Players refuse 15% wage cut?

Costly

The fact is...cuts have to be made. Like it or not, now is not the time to panic when this was already discussed.

Rangers has been run at a downward rate, losing money all over the shot, I believe that this man is looking into this very deeply and wants to bring us back from the pits of financial despair. Maybe GW can see that some wages are inexplicably high for the league they are in and feels that a cut in wages could work.

Have just a little bit of faith in what is trying to be achieved here. We can't keep tarring every person with the Whyte brush who comes into our club who wants to make a difference to our current financial situation.

Legal fees are not itemised, but Directors emoluments are listed at £1.6m (including the £200k bonus for BS).

You seem confident we are not losing £1m a month, but the figures show we were up to June 2013 and I can't see too much that has changed since then.

Which he returned.

Maybe if the players don't take a wage cut the club will have to put more on the ST price

It wouldn't surprise me if this was one of the avenues being considered by Wallace.

Although a poster did say on here earlier, that while they, and the majority of fans wouldn't begrudge paying extra for tickets to help the club, people will start to resent shelling out if the club runs into trouble - assuming this does happen.

Maybe if the players don't take a wage cut the club will have to put more on the ST price

If players do not accept cuts, really their choice, then season ticket prices will go up as they should for a higher division, plus the size of the squad will have to be reduced considerably. Has Ally taken his salary cut yet, lead by example??

if the suggested cuts are an alternative to players getting sold i think the players are quite right to refuse them

ffs we are a football club not a wee social club for a group of pals to play together.

players get sold all the time at other clubs to balance the books, we shouldnt be asking players to take cuts to stop others being sold.

im afraid if it means Wallace has to be sold then so be it, as good a player as he is for us, the club has to come first, we sell and we move on

We shouldn't have got to the positon where we have to do any of this.

Anyone involved in business will tell you that our model is a house of cards.

Executive team willing to accept high running costs with low revenue streams and a management team paid horrifyingly huge wages to provide fare that you could get for a fraction of the cost. We do not need three main management team members paid what they are at this level.

Cost needs to be ripped out from top to bottom or we will embarrassingly go under again.

Doesn't help that Ally is in the paper last week saying that he wants to pay as high wages as he can to get the best players.....whatever happened to pissing with the dick you are given or being really smart and unearthing gems. If we cannot convince players to come to us instead of the likes of Caley etc then something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Never saw this coming, but the players are entitled to reject it.

Players are in a win win situation as if we want rid of them we will have to pay them to leave.

I saw this coming a mile off and predicted so last year. Our Board has been an absolute joke for the past 2 years. Stockbridge must surely go now !

Stockbridge has cut earning potential by 50%. Crighton, Somers, Easdale are on circa £100k BETWEEN them.

Not sure about Wallace but I would be willing to bet its a lot less than he is used to. (tu)

Are people going to keep referring to past Board members who took the piss on this subject to continue the hatred towards the NEW board members. (tu)

Stockbridge has cut earning potential by 50%. Crighton, Somers, Easdale are on circa £100k BETWEEN them.

Not sure about Wallace but I would be willing to bet its a lot less than he is used to. (tu)

Are people going to keep referring to past Board members who took the piss on this subject to continue the hatred towards the NEW board members. (tu)

It suits an agenda in some cases

People are if the opinion that the board still has the same influence as it previously did.

It's 4 weeks since the AGM and I have yet to see anything that convinces me that this board can sort us out. Stories like this don't help.

People are if the opinion that the board still has the same influence as it previously did.

It's 4 weeks since the AGM and I have yet to see anything that convinces me that this board can sort us out. Stories like this don't help.

What a story about the board trying to cut the costs doesn't convince you they can sort this? What exactly is it you want them to do? Just get fresh investment and keep paying the useless shite we have on the bench the same high wages? Not a chance. At last a board trying to fix the problem. You should be happy.

You moan that things were absolutely shit yet you expect new guys to turn it around in 4 weeks over the festive season.

If Paul and Malcolm were doing this, you would be lauding them whilst still sticking the boot in. (tu)

Seems to of been one idea of many which was mooted to he squad, rejected and so we move on to the next idea, some cunt leaking it to the press is what really gets me and IF and its a huge if it was Jig i have to say i would be bitterly disappointed in him. The panic is maybe understandable but not helpfull and certainly not the amount of bheasts mixing panic and timmery in the early pages of this thread.