***The Official Queen of the South v Rangers thread***

Captain Hilts

Just read on Rangers.co.uk that Lewis Macleod is very doubtful for game tonight , hopefully someone can step and take their chance . http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/5097-lewis-a-doubt-for-qos LEWIS MACLEOD is unlikely to face Queen of the South tomorrow night as he recovers from a knee injury picked up in training at Murray Park on Friday.

The talented midfielder has been in sparkling form this season but in Saturday’s 5-1 victory over Arbroath he was replaced in the 75th minute by Robbie Crawford because of the discomfort he was feeling.

Rangers will be looking to progress to the semi-final stage of the Ramsdens Cup by recording a victory at Palmerston Park but if Macleod is ruled out manager Ally McCoist will have to shuffle his pack with Ian Black also unavailable due to his suspension.

Elsewhere, Lee Wallace is also a doubt with a hip problem and Ross Perry, Kyle Hutton and Chris Hegarty have ankle injuries and will not feature.

For Lewis missing the game against the Doonhamers would be a blow. He said: “I felt a wee niggle on Friday but I thought I would give it a go on Saturday.

“I was feeling it all through the game but I didn’t want to come off when they scored their goal so I waited until we were back up to 2-1.

“I thought there was no point continuing so I don’t know about tomorrow but come the weekend I should be ok."

Macleod, speaking to RangersTV at Murray Park this morning, explained how he picked up his knock.

He added: “On the Friday in training I hit a shot and I just straightened my leg and felt a niggle around the back of my knee.

“Hopefully it is nothing too serious and I can be back for the weekend if I miss the game tomorrow.”

Going to refrain from watching this via a crappy stream and watch it on BBC ALBA at 10pm.

(4-4-2): Bell; Foster, McCulloch, Mohsni, Smith; Little, Peralta, Law, Templeton; Daly, Clark

Subs: Simonsen, Faure, Gasparotto, Crawford, Shiels, McKay, Aird.

Will take any score as long as we go through! :21:

Going under the assumption both Macleod and Wallace are injured my team is this.

_________________Bell________________

Foster_____Cribiri___Mohsni_____Smith

________________Peralta______________

McKay____________Law________Templeton

_________McCulloch____Clark__________

Six goals in two games means McCulloch deserves to start up front, and having McCulloch and Daly in the same strikeforce is not an option so it has to be Clark beside him. Have McKay and Templeton, swap sides every now and then to cause some confusion.

A team full of players playing in their natural positions...wow, amazing thought isn't it?

no doubt be a tough game. didn't think clark made an impact on Saturday but would play him in this with the possibility of him returning to haunt his old team

Bell

Macausland McCulloch Mohsni Smith (Wallace if fit)

Litte Peralta Law Templeton

Daly Clark

rangers 2-1