Boydy and Miller- Get us to the Top

JamieG54

Was the op not listening to what was said at the agm?

We will be CUTTING costs.

This.

People seem to be forgetting this.

No doubt Ally will be "shocked" when told he has to sell before he can buy, but that will certainly be the case.

The same mischief making press that is always banging on about spending and living within our means will be printing loads of articles and headlines about fans shock at being told Ally isn't getting any money.

Apparently we will all be raging and dumbstruck by it.

I have arranged to be both raging and dumbstruck when I waken on 1st Jan.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This.

People seem to be forgetting this.

No doubt Ally will be "shocked" when told he has to sell before he can buy, but that will certainly be the case.

The same mischief making press that is always banging on about spending and living within our means will be printing loads of articles and headlines about fans shock at being told Ally isn't getting any money.

Apparently we will all be raging and dumbstruck by it.

I have arranged to be both raging and dumbstruck when I waken on 1st Jan.

I'll still be pished nevermind dumbstruck.

I seen Boyd v Hearts on the BBC highlights scored two missed a handful and looked lean, Killie also had a right little livewire called Johnston who also scored a cracker, and StMirren a rb called Jason Naismith who looks a handful.

And the boy McGinn, I'd sign them all :D.

He did his job he wasn't 'different class' that is simply ridiculous, especially as it was a friendly.

I was replying to the guy saying that he was gash 2 years ago when he watched him playing for Cardiff. In my opinion he was different class playing up front on his own against England. He certainly did his job as you say. If he can do his job against Cahill and Jagielka then he is more than capable of doing it against the defenders in Scotland. I am not saying we should sign him. Only that he's definitely not gash.

Don't think either could be signed in January before others left and with enough players going to make the deal(s) affordable ie no additional cost to the Club and preferably a saving. Maybe also depends on the strategy to get back to the top flight while doing so by operating on a sustainable financial basis. If it had to be at first attempt then I guess the assumption from the Board and the Manager would be to assemble a squad to do that and if that meant there was more chance of achieving this with either or both of these 2 then the January transfer window exits would need to be managed to achieve that objective. Of course if a big enough offer was made for one or some of the current better players then that might not be able to be resisted so losing better players and replacing with these experienced 2 might or might not be enough to achieve a 'promotion at first pass' objective.

It's all getting a bit more real in a football sense now with eyes and financial minds starting to turn to what players are needed to get to the top league at the first time of asking. The balance of sustainable affordability in player (and backroom staff) wages and performances on the pitch good enough for promotion may be the biggest football managerial challenges the Manager has faced.

Whether to sign such players, and decisions on who would be invited to leave and which players the Club can afford to let go if the offer is good enough may be matters that really test the skills of the Manager to then deliver the objective for this season and to set the core of the team for next season. Because come Summer transfer window - depending on ST sales (influenced perhaps by boycotts and price rise) and on transfers out in Jan and Summer - there may not be much scope to improve the squad for next season so those still here in Feb may be the chosen ones to get through the Championship and win promotion. With Boyd and Miller added that might strengthen the odds in favour of a first time promotion. But it might also depend on who leaves and the extent to which the result effectively produces a squad where first time promotion may be less possible. In all of this I place no reliance on new money coming in before a return to the top flight, and while some good credit must go to the younger players coming into the first team I'm not sure yet how they would handle the pressure of delivering for Rangers in a Championship season against better opposition and with so much at stake.

Id rather we continued with Clark's development up front than spend money on players who will be too old to do the business when we get back to the top.

In terms of priority I would say a centre half to replace Jig and form a partnership and understanding with Mohsni would be my first purchase should money be available.