Who is the best opposition Player you have ever seen

Who is the best ever opposition player you have ever seen at Ibrox and why?

I would say Johan Cruyff Ajax, because of his Balance and Technical skill and he could pass a great long ball .

A close second has to be Mario Kempes Valencia saw him destroy us in the 70s two great goals a great left Foot.

But Cruyff wins it for me.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to recall that Dunfermline had Stevie Crawford AND Craig Brewster upfront for them for a while; Devastating.

Nah but seriously Benzema in the 07/08 season or for some reason Diego of Werder Bremen sticks out, especially in the 2nd leg of our Uefa Cup run. I'm sure he did some crazy overhead kicked through ball which was unbelievable.

Mendieta for Valencia certainly tore us a new one

Best individual performance I had saw at ibrox from an opposing player

Just ahead of Alan johnstones hat-trick and Ivan sproule of course !!!!!

Some good ones here Lads The Rats one is a cracker Each of these Players have different styles and, its interesting to see who likes who and why.

Another thing about Cruyffe was he had a great header on him, and could get up high in the air.

Keep them coming .Interesting.........

Are we talking of players who played at Ibrox or are we talking of away games as well? It would be better to compare those who only played at Ibrox because not everyone will have seen the away games (I.M.O.).

Need a lot of thinking on this although some great names already. Cruyff, Rats, Del Piero, Kempes. I can't think of anyone who played better at Ibrox.

Prosinecki was outstanding too

Riquelme [Villarreal] [the nearest thing to the best ever Maradona]

could have done so much more and ironically would not play for Maradona's Argentina

diego and Quaresma [Porto]

Forlan [Villarreal]

back to the 70's when i first started going to ibrox

van der kerkhoff twins

kempes

bonhof

Yes Mate only Ibrox , Some really cracking players coming out here and most of them seem to be Latin players although the Dutch have a few in there too.

All these players mentioned are magnificent and so many different styles .Good to see some Keepers being mentioned .

Yes Mate only Ibrox , Some really cracking players coming out here and most of them seem to be Latin players although the Dutch have a few in there too.

All these players mentioned are magnificent and so many different styles .Good to see some Keepers being mentioned .

Yes, some really great players but they didn't all have outstanding displays at Ibrox. The display of Cruyff at Ibrox in the Euro Super Cup was unbelievable. Mario Kempes for Valencia a few years later was fantastic. Vasily Rats put in a 90 minute shift that was something else. Someone said in a previous post that it was hard to believe he finished on the losing side and I totally agree. Del Piero was another who stood out. My reason for choosing these four is due to their overall display over 90 minutes and contribution to their team effort. Some of the others nominated had some moments of magic but I feel that they maybe were not quite as good for the full game. On further reflection, I'm giving my final vote to Cruyff.