Walk Away McCoist.

Clemdog

If he is on a rolling one year contract then don't renew it at the end of the season. If we have to have another year In the championship then so be it. This will give the new manger time t get his team playing the way he wants them before being promoted.

Reckon you can get punted at any time with a contract like that, it's just that your compensation will only be for the following year.

I'm not defending him, he is the worst football manager in the history of the sport in my opinion. Films will be made in the future documenting how bad he has been. He should be called at this moment and told to either resign or be fired.

This is the boards job though. These are the folk that should be making the call. The board have possibly set Ally the single goal of getting promotion and Ally may feel he will meet this target.

McCulloch is shite as a player now, it's not his job to refuse to start a match though, it's McCoists job to drop him. I'm not gonna start calling McCulloch a cunt for refusing to retire tomorrow because I don't rate him. He should never have been given an extended contract, but that is not his fault, McCoist is to blame.

Just as I don't blame McCullouch for still being here, I blame mccoist, I don't blame mccoist for still being here, I blame the board for not sacking him.

I'm not gonna go down the route of calling a club legend a cunt though, that is shameful of any rangers fan.

very good post that I struggle to disagrre with, and I do so love disagreeing with you :P

I'm not defending him, he is the worst football manager in the history of the sport in my opinion. Films will be made in the future documenting how bad he has been. He should be called at this moment and told to either resign or be fired.

This is the boards job though. These are the folk that should be making the call. The board have possibly set Ally the single goal of getting promotion and Ally may feel he will meet this target.

McCulloch is shite as a player now, it's not his job to refuse to start a match though, it's McCoists job to drop him. I'm not gonna start calling McCulloch a cunt for refusing to retire tomorrow because I don't rate him. He should never have been given an extended contract, but that is not his fault, McCoist is to blame.

Just as I don't blame McCullouch for still being here, I blame mccoist, I don't blame mccoist for still being here, I blame the board for not sacking him.

I'm not gonna go down the route of calling a club legend a cunt though, that is shameful of any rangers fan.

Well heres a question or two for you MM :

Do you think Ally is being honest with himself as to his ability to do the job ?

You have yourself stated he is the "worst manager in the history of the sport" And yet he continues to take an exhorbitant wage from the club he allegedly loves despite the fact that club is facing considerable financial problems.

You have mentioned he continues to pick a player whose selection based on friendship rather than ability - is that being honest to the club & support ?

We have seen everyone from Green, the wind and most recently Mohsni blamed for HIS failings.

Yep the board should sack him. Their failure to do so is their shame.

But McCoists failure to be honest with himself, the club & support about his failings and lack of ability, whilst still taking a wage from the club he claims to love whilst clearly not doing his job - thats his shame.

Ally .Please leave the building .Find a job in the media where you can be with likeminded friends and talk a good game.

We know you can do this as a speciality .

Please don't take the cunt out of the people that matter the most and the people, you so often say are the most important feature of this great club.

." the fans"

Please go before it get's nasty .

It's all about Ally for him not Rangers. It always has been, from signing for the club of his dreams at the third time of asking to blaming Green, Mohsni, artificial pitches etc for his failings and thinking it appropriate to have a karaoke party after a humiliation.

He has made a fortune out of our misfortune not earned it and a true Ranger would walk away without demanding any compensation.

I appreciate it must be hard for a Ranger to resign from the position that any one of us would give anything to hold but he is deluded about the job he is doing and if the Board don't or won't act then the fans must force their hand.

Bit of a wry smile at the arguments whether he is on 800k or 400k, whether a wage cut or deferral. Lets be honest he's probably taken over 2 million - yep 2 million out of the club over just the last 4 years plus his shares!!!

And what have we got for that - in his defence 2 straight promotions but that has to be qualified by the 10 million plus in player wages with a standard of football that has been abysmal. The small matter of no plan in place for the future, loss of young players that may have been of use and the fact that if we do win promotion this year our squad will not be ready or able to compete in the SPL.

So who had the best deal of the last 3 years. Rangers or Ally?? Hmmmm.

Well heres a question or two for you MM :

Do you think Ally is being honest with himself as to his ability to do the job ?

You have yourself stated he is the "worst manager in the history of the sport" And yet he continues to take an exhorbitant wage from the club he allegedly loves despite the fact that club is facing considerable financial problems.

You have mentioned he continues to pick a player whose selection based on friendship rather than ability - is that being honest to the club & support ?

We have seen everyone from Green, the wind and most recently Mohsni blamed for HIS failings.

Yep the board should sack him. Their failure to do so is their shame.

But McCoists failure to be honest with himself, the club & support about his failings and lack of ability, whilst still taking a wage from the club he claims to love whilst clearly not doing his job - thats his shame.

I have no idea. I think he probably doubts himself, probably less than the rest of us though.

He is in a different situation than any of us though. He probably has guys round him saying he is doing a great job. For all we know he is being told by the board he is doing a grand job. Its amazing how warped your sense of reality can become.

He is constantly being told by the board that there are no money problems, he has already taken a big wage cut totally voluntarily. I dont know his financial position, im sure he is well off, but he might still have very large financial commitments to pay off with his other money tied up at the minute. Ian Black is getting paid way more than he should be, but again, thats not his fault, I dont call him a cunt for that reason (i do it for other reasons! joke!). He signed a deal and thats what he gets paid. Black has not taken a 50% wage cut and I cant really expect him to.

Im not really sure he does pick players on friendship rather than ability. I think his team selection is shit, but can we honestly say that McCulloch might not be at least equally as good as Moshni or Zal? They are all pretty shit. Foster (his so called pal) has been getting little game time with a new player taking his role. Smith is getting limited game time. Boyd, who he is rumoured not even to get on with starts almost every game, even when he is on bad form.

Green should have kept his mouth shut and so should Moshni. I dont think they are anywhere near the main reasons why we failed on these occasions, but I dont think they helped.

I agree with your last sentence to a degree, I dont think he is being honest with himself. He should know that he is not up to the task, but I really think he believes that he is. It is the boards job to sack him. Ally might be a crap football manager. But anyone that calls McCoist a 'cunt' is a terrible fan.

I have no idea. I think he probably doubts himself, probably less than the rest of us though.

He is in a different situation than any of us though. He probably has guys round him saying he is doing a great job. For all we know he is being told by the board he is doing a grand job. Its amazing how warped your sense of reality can become.

He is constantly being told by the board that there are no money problems, he has already taken a big wage cut totally voluntarily. I dont know his financial position, im sure he is well off, but he might still have very large financial commitments to pay off with his other money tied up at the minute. Ian Black is getting paid way more than he should be, but again, thats not his fault, I dont call him a cunt for that reason (i do it for other reasons! joke!). He signed a deal and thats what he gets paid. Black has not taken a 50% wage cut and I cant really expect him to.

Im not really sure he does pick players on friendship rather than ability. I think his team selection is shit, but can we honestly say that McCulloch might not be at least equally as good as Moshni or Zal? They are all pretty shit. Foster (his so called pal) has been getting little game time with a new player taking his role. Smith is getting limited game time. Boyd, who he is rumoured not even to get on with starts almost every game, even when he is on bad form.

Green should have kept his mouth shut and so should Moshni. I dont think they are anywhere near the main reasons why we failed on these occasions, but I dont think they helped.

I agree with your last sentence to a degree, I dont think he is being honest with himself. He should know that he is not up to the task, but I really think he believes that he is. It is the boards job to sack him. Ally might be a crap football manager. But anyone that calls McCoist a 'cunt' is a terrible fan.

The problem with using emotive descriptive language - is that it takes us off tangent - and we end up, as we have done here, discussing its appropriateness/otherwise which is not the issue.

I had a discussion with some boycotters recently and they had very little favourable words for McCoist - which suprised me to an extent.

They pointed out that Ally has publicly backed every single regime - even those who put personal gain before club - and also he has made considerable personal gain himself by exercising his share rights. In summary they suggested Ally is looking after No.1 rather than the long term betterment of the club.

I have to say on reflection its difficult to argue with some of the points they raised in relation to him - I am now at the point of viewing him totally differenlty on a personal level.

The more you look at the evidence - the more you arrive at the conclusion that Goat's opening statement was not so far off the mark - and I freely admit to being uncomfortable in saying that.

They pointed out that Ally has publicly backed every single regime - even those who put personal gain before club

So did I. Still do.

I don't know how to tell if a regime is putting personal gain before the club, nor how I would ever know this before or even during the fact.

The problem with using emotive descriptive language - is that it takes us off tangent - and we end up, as we have done here, discussing its appropriateness/otherwise which is not the issue.

I had a discussion with some boycotters recently and they had very little favourable words for McCoist - which suprised me to an extent.

They pointed out that Ally has publicly backed every single regime - even those who put personal gain before club - and also he has made considerable personal gain himself by exercising his share rights. In summary they suggested Ally is looking after No.1 rather than the long term betterment of the club.

I have to say on reflection its difficult to argue with some of the points they raised in relation to him - I am now at the point of viewing him totally differenlty on a personal level.

The more you look at the evidence - the more you arrive at the conclusion that Goat's opening statement was not so far off the mark - and I freely admit to being uncomfortable in saying that.

I very rarely disagree with your posts, but I just cant get on board with this one.

You are in effect saying that Ally McCoist as a man is a worse person than Whyte and Green. That is what GOATs opening statement basically says.

Have a think about that point and then tell me if you really agree with that. McCoist actually cares less for Rangers than Whyte? Not a chance in hell.

People go on about his shares in Rangers and how it is a financial stab in the back. Really? What fan would not when offered take a % ownership of the club, especially when it doesnt cost the club anything. Do you really think he is holding these shares watching the markets deciding when to cash them in? Do you not think that like any fan, he takes pride in owning something special? If you really think so little of the man, I dont think we have much left to debate.

He is a shit manager, but on the day he is sacked, I would still be honoured to buy him a pint. I cant understand any Rangers fan who would think otherwise.

I very rarely disagree with your posts, but I just cant get on board with this one.

You are in effect saying that Ally McCoist as a man is a worse person than Whyte and Green. That is what GOATs opening statement basically says.

Have a think about that point and then tell me if you really agree with that. McCoist actually cares less for Rangers than Whyte? Not a chance in hell.

People go on about his shares in Rangers and how it is a financial stab in the back. Really? What fan would not when offered take a % ownership of the club, especially when it doesnt cost the club anything. Do you really think he is holding these shares watching the markets deciding when to cash them in? Do you not think that like any fan, he takes pride in owning something special? If you really think so little of the man, I dont think we have much left to debate.

He is a shit manager, but on the day he is sacked, I would still be honoured to buy him a pint. I cant understand any Rangers fan who would think otherwise.

Thats not what Im saying and not what Goat's opening statement is saying either - and anyone arriving at such a conclusion is bordering on the ridiculous. It is notable that the point you asked me "to think about" is a suggestion you have made and no-one else in this thread. So quite simply - behave yourself MM.

What I do think is that there is middle ground in this debate - and I think its a myth to suggest Ally's motivation throughout all of this has solely been a "love for the club". There is a mountain of substantiated evidence that Ally has done very well financially from all that has transpired over the last few years - if you ignore that then you are ignoring facts.

I'll tell you what kind of fan accepts shares at 1p each when every other fan pays 70p each, A Greedy self-serving one. Cheap shares do cost the club money, in fact his 1m shares appear to have cost us in the region of £690k.

On the day he is sacked (because he is too greedy and too big-headed to walk away) I will celebrate. He should be buying the support a drink not accepting one. The King Canute of managers. The reason he has not been sacked is probably twofold. Firstly we haven't got the money to pay him off and secondly the fall-out from fans has probably been a consideration. McCoist has been very "cute" using the fans to keep onside with those in charge. If it had been anyone else we would have a new manager in place (assuming they didn't cost us so much). His salary level is a disgrace, it is obscene and McCoist knows it which is why he tried to have it kept out of the public domain. He knows the club is struggling financially and the only reason he finally agreed to a pay cut/deferral was due to the outcry from the fans when his £760k per annum was noted in the accounts. He previously took a "wage cut" but got it back as soon as the IPO went through.

McCoist was a playing legend for us but I no longer have any respect for him now. I can't even watch him on the TV which shows how low he has sunk in my estimation.