funds he claimed he had to spend on the team

Run out of pots to piss in. To be honest he has probably filled them up with all the shite he has been talking, I wish they would all just get on with. If they are going to buy a player, bid, if rejected, then make the choice to either walk away or bid again. I REALLY do not understand what is so difficult about that. Why does it take our club 9 Days to wait for an answer on a bid. Why is so hard to look at a fee and say 'that is over our budget, lets look at someone else' or 'that seems reasonable lets make an offer?'. Surely, SURELY it is not that difficult.

Why? They don't want to sell to Rangers, and Blackburn have offered 2.8million.

This is the very reason why we could have lost out, offering lower bids than everyone else.

Blackburn offered £2m with 800k add ons, they might prefer £2.3m right now?

Get a 2.5 million bid in rangers and stop fannying about.

Save face on this one and at least nearly match the rivals bid so we don't look so fuckin pathetic.

You never know we might just get him.

Absolute shambles behind the scenes at Ibrox. The Tims must be pishing themselves laughing everytime the listen to the radio or lift a paper.

Every story about us is now reported or written with a Tongue in cheek kind of attitude. These media bastards are taking the piss and unfortunately we are giving them all the ammunition they need

Why? They don't want to sell to Rangers, and Blackburn have offered 2.8million.

This is the very reason why we could have lost out, offering lower bids than everyone else.

Blackburn have offered 2m + 800k worth of addons. May never reach 2.8m (Likely will as Goodwillie should attain most targets) but a good up front bid of 2.3m ish should get them thinking at least.

That said, we should have had this sorted long ago, our reluctance to match the asking price has now forced us to either A) Lose out on our primary striking target or B) Spend even more cash than we were willing to, just to even get to speak to the lad.

Assuming we done B, we now have to match premiership wages and not championship level wages.

I'm an optimistic thinker generally speaking and don't like to criticise but this could have and should have been handled much better.

Save face on this one and at least nearly match the rivals bid so we don't look so fuckin pathetic.

Absolute shambles behind the scenes at Ibrox. The Tims must be pishing themselves laughing everytime the listen to the radio or lift a paper.

Every story about us is now reported or written with a Tongue in cheek kind of attitude. These media bastards are taking the piss and unfortunately we are giving them all the ammunition they need

(tu) (tu)

(tu)

What i am worried about is if we dont get goodwillie and we go out of the champions league then we wont have the draw of champions league football to lure a striker with real quailty in ?

Depending what the 'add ons' are 2.8 might not be too bad.

They are paying the £2 mill up front - which is what we expected - fuck knows what the add ons are?

Im surprised also that skysports pretty much broke the news within seconds that it was Blackburn but yet an hour later no report of bid accepted??

Potential add on - if we (blackburn) qualify for the champs league well gie you 800,000 :) :) :)

Depending what the 'add ons' are 2.8 might not be too bad.

They are paying the £2 mill up front - which is what we expected - fuck knows what the add ons are?

Im surprised also that skysports pretty much broke the news within seconds that it was Blackburn but yet an hour later no report of bid accepted??

Potential add on - if we (blackburn) qualify for the champs league well gie you 800,000 :) :) :)

More likely the add on is sending up woman for the cheeky wee rascal Thompson lol