21,000 ST Renewed (updated)

one55

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inigo: I probably will get there at some point, but it's hard to guess when we'll play our best. We played some good stuff at the beginning of last season, but there's no guarantee that will be reproduced. I'm probably moaning for all the other reasons it's difficult to be a Rangers man ATM.

Inigo: I probably will get there at some point, but it's hard to guess when we'll play our best. We played some good stuff at the beginning of last season, but there's no guarantee that will be reproduced. I'm probably moaning for all the other reasons it's difficult to be a Rangers man ATM.

Fair dos, squire. Hope to see you there as much as possible. :pipe:

Regardless of all the SOS nonsense, I think the main reason for the fall in season tickets is because of the poor quality of football over the last two seasons and the lack of faith that the manager and coaches can improve it.

I would be interested to see the club contact those that haven't renewed and establish the underlying reasons

I doubt that any of the 21k who have renewed would not have done so if there had been managerial changes whilst I wonder how many that have not renewed would have if changes had been made.

It's fair enough saying support the club but I think it is far more important to have the right people in place to give the support faith in the direction the club is heading. Get the manager right and the support and optimism will be unconditional.

Nothing beats watching Rangers but watching the team under McCoist is soul destroying and provides little or no entertainment or value.

Regardless of all the SOS nonsense, I think the main reason for the fall in season tickets is because of the poor quality of football over the last two seasons and the lack of faith that the manager and coaches can improve it.

I would be interested to see the club contact those that haven't renewed and establish the underlying reasons

I doubt that any of the 21k who have renewed would not have done so if there had been managerial changes whilst I wonder how many that have not renewed would have if changes had been made.

It's fair enough saying support the club but I think it is far more important to have the right people in place to give the support faith in the direction the club is heading. Get the manager right and the support and optimism will be unconditional.

Nothing beats watching Rangers but watching the team under McCoist is soul destroying and provides little or no entertainment or value.

Um, so it's conditional, then.

It would be hard to judge which reason is the biggest factor in the drop of season ticket sales.

Personally, I believe the biggest reason is the dire, negative football and uninspiring signings.

Others may believe it is the anti board stance and I believe that certain people would not have renewed for that reason.

But that would not explain why fans have been leaving Ibrox in their droves at half time under McCoist's tenure.

But,

Rangers fans support Rangers, we do not support boards or individual board members,

We support the team, The team we were introduced to by our fathers and grandfathers, The team we took our kids and grand children to see.

Um, so it's conditional, then.

There's always a smartarse.

Get the manager right and the support and optimism would be unconditional. Best examples are probably Souness and Advocaat when they were appointed.

The manager at the moment is not the preferred choice of many of the support so some have decided not to renew.

There's always a smartarse.

Get the manager right and the support and optimism would be unconditional. Best examples are probably Souness and Advocaat when they were appointed.

The manager at the moment is not the preferred choice of many of the support so some have decided not to renew.

Lol. Guilty as charged.

Sure, but seen another way, you could see it as very similar to glory hunting.

It all depends what rangers means to you. I've been going for 30 years. With my old man. If Rangers were playing dreadfully, and sitting at the bottom of the league I'd still be there, because it's in my blood now. Coisty or anyone else being manager won't change that so I'll be there.

It stands to reason that in times like this you'll find out what Rangers means to people. If it's in their blood, or if it's just a form entertainment, like the cinema.

I'd prefer to be entertained, but it's not what decides whether or not I go.

Everyone will make their choices, which of course they're entitled to do.

I have been going since the early seventies and have sat through some dross. 6500K on a Wednesday night with Greig as manager, being 2-0 up against the scum at half-time and losing 4-2, their fans giving it YNWA as they came out for the 2nd half, the tims including Nicholas standing on the pitch watching and getting inspired as we munched pies and waited on a Rangers team coming out of the tunnel.

The best has yet to come. You have to believe that; that is what it is really all about.

I have been going since the early seventies and have sat through some dross. 6500K on a Wednesday night with Greig as manager, being 2-0 up against the scum at half-time and losing 4-2, their fans giving it YNWA as they came out for the 2nd half, the tims including Nicholas standing on the pitch watching and getting inspired as we munched pies and waited on a Rangers team coming out of the tunnel.

The best has yet to come. You have to believe that; that is what it is really all about.

Hard times make the good times feel even better.

....and the means of payment changed.

Nail on the head. Certainly people have not renewed because of the Board but many I've spoken to have not renewed because of McCoist and his tactics or to be more accurate lack of them

I honestly think the no credit facility, i.e. can't use credit card and the 4 monthly direct debit payment being changed to cash, cheque or bank transfer is an issue.

At least 5 of my pals who always renew using the 4 payment direct debit scheme haven't bothered their arse renewing due to lazyness.

Ultimately there are various reasons why people have not renewed their ST's;

The Board

The league we are in

The quality of football over the last 2 seasons

No cash available

Lack of credit facilities

Disappointed with the new signings

School uniforms to buy

No Greggs as a food outlet

Cos DK and SOS told me not to

Feel free to pick any of the above and twist it to your own agenda.

Me?, I'll be there watchin the fitba.

This season is the most important and will be the best competition we've had in the last 3 years. Our tactics are shite but to me this is make or break for ally, if we do not get promoted then he has to go.

Probably had to go even if we do get promoted to be honest.

People missing this season will regret it.

21k would be decent.

I don't think its decent I think it's really quite poor

take off 1500 for the big price hike

a good few thousand refusing to indulge mccoist and his dire football

still leaves a good few thousand deciding the best way to support the club is to boycott season tickets

we shall see how many turn up, to Ibrox, the first non big game

21 k is poor tbh..

If we play a Midweek game in Winter there'll be lucky to be 15 k there..

We're a club going nowhere..

How spoilt you sound - 15k at a mid week winter game would be poor for us but mana for every other team ( bar 1) in scotland on a great day !