Transfers

The thing with the Llorente deal is do Juve really need him just now, I know they aren't great there but I think Llorente would struggle if he went just now having not had much gametime at Bilbao he will not be anywhere near as sharp and can Juventus chance giving him a few games to get up to speed ?

AC Milan have signed Parma defender Cristian Zaccardo in a swap deal with Djamel Mesbah

By Simone Bargellini.

Last Updated: January 24, 2013 10:14pm

AC Milan have signed Parma defender Cristian Zaccardo with Djamel Mesbah going the other way as part of a swap deal.

Zaccardo has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal at the San Siro, while Rodney Strasser could also be part of the deal along with Mesbah going to the Ennio Tardini.

World Cup winner Zaccardo was delighted to make the move to Milan which will fuel rumours that Ignazio Abate could leave Milan for Zenit St Petersburg before the close of the window

"I am delighted and honored to be in a so important club and I will do everything to make my contribution," Zaccardo told the Milan Channel.

"I'm proud that Milan has interested in me. At age 31 I am here, after so many Serie A matches and I will give everything".

Parma general manager Pietro Leonardi confirmed Mesbah and Strasser were set to move to Parma as part of the Zaccardo deal.

"We are finalizing the exchange between Zaccardo and (Djamel) Mesbah with AC," said Leonardi. "Also could be included in the deal (AC Milan 23-year-midfielder, Rodney) Strasser, the negotiations are well underway."