Players refuse 15% wage cut?

Costly

£750 off of £5000 is fuck all.

If they refuse it, I would make them redundant. Well, the duds like Foster and the others that aren't getting in the team. Simonson would be off as well if it was up to me, Gallacher is good enough back up.

Folk will say that we wont be able to sign players if we make redundancies, well that would only be for a year. We don't need to sign anyone in the summer, the team is good enough and if we make the redundancies NOW that would give us the rest of next seasons transfer window to sign players if we had to.

We cant just make players redundant! we would get absolutely hammered and our reputation would be worth nothing. Imagine trying to sign anyone half decent in a few years when they thought our club would just rip up their contract.

Its no surprise that Wallace's 120 day financial review also looked at team costs, so I am not about to panic quite yet, as it make sense.

It might make sense but it was highly unlikely to succeed and honestly it looks quite desperate. I can see the shares dipping again

We cant just make players redundant! we would get absolutely hammered and our reputation would be worth nothing. Imagine trying to sign anyone half decent in a few years when they thought our club would just rip up their contract.

Motherwell didn't seem to have any problems after they done it.

Why should the players have to take pay cut due to the gross mismanagement of others?

I now fully expect Wallace and Macleod to be shoved out the door.

I'm not saying they should but could help with your examples above from being moved on

Have we really hired a financial consultant to oversee this cost cutting? Oh the irony :rolleyes:

reportedly a very good one :

"

Nash was headhunted by Liverpool in 2008 after helping Arsenal finance their multi-million move from Highbury to the Emirates Stadium.

He survived a regime change at Anfield and was credited with helping the club tie up £20m shirt sponsorship with Standard Chartered Bank before standing down in December 2012 citing family reasons."

reportedly a very good one :

"

Nash was headhunted by Liverpool in 2008 after helping Arsenal finance their multi-million move from Highbury to the Emirates Stadium.

He survived a regime change at Anfield and was credited with helping the club tie up £20m shirt sponsorship with Standard Chartered Bank before standing down in December 2012 citing family reasons."

Not doubting that but it would make me think a guy like that doesnt come cheap

I wonder how this was conducted. A simple majority, a 75% majority or of it had to be unanimous. Could be that all players rejected this or just the one. It is clear the state of our finances is not good and paying near on 100% of income on wages is not a good way to run the club. I thought we were going to spend no more than 30% on player wages.

I couldn't give a toss about the share price. What i care about is getting a secure financial base so that we do not need to re-enter admin.

Yeah I'm the same but I guess this is an indication to me that our situation is worse than I thought. It all feels a bit de ja vu