Best goal you've seen scored against us?

Craig53

I tend not to think about or dwell on goals other clubs have scored against us and feel I must point out that all of the goals scored against us, including those already mentioned in this thread are by definition " shite" :redcard:

biased loyal :scot:

As well as being a Rangers supporter I am also a football supporter clearly. Therefore I appreciate the finer forms of the game.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Del piero for juventus against us in 95 ( or round about then) pretty sure is was a free kick from a tight angle down near the corner flag and curled right over Goram into the far top corner

Maybe not the best goal, but it always sticks in my mind how much bend he got on the ball

in terms of games iv been at, probably either Stokes when he was playing for hibs in the 09/10 season. he chipped the ball over the defence and volleyed over McGregor. or Liam Miller, also for Hibs when they won 3-0 at Ibrox in the 10/11 season. he took a shot from fully 30 yards and it swerved in. it was really the only time iv seen McGregor completely wrongfooted

EDIT: just watched that goal, it was actually Rankin who scored it. it was only just outside the box aswell. still a decent goal though. Miller did score but it was thanks to a big deflection

Hateley trumped that ........

That he did! I watched that game in a house in Billericay full of Englishmen. When Ally scored the second (cracker as well) I stood in front of the telly, dropped my pants and told them all to kiss my hairy arse. They took it surprisingly well all said.

Two new bears were added to the cause that night!

Another one I just remembered was Kaka in the 2-2 friendly in 09, bombed right through our team and scored from about 20 yards, can't help but think going to Madrid stunted his career.

He was 28 when he signed for madrid, round about the age most brazilians start making a cunt of their careers.

Problem I've got with this is I only really recognise long shots against us as "good" goals. Anything involving a passing move I'm watching our defence getting it wrong so tend not to notice good play by the opposition. Add to that the fact that I usually don't know the names of opposition players means that I'm struggling to remember any goals not scored by a Celtic player (the extensive post mortem after an OF game means you always know who scored).

Hooper's snooker shot goal around McGregor last year was a very good finish though.