This is why I dont post in the BD

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon Daly we didn't need. He has scored us goals but it's another wage going to an older player who won't be playing with us in the top flight.

We wouldn't have been able to sell him on for any money some people would easily see that as pointless and a waste. Some people will see it as a panic buy to win the 2nd division.

Edit: Do you not see where i and others on are coming from. These tactics and daft subs might be fine in this division and were fine for last years but we won't be so lucky when we go into the 1st division.

Some people are only looking at this season and thinking everything is fine because we are 14 points clear in the 2ND DIVISION playing against some of the worse teams in Scotland.

I think he's been proven right with Jon Daly. He's a top pro who has come in and scored goals. Why won't he play for us in the top flight? He's 30 but it's not as if he relies on his pace. Could definitely be used then.

I understand some of the concerns and the match was poor but there has been improvements and I think the results justify that.

Im gonna just go ahead and say this. Im probably wrong but fuck it. This is how I felt at the time of CG leaving.

The first sign of trouble (The Ahmed comment and the worst ever Rangers team comment) a good proportion of the fan base shat it after what Whyte done to us and reacted too quickly.

I'd prefer Green still to be here. He was backed by Walter and Ally before this. They must have had their reasons.

I think he's been proven right with Jon Daly. He's a top pro who has come in and scored goals. Why won't he play for us in the top flight? He's 30 but it's not as if he relies on his pace. Could definitely be used then.

I understand some of the concerns and the match was poor but there has been improvements and I think the results justify that.

Our team will be completely different when we're in the top flight. I think we will see new investment aswell so Daly won't be needed i don't think. But my point is we could have got some money for him but who is going to buy him and pay what we are?

Our team will be completely different when we're in the top flight. I think we will see new investment aswell so Daly won't be needed i don't think. But my point is we could have got some money for him but who is going to buy him and pay what we are?

Not every player can be used to sell on for a profit. He's signed a two year deal so if he's not good enough then we can just let his contract expire.

Losing us money at a canter aswell with his pointless signings and wage. It's the 2nd division there was no need to waste wages on players like Steve Simonsen Smith and Foster.

thats the finanical directors issue.

Hes says how much is available and the manager spends accordingly, to assemble a squad that can win as much as possible

thats the finanical directors issue.

Hes says how much is available and the manager spends accordingly, to assemble a squad that can win as much as possible

Thats the easy answer to give but, Ally in the media talking about fiances and trying to put pressure on the board. If the board don't give him what he wants ie money in the transfer window the fans will turn on the board again. Ally McCoist knows exactly what he's doing when it comes to the money side of things.

He's a Rangers supporter so he should know why he can't keep on getting money and spending it.

Thats the easy answer to give but, Ally in the media talking about fiances and trying to put pressure on the board. If the board don't give him what he wants ie money in the transfer window the fans will turn on the board again. Ally McCoist knows exactly what he's doing when it comes to the money side of things.

He's a Rangers supporter so he should know why he can't keep on getting money and spending it.

thats why you need a strong CEO.

Its the same way every club is ran and the same thing every manager does. Ally is no different in wanting as much money as he can get for squad building.

Remember advocaat?

thats why you need a strong CEO.

Its the same way every club is ran and the same thing every manager does. Ally is no different in wanting as much money as he can get for squad building.

Remember advocaat?

Not every club has just came out of admin a year ago. Not every club has just lost millions pounds worth of players.

Not every 2nd division club has a wage bill of 7million. He's been told that the CEO is trying to sort out the club why is he putting pressure on them by saying stuff like Celtic can win 10 in a row if we cut our budget etc etc........

We have to cut costs or else we will be back where we were last year. This April we will be down to our last million or maybe less how can he still ask for more money when he knows the score?

Foreverblue, can you tell us how you know the score?,

Or do you just believe everything you read regarding wages and finances?

So Brian Stockbridge who is our FD is talking shite. He's just saying it for a laugh is he?

There is no IPO money left. Your not going to tell me thats alot of shite are you?

Losing us money at a canter aswell with his pointless signings and wage. It's the 2nd division there was no need to waste wages on players like Steve Simonsen Smith and Foster.

Were these players signed for ONLY one year? No they have a minimum 2 year contract. The squad is not being built for winning Div1 it was also being built to win the Championship and was being built without paying transfer fees. Had we singed nobody then 1. we would be needing a higher outlay of cash for building the squad next season and the one following.. Throwing a squad of 8-9 new players at preseason precludes hitting the ground running which we will need in the championship and more importantly when we re-enter the Premiership. Are we top heavy in players wages? Hell yes, but the only way to induce some of these players with SPL experience was to do so with higher paid contracts. Rangers need to be back in the Premiership ASAP. AND the playing squad needs to be progressively build to get there and maintain there. 12 million quid is not just going to magically appear to buy us SPL level players at the end of season 2014/15. Some of the signings were/are stop gap measures others are for a longer term outlook. John Daly being an example of the former, notice how there is no complaint of getting bullied off the ball by bruising centre half's this season. He is also by ALL reports the consummate Pro, leaders like that in the dressing room are a lot more effective than anything a management/coaching team will impart to our young players.

we have the worst support in the world. No other support would sit by and let their scouting network be abolished while directors take bonuses for doing such a grand job. They then want to sack a club legend who is trying to build a squad with the lowest turnover to wage in our history who hasn't lost a game! all so we can play youth players, these same fans have never bothered to go and watch even though they could do so for free.