Raducanu will be fine. 

She’s not long turned 19. This season should be all about consolidation as a top 50 player tbh. The best thing she can do is essentially forget she’s a major winner and just focus on developing as a player. 

Her ranking will give her some kind draws, so she should manage some reasonable performances in decent tournaments; and then the goal is to make sure she does fly back out to 200 or something daft when her US points come off.

43 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Raducanu will be fine. 

She’s not long turned 19. This season should be all about consolidation as a top 50 player tbh. The best thing she can do is essentially forget she’s a major winner and just focus on developing as a player. 

Her ranking will give her some kind draws, so she should manage some reasonable performances in decent tournaments; and then the goal is to make sure she does fly back out to 200 or something daft when her US points come off.

Do you think she'll win another slam?

Clearly so hard (impossible) to predict but I'm not so sure.

4 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Do you think she'll win another slam?

Clearly so hard (impossible) to predict but I'm not so sure.

I think she’ll never do well on clay, but I could see her winning multiple slams if she keeps her head straight.

A lot of it will depend on others as well though. Gauff, Fernandez, Swiatek, Rybakina etc are all similar/better ranked than Raducanu and under 23.

This has been said all over twitter the last week or so, first article I read on it, media saying nothing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/did-rafael-nadal-receive-preferential-covid-19-treatment-from-australia-compared-to-novak-djokovic/ar-AASFl02?ocid=winp-st

If its true about Australia not allowing you in if positive in last 14 days even after vaccination then Nadal shouldn't have been allowed in.

40 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

This has been said all over twitter the last week or so, first article I read on it, media saying nothing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/did-rafael-nadal-receive-preferential-covid-19-treatment-from-australia-compared-to-novak-djokovic/ar-AASFl02?ocid=winp-st

If its true about Australia not allowing you in if positive in last 14 days even after vaccination then Nadal shouldn't have been allowed in.

That would be a massive lie on the visa application and could get him charged and permanently banned if it’s true.

10 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

People dying from the Covid and that self entitled cunt trying to weasel his way into the Australian Open. Throwing his agent under the bus as well. Mon Australia, boot this fucker and any others out of the tournament who have lied and cheated and falsified affidavits. Fucking shambles. 

Is there anything Djokovic has been honest about? 

Applied for the wrong visa, lied about his covid test, lied about a failure to self-isolate, lied on the form about travelling before entering Australia, lied to a Court in a sworn affidavit…

Genuinely think they might re-cancel his visa :lol: 

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

Is there anything Djokovic has been honest about? 

Applied for the wrong visa, lied about his covid test, lied about a failure to self-isolate, lied on the form about travelling before entering Australia, lied to a Court in a sworn affidavit…

Genuinely think they might re-cancel his visa :lol: 

Hopefully, I’m fed up reading about him tbh 

5 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Spain now investigatong Novak

Spain’s interior ministry said Thursday it is not investigating whether Novak Djokovic broke coronavirus rules by entering Spain while unvaccinated last month.

A spokesperson for the ministry hit back at media reports that Djokovic was being probed by Spanish police.

“The news is false. Neither the government has ordered it nor is there any police investigation open on the athlete,” the spokesperson told POLITICO.

58 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Spain’s interior ministry said Thursday it is not investigating whether Novak Djokovic broke coronavirus rules by entering Spain while unvaccinated last month.

A spokesperson for the ministry hit back at media reports that Djokovic was being probed by Spanish police.

“The news is false. Neither the government has ordered it nor is there any police investigation open on the athlete,” the spokesperson told POLITICO.

Fair enough.